You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Ayesha Asher

I have had several appointments with Dr Asher, I've dealt with a lot over the past year and was hoping for a doctor who would help figure out my problems. She is very dismissive and always in a hurry. She is quick to prescribe something, anything to get you out of her office. I went in for tiredness she wanted to prescribe anti depressant, I went in for unexplained Weight gain she wanted to prescribe anti depressant. Without any testing or even any questions. The final straw was bringing my 4 year old son in for wart treatments. She treated him 4 times with liquid nitrogen, three of the four times he was screaming in pain and she was jamming the cotton swab into the extremely sore and swollen warts. She didn't care how much it was hurting. I recently brought him to a different clinic and they were appalled that the warts had looked like that for so long during treatment and immediately took a different approach to getting rid of them. Please avoid her at all costs. It's not worth it to see someone who cares so little about you, she only seems to care about how many appointments she can get through in a day.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

I can't even say that Dr. Asher is fine for just writing prescriptions, as she just doesn't listen. I have asked for a very particular prescription, yet she prescribed something else. When I asked her for the right one the next time, her excuse was, "Oh, well, that one is much more expensive." In the long run, no it wasn't, as it lasted 10x longer. If you have a problem bigger than that, forget it! She made us fill out all kinds of paperwork to have a referral written for my son to see a pediatrician, but when I went in to go over it with her, it was very obvious she hadn't even looked at it. She was wanting to go over his results from the asthma clinic, which we had already seen her about! She is very quick to judge why I was asking for a pediatrician referral - "Why can't people just let boys be boys?" when she had only very briefly met my son. When I needed her help for treatment for an MVA, she brushes it off, never suggesting any kind of treatment or follow up. Then she scolds me for not having an MRI done sooner. Funny, isn't she the one who should have sent me for one? Time for a new doctor. Please, if you need a doctor for more than the odd prescription, don't see Dr. Asher. Everyone deserves someone better.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

This facility is a distance from where I live (which is my own doing), so when I go in I have to make a trip into the city. It takes me 40ish minutes both ways, to get there, wait for 15 minutes and have a 5 minute appointment. I always feel rushed and like my concerns are never fully adressed but brushed off instead. Twice I have presented with common symptoms and have been sent for panels of test...except for the ones I need. I went to urgent care both times, got properly tested and treated. What some find "fast and efficient", I find rushed and pushed aside. I am already looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

I had an abnormal pap in 2012 and wasnt made aware of the urgency of following up every 6 months to monitor. I initiated a second pap in 2014 and she read my file and scolded me for not following up every 6 months. ( I was in her office every 3 months for prescription refills nothing was ever said to me) Received a letter from screening center re pap being abnormal again went back to doctor 3 months after...no results..assumed nothing was majorly wrong. Went back 6 months...asked again and she said there were NO results on her computer and asked me to bring the letter from screening asking me to follow up into her... ( I was in the middle of a personal crisis and moving and said I didnt know if I could find it) She said try. Still no follow up... I finally went to a womans clinic to start fresh...said my doctor didnt get the results back..that I wasnt in the system for that particular pap. The womans clinic had my results from the lab back with in 15 minutes of me walking in. It had progressed to high abnormal with a chance of glandular involvement and I needed an immediate Colposcopy. It took ten months to find that out. In 10 months my abnormal cells could have grown into something much worse and I could have been writing about something much more dire. I had to have an additional LEEP procedure and am hoping everything is going to be okay. She is still unaware that I sourced my results elsewhere even after I personally followed up with her twice...My cells would still be high abnormal and growing because of her indifference to my health.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

I want to share my experience with Dr Asher so that potential patients understand their role in a mutually benefiting relationship between themselves and Dr Asher. My first few visits with Dr Asher were ones in which I was requesting a specific blood test or medicine. Dr Asher fulfilled my requests and I was satisfied. I think that it is unfair to say that Dr Asher doesn't have a bedside manner in these types of exchanges. Rather she is efficient and polite. Recently though, I experienced a major mental and physical health problem. I didn't know what was going on or how I would ever get better. I went to Dr Asher to begin care. Dr Asher immediately noticed my incapacitation regardless of my disbelief or denial. Dr Asher recommended a second opinion over a recent specialists opinion and that second opinion was paramount to my successful recovery because it was correct, and in line with her opinion that the first specialists opinion was an incorrect diagnosis. I soon found my voice and how to describe what I was experiencing and Dr Asher listened to me and worked with me and my specialists to encourage my health recovery. Whenever I had a question, Dr Asher would address it, and our relationship grew out of this experience. I think it's more realistic and helpful to people to withhold judgement on Dr Asher until you actually meet her and work with her. Today so many people are pseudo doctors for themselves by reading medical information on line and or by thinking they know exactly what's wrong with them, what they want and need, and are not really interested in working with doctors in tandem. Dr Asher is well educated, knowledgable, helpful, trusting, friendly and skilled. I would highly recommend her. Keep an open mind when meeting every health care professional.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

She has been our family Dr. since July 2012 when our old Dr. moved and I was pregnant back then. My husband has been very uncomfortable with her since day 1 Everytime he go see her for his chronic pain she would only say take tylenol. Every time we go for a refill prescription she changed the dosage. When she checked my son she barely ckecked his ear and said yes he have an infection and just prescribed an antibiotic that gave him an allergy. And knew as well about my son's chronic constipation since new born but never referred him to a pediatrician or specialist. She just said that my son doesn't need it. She knew as well that my husband has a history of cancer. Until it was time again for my husband's annual MRI. We reminded her about that so they can make a requisition but she said that she wouldn't send him for more radiation. Around november 2014 when his leg swelled and went to see dr. Asher she only sent him for an ultrasound and didn't do or recommend anything when the result came normal. I dont feel and think it was normal when a skinny person has swollen leg. So I sent my husband to the urgent care instead to get a thorough check but it was too late, my husband's cancer came back. it could have been caught earlier should he was sent for a test earlier of last year. I came back one more time to see her because my son was sick but she said it was just a virus and she she saw her copy from the hospital about my husband. I never saw an empathy on her face but blamed my husband instead for seeing a chinese doctor earlier of last year. My husband only had to go see other doctor because she only keeps prescribing tylenol we have a record of it. We requested a copy of our medical history because we were so pissed and disappointed at Dr. Asher so we had to changed and look for a new family doctor. And we found an awesome doctor who is even willing to visit us at home to check my husband. I do not recommend Dr. Asher at all.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I'm shocked by some of the reviews here. My appointments are always fast because we don't shoot the breeze or linger when nothing's wrong. I don't find her cold, just efficient. And she's a great doctor. She was completely nonjudgmental about my mental health and bisexuality-related issues, but I'm most pleased by her handling of my chronic pain. She asked good questions, was thorough with labs and testing, and is working with me on a fibromyalgia diagnosis and treatment, which isn't taken seriously by many doctors. I feel very lucky to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

If you are looking for a new physician or are new to Calgary, don't even bother. Dr Asher is the worst physician. When I went in for my first appointment, which was described as a meet and greet, she simply sat behind a laptop, asked two or three questions and dismissed me. She gives the impression that you are wasting her time and cares very little about your health. You basically have to go in there knowing exactly what you want. She will give you little to no advice or information, so if you are looking for help, you are out of luck. After having a physical/pap with her, I left the office feeling horrified and ashamed. She refused to help me with early breast cancer screening and scolded me when I wanted to switch my birth control from the shot to the pill. I am posting this because I want to save women from wasting their time. It is alarming to see a female physician which such disregard for women. Wait for something better.

Submitted April 27, 2015

Had only gone a few times. Her bedside manner is terrible but I figured if she was a good doctor I could overlook it. Now I know why it's empty in this clinic. Went in for test results regarding my RA. She didn't even read the report from my specialist or have my past results to compare. Then had the nerve to give me heck for taking herbs my acupuncturist recommended saying I didn't know what I was taking. Had she read the report she would know what I was taking. All she cared about was pushing narcotic pain meds that would cause me to lose the position I have at work. I will now be driving an hour away to go to my sisters doctor. Do not bother with this doctor. Better to wait and be without.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

Dr. Asher has been attending our family for 4 years and we feel very lucky to have found her. She is kind, patient, knowledgeable, and very sensitive to individual needs. I find her to be well informed of the latest research in both pharmacology and mental health (my area of expertise), and is especially skilled in working with babies and toddlers. She has been taking care of our little one for two years now and has done better than the ER docs that saw him previously. Dr. Asher is very accessible and her staff is prompt in following direction from her and providing letters or returning phone calls. Dr. Asher instills confidence with her patients by demonstrating both medical knowledge as well as an understanding of the human conditions. I recommend her to any family that is looking for a respectful, knowledgeable and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Dr. Ayesha Asher's Credentials

AHC
Wellpoint

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I have had several appointments with Dr Asher, I've dealt with a lot over the past year and was hoping for a doctor who would help figure out my problems. She ..."

January 13, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I can't even say that Dr. Asher is fine for just writing prescriptions, as she just doesn't listen. I have asked for a very particular prescription, yet she pr..."

November 21, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "This facility is a distance from where I live (which is my own doing), so when I go in I have to make a trip into the city. It takes me 40ish minutes both ways,..."

October 12, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I had an abnormal pap in 2012 and wasnt made aware of the urgency of following up every 6 months to monitor. I initiated a second pap in 2014 and she read my f..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I want to share my experience with Dr Asher so that potential patients understand their role in a mutually benefiting relationship between themselves and Dr Ash..."

July 22, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "She has been our family Dr. since July 2012 when our old Dr. moved and I was pregnant back then. My husband has been very uncomfortable with her since day 1 Ev..."

July 18, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I'm shocked by some of the reviews here. My appointments are always fast because we don't shoot the breeze or linger when nothing's wrong. I don't find her cold..."

May 17, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "If you are looking for a new physician or are new to Calgary, don't even bother. Dr Asher is the worst physician. When I went in for my first appointment, whi..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Had only gone a few times. Her bedside manner is terrible but I figured if she was a good doctor I could overlook it. Now I know why it's empty in this clinic. ..."

March 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Asher has been attending our family for 4 years and we feel very lucky to have found her. She is kind, patient, knowledgeable, and very sensitive to individ..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My family and I have been seeing Dr. Asher for 3-4 years now and we have nothing but great things to say about her. Kind, thorough, intelligent, well spoken. Sh..."

January 6, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Asyer is the WORST doctor I have ever had. Sorry but it is true. She has no bed side manners, has no enthusiasm, nor does it seem like she is very happy to ..."

December 29, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I had to take my mom to a walk in this nov. 2014 as she is visiting us from India and she was having a lot of problems because of cold temperature. Before go..."

December 12, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I'm still a bit unsure about Dr. Asher. She is extremely punctual and I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes which is AWESOME, but she does seem a bit ru..."

November 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I moved to Calgary one year back in Winter. Due to cold and dry weather I was suffering from eczima, on one of my friends suggestion I and my fmly registerd our..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Asher is a great Dr. She's been very helpful with my mom being diagnosed with cancer earlier this year & then with myself just a short while after. She's k..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Well what can I say about this doctor. I read her reviews but my mom needed a new doctor as hers retired. Took her to this doctor for the last year. She did not..."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "WORSE doctor I have ever had in Calgary!!! She did a pap test for me and I have never had one that was more painful. she was very rude and inconsiderate about h..."

September 10, 2014