Ratings for Dr. Ayesha Asher

We moved to Calgary 5 years ago and Dr Ayesha has been our family doctor from the get go. I have 2 girls, 10 and 7 year old. Whenever I take them she listens to them first and treats them with respect. If its something preventable she advises us of that as well. I needed a referral recently and I got one. Her staff are very professional and approachable. My mum had come to Calgary from India over the summer and she is very pleased with the Dr's approach and the medicine she prescribed was very effective as well.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Thank goodness Dr Asher is not my regular GP. I took my daughter to WellPoint as a walk in patient, and she was the doctor available rather than our family doctor. I can't speak too much to punctuality; we did wait for an hour, but we were walk ins. When she did finally make it to the room, her bedside manner was atrocious. She made me feel guilty for what my daughter has come down with, and even commented as to how "rare it is for a child to have this condition in Calgary" and commented on caring better for my daughter. As confirmed by other reputable sources as well as a 2nd opinion, its not uncommon (but even if it was, is that the best way to handle the situation?!). The guilt trip was frustrating and unnecessary. After much convincing through mostly deaf ears that she may need follow up medication, Dr Asher finally wrote up her prescription...but when we brought it in, the pharmacist was surprised that she did write up for it, as the meds she prescribed are not easily available in Calgary, was wrong for the condition my daughter had, and was totally the incorrect dosage. Thank goodness for the other doctors at WellPoint who are significantly more qualified. Next time we have to walk-in, we'll wait longer if it means avoiding Dr Asher.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

After my daughter had a particularly bad experience with this doctor, I came here and was horrified to read the poor reviews that backed up my daughter's experience. And to read below that this doctor has asked her patients to write in good reviews because she's had bad ones? Listen to your patients, treat them with respect, and then deal with their problems with professionalism ... THAT will bring in better reviews.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Have been to her several times she is dismissive made me feel that Iam wasting her time gave me no solutions when you have a knee the size of a basketball tell your dr I have been taking 18 plus Advil a day for pain management and she tells you keep doing what your doing ... 3 of 4 canals in knee have collapsed go for a run is not advice never alone good advice....

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Dr. Asher is very personable when you take the time to connect with her. I find her excellent to talk to and very invested in her patients wellness.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

She never ever helped me deal with my Diabetes. She has no knowledge about the disease. In two years she never ever gave me a Checkup. Very snarly person, hates her job.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Our family has had several appointments with Dr Asher, as we were new to the area last year * she accepted us. Be warned, if a DR can get you in easily & quickly, there might be a reason. She often pretends to listen...but actually isn't. She has either written you off in what you say or ask, or she looks bored as you speak. She is very dismissive & always answers before you even finish. She can be quick to prescribe something at times, saying anything to get you out of her office. Other times she makes you feel bad for even asking...as she has an air of superiority. Please avoid her & find another DR. It's not worth it to see someone who cares so little about you, she only seems to care about how many appointments she can get through in a day. Oh, her staff are decent, but once they judge you...they become insincere. Its a strange environment & we will look elsewhere. Read all the reviews & see the common themes & issues...& be aware if you do decide to book with her.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

The staff was wonderful. Very caring and charismatic. Dr. Asher had been my family doctor since I was 15. Ever since I met her she was very cold, she pretends to listen to me, never took me seriously. She has asked my mother to write good reviews about her because she had bad ones. Going to see Dr asher is something I have stopped doing. The last time I saw her I swore to myself I would never do that again. I had concerns that I brought up to her, and she paid no attention, really. She just wanted me out. She is too fast to judge. She has never been thorough with me. Very judgmental and sassy. Total **** doctor. Thanks for the drugs

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

I am very pleased with Dr. Asher. She takes the time we need and never rushes us at all. Her staff are extremely friendly and never rude. I have always received an appointment when I need it, and have never had to wait too long at all. My boys like her and she speaks to them with respect, unlike my previous doctor. She takes the time to listen to all our concerns. I am proactive with our health and find that there is a mutual respect with Dr. Asher that I have never had before. Thank you for being someone I feel cares about our long term health and helps us make informed decisions.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Dr Asher is wonderful. Both my girls ages 10 and 12 think she is the best! She always takes the time to listen to their concerns and health problems. When they had to get warts removed she talks to them first and warns them what to expect and to let her know when they can't handle it and she would stop and does! My girls totally trust her! As a parent I am so grateful to have Dr Asher to help my family in partnership to my childrens total health.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016