Ratings for Dr. Calista Mendis

Stay away! Dr. Mendis is horrible! She prescribed my son triple the dose of medication (thank God the pharmacist caught it). She prescribed me the wrong medication for strep throat. After I told her not to. She also refused to give me the prescription until I "gave it a few days", so that I had to come back. Even though I've had it several times and couldn't even swallow by the time I got my meds. Her and the male doctor misdiagnosed my wife. After the male doctor refused to properly examine her. Dr. Mendis doesn't even let you finish a sentence, before cutting you off and trying guess what's wrong.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

her knowledge of medical ailments is terrible and her manners are even worse. In her mad rush to see more patients she does not even listen to you properly. If you ask her again, she tells you to come back for another appointment. All she is interested in is how to mint money by asking patients to again and again. For every problem she advises multiple tests without proper instructions. She does not bother to find out if you are on any other medication that could potentially conflict with what she is prescribing. Her standard prescription for everything is a painkiller. Wonder how she got her certification to practice in this country. The council needs to re-examine her.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Awful in almost every way. Dismissive about every concern I have. I came in after having collapsed and she didn't even take a single vital sign or do anything other than say it was probably low blood sugar. When needing forms filled out she told me it was taking too long and I had to come back even though I had an appointment and she filled out the form incorrectly in the end. She gave me a list of YouTube videos to watch to help with my crippling mental health issues. She prescribed me drugs the interact dangerously with drugs I have been on for years and the pharmacist luckily picked up on. Will be finding a new doctor immediately. Avoid her like the plague.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

Awesome a very caring woman, takes time to understand

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

Chose this doctor due to proximity and availability. We can usually get an appoint same day which has been great for situations that needed immediate attention. Unfortunately we will be switching to another clinic since we feel we can't trust her judgement and knowledge. She's given us questionable advice and prescriptions everytime we've seen her. She's dismissive and quick to jump to conclusions, which is our experience have been wrong. Would not recommend and hopefully won't be returning patience.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

i think dodtor mendis is the best doctor around the world and she always helps me with anything i need fom her and she is always my favrote doctor in the world

Submitted October 19, 2015

Dr. Mendis is now practising in Calgary at a new clinic. When I saw her, she never asked me about any allergies nor meds I'm currently taking, never took any of my vital signs and was very rushed. She prescribed something that has a severe and possibly even life threatening interaction with a medication I've been on long-term--irresponsible and unprofessional misconduct in my opinion.

Submitted December 31, 2014

I met this doctor very recently, she was very good with my old parents, she listned to them, she was caring, spent lot of time with them. She had the passion to be a doctor. I am really happy with her.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

A great doctor! I was very happy with her and I was very sad to see her go.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

She's very rude, could not give me a direct response. Insulted me about my size and said it was because I was infected with all these diseases....not professional, I'm a patient I have a right to ask questions about my results, as a doctor she should practice some manners...very judgemental! Better service at the fast food place down the street...do not recommend

Submitted August 27, 2014