Ratings for Dr. Michael Bryant

Have only had good experiences with dr Bryant Friendly put my mind at ease with all my 100’s of questions and time and time again will answer them I am having second surgery but so far I would highly recommend

flag | Submitted July 9, 2018

110% trust in Dr Bryant. He Operated on my c5/6 c6/7 , I had ACDF plus plates on 20/6/18 . He is very professional with a great sense of humour and made me feel comfortable the moment I met him the day of my surgery. He is spoken of very highly which made me at ease up until surgery. Dr Michael Bryant and the staff working with him were amazing ❤️

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

As a GP myself and having had a failed back operation 6 months earlier, I came across Dr Michael Bryant and found that he rated highly on ratemds.com. He listened to my thoughts on the operation that should be performed and fortunately we both agreed, laminectomy and spinal fusion. Even more fortunately but not surprisingly, the operation was successful and I was able to go home 36 hours later. This doctor is a wonderful surgeon, even more wonderful as a person, a great combination of confidence and humbleness. I highly recommend him for any spinal surgery.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Great surgeon! Explained everything to me in great detail. Wasn't pushy with surgery but gave me all the options. Great knowledge and very helpful through every step of the way! Would recommend to everyone.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Fantastic surgeon, explained alternatives and risks in easy to understand terms and let me make the choice. I went from debilitating inability to complete household tasks to pain free six weeks post theatre!!! Cannot recommend Dr Bryant highly enough.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

What an arrogant b#stard. I dont think he even looked at my face once in the whole consult. Talked over the top of me the whole time. Didnt listen. Thinks he knows it all. Perhaps hes good in theatre..i dont want his dirty hands in my flesh

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

I cannot rate Mr Byrant highly enough, I've had cervical and lumbar surgery performed by him and I would not have trusted anyone else to have performed these operations, he certainly made me feel at ease and helped me over come my apprehension especially as I was concerned and anxious

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

After seeing one specialist & feeling not at all confident with his procedure I then saw Dr Terry Coyne who not only spoke to me regarding the surgery that I wanted which was not fusion to my neck but the latest procedure with a disc replacement he referred me to Dr Michael Bryant After my 1st visit I booked in immediately for the operation as I felt that confident with his ability He explained everything prior to the operation & was not at all pushy as was the case with the 1st doctor The operation went well and I was home the following day with not even needing pain killers. The problem that I had for 8 months prior had nearly instantly ceased I have another disc which in sometime in the future will need replacing & will have no fear or hesitation at getting it done with Dr Michael Bryant He actually gave me my life back as prior to the surgery I was unable to drive any distant in the car without shooting pain down my left arm and numbness in my fingers. That was instantly gone so looking forward to my next caravan trip. Anybody needing neck surgery they should definitely get this procedure of disc replacement over fusion as with the disc replacement you have full motion of your neck and your recovery time is minimal ie,. 7 to 14 days To hear others have complaints about him all I can say is that he was fabulous and I suppose you cant please everyone.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Was there for an appointment after being told I had a brain tumour. I was scared and anxious ... Hoping to get some expert advice. He took an administrative phone call 10 seconds into sitting with him. Never loaded my scans into computer. Held the film up to the light of his ceiling whilst talking on the phone. Then proclaimed he didn't know what it (the tumour) was and that it was up to me if I wanted it out or not. Told it (the tumour) was deep and that the the brain matter above it would also need taking out to access it. Told it would all just be thrown in the bin! Told the worst thing was not being able to drive for 6-months afterwards! Left thinking how am I to make this decision. I'm no specialist! Confused and fearfu of losing half my brain, I sought a 2nd opinion. The 2nd specialist (Dr Bruce Hall) was so professional & knew what he was talking about. Was empathetic & explained options and treatment in detail. Would not recommend Bryant in a blue fit! Horrible experience. 1 star is too generous from my experience.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

I wouldn't recommend anyone else than Dr Michael Bryant. He is a surgeon who is focused only on his client and their best outcome. Brilliant surgeon, wicked sense of humour behind his stern façade (that is just for other time wasters ( eg oxygen thieves who are time wasters and get in his way for doing the best for his client eg. rehab. providers through work cover or comcare). Michael is a gem, and I would recommend this man for any neurosurgery work.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016