Ratings for Dr. John Jacob

If your doctor refers you to him, ask for someone else. First, English is a second language to him and he's very hard to make out. Next, he rushed me out of the office so fast, I had to stop him twice to figure out what he was trying to communicate. His receptionist is just a rude little girl who was actually ignorant to me.

Submitted August 23, 2017

I am very displeased with the care my Husband received in 2015 was told on follow up from operation in July 8th 2015 that he looked normal for his age having the skin over taunt and not able to move back when he was circumcised a life time and had slight growth at time and it grew and grew waiting to see him . !Took months to get back to get care cause Dr Jacob did not want him back for year duhhh and did not get back till June of 2016 and i was there and told Dr. this was emergency and he said it was not and got operation in August and my Husband had cancer !Dr. Jacob was shocked too but stupid to not know what it was , Now Edgar is going for operation in Halifax for removal because the cancer is too advanced to save his and maybe lymph node removal so thank you Dr. Jacob for not having the knowledge and better go back to school . Oh and by the way already reported you to Health Authority of NS and pending court suing of them ,Hospital, and you Jacob .! Joann Davidson MacDonald

Submitted October 6, 2016

My experience was similar to another reviewer. He shoved a random prescription in my hand, when that didn't work and I went back, I got two more types of pills to try. Turns out the problem was muscular as I had suspected all along. His diagnosis and approach were completely wrong (check out "male pelvic floor or pelvis floor issues" if you are having problems, there is often a muscular component ...

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

I was referred by my family doctor to Dr. Jacob John Puthenparumpil. I found him to be very courteous and business-like but attentive to what I was saying. He did an exam and after reviewing my records and test results, offered his opinion and choices for treatment. He discussed the likely outcomes for each treatment option and answered my questions. He gave me the choice of returning to him for follow-up or seeing my family doctor for follow-up. I have seen him twice now and have been very satisfied with my treatment. His staff have been very good as well. They have been professional, kind and helpful by explaining various procedures and offering educational information to me.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

I would not return to see this man,,,,,,I was in his office less than two minutes..he did not examine me, just wrote me out a prescription....was very rude.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015