Ratings for Dr. Afsaneh Alavi

Year ago I was treated by Dr. Afsaneh Alavi for solar keratosis. Great physician. I am going back for treatment of another lesion unfortunately it is life fong commitment. Cover your head and always put sunscreen minimum 40 SPF Broad Spectrum.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

She didnt pay attention to me.She diddnt sit down to consult with me,she was walking around the room,so I felt like I intrupped her time and she did not have any interest in visiting me. After that without any explanation ,she came toward me with a syringe for injection. I have never seen this manners from a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Dr Alavi has been nothing but an hero to my daughter. After 25 different Drs and 3 surgeries, Dr Alavi had proper diagnostic of her condition and has supported her beyond standard call of duty to get her treated effectively. We’re blessed to have Dr Alavi!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

Staffs do not behave politely. I have seen that they behave unmannerly in the clinic with people.They are rude even on the phone. They are not patient with the patients at all , so I will not continue my following up in this clinic any more.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I had to wait a while, but I got in quick enough and she gave me the proper treatment for eczema which I've been having a problem with.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Helped me and was completely well informed and highly experienced, I had a few irrational worries about marks on my skin but she disregarded them and they really did go away. I had to come back to this page because some of these are ridiculous.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I was referrered to dr Alavi by my family doctor and I had a horrible experience. Her staff is kind and punctual but Dr Alavi herself is not helpful and the most uncaring doctor I have ever seen. I went to her for my acne and she kept whispering to her student (which I found rude because I was sitting right there) and the entire time it was her student diagnosing me. Why am I seeing your student when I waited 2 months for an appointment with the doctor herself? Anyways, she instantly prescribes accutane and birth control without explaining anything to me. She also avoided other issues with my skin that I had brought up and didn't care to look at them. She gave me antibiotics that have been making me horribly sick and I have stopped taking them. Overall horrible experience.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Very unprofessional , it took her less than 5 minutes to run out of exam room .she kept yawning as if her afternoon nap was interrupted while she was in !!!!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Staff at the office, (specifically Patrice) is apathetic enough to make sure that we NEVER return to this office. My husband was referred to this clinic in Jan 2016 for sun spots. During the initial appointment in 2016 Dr Alavi was wonderful, thorough and told us everything looked ok but told us to call for another appointment if anything changed at all. The spots had changed significantly in the past few weeks and at the advice at Dr Alavi we called the office to book an appointment. Patrice refused to book an appointment because his referral letter was 2 weeks past the one year mark. I have been to many wonderful specialist offices and some I have even called after two years of my initial referral and they have happily seen myself or a family member without question. She offered no empathy towards the situation, or even a solution; she just kept citing that you require a new referral letter after 1 year. So here we sit with a changing sunspot, and have to wait 2 weeks to see the regular GP, then we will be caught up in the referral process for a few more weeks. I’m sure if we wanted Botox or fillers the doctor could see us this week, but if you have a changing sunspot you have to wait. Where is the sense is this? Aren’t Doctors supposed to help people?

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

The worst experience with a specialist to date. She didn't even pay attention to the questions she asked herself! Like, "when did your symptoms start?". That question was repeated by her a total of three times. When it was asked the third time, I almost thought she was joking... but it's true folks. She didn't even care to listen to her patient, let alone treat them of their ailments. To top it off, she saw me nearly an hour after my scheduled appointment. What an upsetting experience; that has left me with a prescription (from her) with a great level of uncertainty around how well it could actually treat my ailments.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017