Ratings for Dr. Hilton Ling

Nothing is certain Im sure when procedures like mine are done but mine turned out. Im a complicated case but Dr Ling and all involved at St Pauls did a great job replacing my aortic valve with a graft on my aorta. Was back to doing physical work in under 2 months. Impressive.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

I am home on my first night after a valve replacement done by Dr.Hilton Ling who was recommended to me by St.Paul's Heart Function Clinic which has been following my condition since 1997 .From the moment I met him in his office at St.Paul's to the moment yesterday when he ok'd my release he has made me feel like he cared .He always came in to see me every day after my surgery.He is very personable and has a great sense of humor!I feel blessed to have been referred to such and extraordinary surgeon and human being and I hope he lives on forever!On a scale of 1 to 5 I would give him a 10.I would recommend this man to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Great Doctor!!! Amazing knowledge! Loved talking with him

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

Dr. Ling saved my life. He is an incredibly skilled surgeon, and also an empathetic man who cared deeply about my recovery and my family during a time that without his work would have been my end.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

An amazing, sensitive and skilled physician who spent many hours saving the life of my partner. The staff were excellent and didn't mind that I spent the night for 2 solid weeks. They allowed me to participate in his care and made me feel like family the entire time. I am forever grateful to these wonderful people.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

The thing is, how do you "rate" a doctor who has given you the precious gift of an extended life. My own circumstances were so compromised that I required immediate emergency heart valve replacements. Dr Ling performed this surgery with such brilliance that, not only do I no longer suffer the frightening and exhausting effects of a failing heart, but my days are now again filled with the joy; a renewed appreciation of the wonderful gifts life ; happy times with family; the birth of of first and only grandchild; the day to day wonder of good spirits and good health. There are no words to express my gratitude and that of my family to this incredibly skilled and capable surgeon. Thank you, Dr Ling, for saving my life. I'll do my best to make the best of it.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

My husband had an aortic valve replacement, double bypass and aneurysm repair operation performed by Dr. Ling in February, 2015. Before surgery he took the time to clearly outline the scope of the operation and answered all our questions thoroughly. After surgery he visited my husband daily and always had a humorous quip or two to share. His expertise is second to none and we feel so very fortunate that he was our surgeon. He is simply the best!!! With our heartfelt thanks to Dr. Ling and all the great staff at St. Paul's hospital.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Dr. Ling spent approximately six hours in my chest cavity repairing severe damage caused by Endocarditis in October of 2014. This was my fourth Aortic valve replacement in 35 years and my third open heart operation. His technique was so exceptional, that after the revcovery period. My previously debilitating Ejection Fraction of 22% had been restored to 48-50% which took me from being a CHF patient on long-term extended care to being virtually unencumbered by my heart repair history. I can not say enough about his calm and confident manner and his skill as a surgeon, This was the second time Dr. Ling replace my Aortic valve, the second of my 4 valves was replace about 13 years ago, and again, my recovery time and over-all health was greatly improved by his precise and gifted approach. On this last episode, I had been basically give up for dead, most of the physicians who were working on my case told my relatives that I was not expected to survive, my liver, kidneys and other organs had begun to shut down as a result of the extraordinary complications from some repairs done in May 2014 and the endocarditis. I spent two months in the hospital and Dr. Ling visited with me every day, we often discussed the nuts and bolts of my case and he was articulate and straightforward in his answers to my concerns. It is a priviledge and an honor to be the recipient of his efforts, he is clearly the best at what he does and an excellent and sublime human being. A very grateful patient...my only hope is that he will be practicing long enough to replace the current valve when it wears out in 14 years or so...If not, I would certainly seek his advice as to the next heart surgeon I engage for that procedure. Dr. Ling was recommended to me by my first Heart Surgeon an equally gifted if not a bit taciturn Dr. Ian Munroe, Dr. Monroe's counsel was that Dr. Ling would be his choice for his own heart valve replacement should he need one. I don't think recommendations come much higher than that. BB

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Dr. Hilton Ling's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Nothing is certain Im sure when procedures like mine are done but mine turned out. Im a complicated case but Dr Ling and all involved at St Pauls did a great j..."

February 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Kudos Dr. Ling ! You are the best ! I feel extremely fortunate to have had you as my surgeon !"

October 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am home on my first night after a valve replacement done by Dr.Hilton Ling who was recommended to me by St.Paul's Heart Function Clinic which has been followi..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great Doctor!!! Amazing knowledge! Loved talking with him "

September 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ling saved my life. He is an incredibly skilled surgeon, and also an empathetic man who cared deeply about my recovery and my family during a time that with..."

August 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "An amazing, sensitive and skilled physician who spent many hours saving the life of my partner. The staff were excellent and didn't mind that I spent the night..."

August 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The thing is, how do you "rate" a doctor who has given you the precious gift of an extended life. My own circumstances were so compromised that I required imme..."

May 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Simply amazing. We are so grateful to Dr. Ling and the staff at St. Pauls. Preparing for the second surgery and are extremely optimistic. "

May 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband had an aortic valve replacement, double bypass and aneurysm repair operation performed by Dr. Ling in February, 2015. Before surgery he took the ti..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ling spent approximately six hours in my chest cavity repairing severe damage caused by Endocarditis in October of 2014. This was my fourth Aortic valve rep..."

January 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a physician referring patients to Dr. Ling. I would like keep him forever. because he is exceptional in everything he does."

January 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely the best, he did my husband's triple bypass surgery in 1982 and after nineteen years, when every cardiac surgeon in Victoria said they could do noth..."

December 7, 2014