Ratings for Dr. Peter Powles

Every single appointment runs an hour late. Only interested in booking repeat appointments so he can keep billing for superfluous visits. Wastes appointment time reading a chart instead of being prepared for each patient. Doesn’t listen. I work in healthcare and wouldn’t wish this doctor on my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Dr Powles is a great doctor. There was a significant wait time but understandable as he is a specialist. My questions were answered and I never felt rushed. I called his office a number of times with questions and his secretary is very nice and pleasant. Overall I was very happy with my experience!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

I find it extremely rude when a doctor has no eye contact with you and more concerned about writing then actually listening to what your saying and what your concerns are. With a nursing background i can say he is unprofessional and lacks bedside manner. I will try and seek another doctor who will actually care for me as a patient and not a number. I left my appointment today feeling frustrated and upset that my concerns with Fibromyalgia, chronic pain and fatigue makes it difficult to find a dramatic improvement with my energy levels. Instead of understanding me he feels increasing the pressure of the C Pap will turn me into a superwoman and reverse everything. 6 years dealing with this and I can honestly say each treatment is a short term fix. Hope this helps

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

I am very happy working with Dr. Powles and his staff. Never had to wait long. Helped me with all issues I was having. Worked with me until we had the perfect settings to help me and my family sleep peacefully every nite. A++++++

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Everytime I called for the status of my referral it seems the office was closed for vacation. The messages I left did not receive a response. I finally got fed up and was referred to Dr Lerner, now she was fantastic and I always get a prompt and pleasant response from the young lady in her office.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

I have had nothing but good experience with Dr Powles and would have no hesitation in recommending him.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I find it incredibly unsettling that some people were unsatisfied with Dr. Powles and only had negative comments to share. I feel the COMPLETE OPPOSITE! I first saw Dr. Powles roughly 6 years ago and I was going through some pretty hard personal and emotional issues at the time as well as health concerns that were becoming debilitating. I was a mess and I was the biggest pain and irresponsible patient as I kept cancelling appointment after appointment, rescheduling non stop last minute and instead of giving up on me and being fed up, I received a ton of support and understanding from both Dr. Powles and his AMAZING Secretary Betty. When I finally met with him, he set up all the necessary tests and when we followed up, he told me about his findings and explained the diagnosis in full making sure I was well aware and understood what was going on with me. I found him above and beyond caring and he put everything into giving me that personal attention. From the first meeting to every appointment I've ever had with him, the care I've received has always been consistent with being what I think and feel to be nothing but the best! I hope he continues to stay as my physician for as long as I need him! He's an amazing doctor and I'm beyond thankful I was referred to him! 😃

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

My only complaint is the lack of conversation after the initial visit Questions asked and writing all the time with no eye contact although I realize he must keep on top of things or will run behind He is willing to answer your questions but seems detached , like you are a number and not really concerned how you are doing If you are overweight you do have sleep apnoea as the weight pushes on your diaphragm when lying down constricting your breathing I trust in him as I was recommended to see him by other Drs I trust

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

I'm sorry if some feel they didn't the best medical attention from him but I personally think he's wonderful. He has always been extremely thorough when explaining things and he has always been very patient, helpful and always very very kind to me. When I need an appointment, I get one fairly quick. His secretary is an absolute sweetheart too. No complaints what so ever. I love having him as my specialist and wouldn't want anyone else.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

Dr. Powles is a very rude and arrogant man. I have to agree with the other two comments that he reaches his decision and doesn't change if you are the slightest bit over weight. My first visit with him he spent my visit talking to his resident and not me. Never once during that appointment did he listen to me. I think he gets a kick back for the number of people he refers to get CPAP machines. I have never been treated with such disrespect in my life by someone who calls himself a doctor. I have left him and moved onto Dr. Juliana Li. This man needs to take some lessons on how to treat people and how to talk to people. Would never recommend this doctor to anyone unless you like being degraded.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014