Ratings for Dr. Ayesha Asher

Thank god she is not our Family doctor. I took my bay to her because she was having viral and had high temperature. Dr Asher checked and said hat my daughter 'might have' chest infection and gave her antibiotics for 10 days. We were shocked to see how generous she was with medications. We did not trust her and took my daughter to urgent care. There she was checked twice, once with nurse and second with doctor to see if she had chest infection. And our doubt was correct.. Dr Asher is bad doctor. My daughter had viral with clear chest and there was no need of antibiotics. Please avoid Dr Asher at all cost!!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Asher for years and I have always had a good experience. I have rarely, if ever waited long to see her. Staff is always friendly. She is always open to listening to all my questions.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Dr. Asher has been my doctor for about two years and always seems very dismissive, like any concerns I have are unimportant. Any appointment I've had with her has never lasted beyond 10 minutes, even when serious. Very quick to prescribe without actually getting anything besides basic information from me.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

We have been seeing Dr Asher as our family physician for the past 6 years. Its easy to get an appointment, the waiting time is minimal and most importantly, she truly goes above and beyond with regards to diagnosis, treatment and an overall caring about the health of my kids and myself. I highly recommend Dr Asher. Also, her staff is friendly, accommodating and pleasant.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

She was my first doctor in calgary after moving from Edmonton,worse is when she gave wrong diagnoses for my kid,it was about my daughter who had wrong diagnoses in emergency saying she has heart condition and we should consult with family doctor,as terrified I was in went to my family doctor Dr asher, she not only confirmed it but sent my kid for cardiovascular ultra sound and other tests...which all came saying she is Okey,nothing wrong with her...her heart rate was normal for her age...a family doctor should know that kids younger then 5 years have higher heart rate....she didn't I guess...then i got pregnant and asked to be sent to South health campus...she said they aren't accepting low risk patients,and she decided to send to referral to low risk which I specifically asked not to send referral too... low risk kept calling...to I went in again to clinic and had chat with her and told her again I don't want to be at that place send my referral to foothills......a month past and I get call from clinic saying why I have told them where they have to sent my referral to?amazing right...I have previous miscarriage so I was worried as ****counting days and weeks,changed my doctor and got referral to South health campus approved in 1 week...she sent such a bad history about patients that I had to wait 1.5 year to see a ENT specialist...don't go to her...she will either misdiagnosed or sent you home saying,sending referral to specialist....for that specialists call u wait for weeks...when finally call comes in...it would be 6 months away...untill then wait with wrong diagnoses that ur kids has heart condition....

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

This doctor has got to be one of the worst I've ever visited. She is always running late, very unhelpful when answering questions, and in general doesn't seem to know her stuff. My family has had multiple issues with her; varying from minor to serious. Really would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

I have an 88 year old mother who moved from Ontario. She waited for 3 hours to see her previous doctor. Dr. Asher never makes her wait for more than 10 minutes and the building is easy to access. She is very knowledgeable about elder care and treats her with the utmost respect. I can also call her on the phone to discuss issues regarding my mother. It is so nice of her to do that as it is very a hardship for my mother to physically go to the doctor. Dr. Asher always asks after my mother who is in assisted living no matter who from my family is seeing her. It is so comforting to be able to talk to her openly about my mom and know she has worked with the elderly. After each episode that my mother has ended up in the hospital, Dr. Asher will explain all the tests and procedures that she is having. I do not know any of the hospital doctors and they change daily. I trust Dr. Asher and the information she has provided me has been priceless during moments of extreme stress. I am a very good judge of character and I just do not understand some of these negative comments. They must be coming from patients who are abusing the system. I think it is unhappy troubled people who make the most outrageous comments and those of us who are totally satisfied don't think to take the time to sit down and write it out. I appreciate you so much Dr. Asher. Thanks for keeping care of my mom and our whole family.........

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr. Asher is amazing. My husband would never go to the doctor because our previous doctor dismissed him without listening. I found Dr. Asher and she has been amazing. My husband who now has be diagnosed with several health issues calls her whenever he feels unwell. She treats all our family with respect, caring and provides us with excellent care. She will refer to a specialist when needed and provides us with a yearly wellness plan that keeps us on track. She always asks about our family and my elderly mother. I cannot express how much difference she has made in our life. I now have a husband who is being looked after medically because of her excellent care. He enjoys going to see her and has a special relationship with her filled with respect and admiration. She makes me accountable for my own health as I tend to put things off. She is an excellent doctor and we have had many. Perfection , grace, humour and compassion describes her along with her excellent skills. If you are reading this Dr. Asher, Randall and Leslie are very grateful for your care. Our rating 10/10

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

I had started seeing Dr Asher when my son was born and he has taken on me and my boys as a family doc. Shes very kind and listens and has a great sense of humor. She takes the time to listen and cares alot about my concerns.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

We moved to Calgary 5 years ago and Dr Ayesha has been our family doctor from the get go. I have 2 girls, 10 and 7 year old. Whenever I take them she listens to them first and treats them with respect. If its something preventable she advises us of that as well. I needed a referral recently and I got one. Her staff are very professional and approachable. My mum had come to Calgary from India over the summer and she is very pleased with the Dr's approach and the medicine she prescribed was very effective as well.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016