Ratings for Dr. Jenny Owens

In general feel like Dr. Owens is very knowledgeable and knows what she's doing. Definitely focused on medication -- farms out therapy to others in the practice. She seems not as assertive as other psychiatrists I have seen, and sometimes this is off-putting. But if you're looking for med management, overall decent choice.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

Not terrible, but I found her somewhat distant. During my "intake" she asked all the same old questions, but spent a lot more time writing notes to herself than letting me talk (I felt like I was interrupting). Usually 10 minutes late, annoying when I was always on time or early. On the upside, she called me back within 2 hours when I called her with a question.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Rude and unfocused. Flew off the handle at me during appointment due to my autistic son's actions during appt. Called me a bad mother, told me she did not like me and discharged me saying I was non-compliant b/c I missed one appt (which I paid for) b/c my daughter was sick. Very uncaring, unfreindly enviornment for children. Threatening, demeaning and belittling, especially for someone in the mental health feild. When discharged refused to fill my meds until I found a new doctor- yet she is concerned about her patients' mental health and stability? Yeah thats a BIG joke.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011