You may also like

Very happy with treatment from Dr. Shimon, only doctor that I saw that knew what I was experiencing, provided information that always works and friendly and courteous. He is a specialist for a reason - he knows his stuff :)

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

I was told I was suffering with arthritis in my neck brushed off and when I told him my symptoms it wasn't a big deal then he turns around gives me a nerve block my vision went funny and went back to see him he said its arthritis and deal that was the last time I seen him and its 2 years of suffering and my recent mri I have degereate disc and multiple nerve and cord impinchments ! good luck with this man

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Very knowledgeable and helpful. Very friendly and willing to answer my questions. He's been treating me for three years and I have no complaints. I have recommended him to my friends

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

I think this man is interested in having his ego stroked by the people of Cape Breton. When he finally saw my husband, his response was, I don't know what this is, but I want to video tape this & share it with my colleagues & I will get back to you. That was 3 years ago & trust me I followed up with the office only to be told my husband was not his patient. Maybe he helps others, but I found him to be rude, & unprofessional in the extreme.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

I can't thank Dr. Shimon and the staff at Cape Breton Regional Hospital enough for the care and support provided for my wife, who was treated for a mild stroke 4/2 to 4/5. Friendly, competent, patient, answered all questions, took whatever time was required to walk us through my wife's status and required follow-up care. Couldn't be happier with the support we received.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Dr. Shimon is a very caring, knowledgeable, and competent doctor. He took great care of my father, and was never too busy to speak with our family. He is realistic, but helped to keep our hope alive (unlike some of the terrible doctors at the Cape Breton Regional Hospital who told us that there was no hope). Many months later after my Dad fell ill, he walked out of the hospital. For this we are grateful.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

I JUST FINISHED HAVE KNEE SURGURY, NO MY LEG ,I LOST MY BALANCE,AND FELL INTO THE T.V STAND,AND IT NOT THE WIND OUT,MY SISTER CALL THE AMBALANCE,THE PARAMEDIC TOLD DOCTORS HOMES, THAT I TOOK A SEIZURE, MY SISTER TOLD THEM WHAT HAPPEN. WHEN I WAS SEND TO SEE DOCTORS SHIMON, HE TOOK AWAY MY DRIVERS LICENCE, AND HE DIDN'T EVEN READ THE LETTER MY SISTER FOR ME TO GIVE. HE WAS NOT INTERESTED WHAT I HAD TO SAY,I AM REALLY SICK OF THE MEDICAL SYSTEM HERE IN CAPE BRETON

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

Great doctor and very professional. He has excellwnt bedside manner takes the time to listen to your concerns.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2012

excellent doctor.welcome to sydney hope this gd doctor stays here

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Dr. Laith Dinkha Shimon's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very happy with treatment from Dr. Shimon, only doctor that I saw that knew what I was experiencing, provided information that always works and friendly and cou..."

November 24, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I was told I was suffering with arthritis in my neck brushed off and when I told him my symptoms it wasn't a big deal then he turns around gives me a nerve blo..."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very knowledgeable and helpful. Very friendly and willing to answer my questions. He's been treating me for three years and I have no complaints. I have rec..."

March 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is smart, honest, a good guy. I like him. I have had 70 different Doctors because of many serious and complicated medical problems. He is among the best."

November 11, 2014