Ratings for Dr. Karim Ravji

Dr. Ravji is absolutely fantastic! He and his staff are professional and personable. Nothing is too much trouble and I always feel like I am the only patient he has to see all day!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

hello mmy name is raymond and i was refferred to dr ravji by my family doctor ahd on my verjy first appointment he agreed to do a heel spur surgery so he had me go through an ultrasound, x rays and coritzone injections and had told me for more than 2 jyears he was goingk to do the dugery and then he started to make excusses asto whjy he could not do the surgery i was too busy for my schedual for the summer make an appoinmnet for the fall and i did. just before a week bjkefore he wasto see me he had his receptioinist phone me and said oh the doctor is too busy to do your surgery so go back to the family doctor and start the referral process over again. i freaked ou for two and one hjalf years he was goinkgto do the s urgeery and now he is just too busy. i had 4 doctors here in edmonton sendingjj out referrals to anjyone in alberta to do the surgery and found one in calgary who did the surgery after 4 visis to calgarjy at a cost of $2,500 out of my pocket which i cold not afford. dr ravji is unethical and very unprofessiional when it comes to keepingjk his word to patients this delayj made it impossible to go back to work and then took me another 4 months before i went to work. i have no ukse for him and be very careful as to what he says hewill do for you and what he actuallyl will do for you as he is a liar and should not be trusted bjjy anjyonje.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Excellent experience with care and knowledge. I would recommend.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I waited 6 months to see him. They were very punctual and he told me what he thought. I have a corn on the bottom of my foot just behind my little toe and I have a bunion beside my big toe. He said I would have to have surgery on both my big toe and little toe to correct my bunion and corn. He said unless your toe starts going over the second toe don't worry about it. He said I cant get rid of the corn because of the little toe curving outwards etc. I wasn't happy that he said he didn't want to do any surgery unless I was ready to stay home for 6 to 8 wks. with no work or driving. I asked if he could take care of the corn and he said that it won't go away unless i have this surgery. I didnt mind his opinion but was not happy he wouldn't do anything for me. He said he would refer me to a Podiatrist and she would help lesson the pain of the corn with some sort of cream and shaving it. I was to hear from her within 30 days. He said if you dont hear from her call me. Wellll, I have called the office a week straight leaving only messages for them to call me back and not 1 call back. I feel frustrated as I have had this corn for over 10 yrs. going to dr. to dr. and with no avail.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Dr Ravji has been a godsend for me and Heather in his office has helped so much with the issues that arise from my insurance company. I still have ongoing problems with my feet but was aware of this as my surgery wouldn't be a complete fix. I see him regularly for my feet health as am diabetic. My spouse comes with me for all my appointments because he really likes Dr Ravji and he isn't a patient Thanks Dr. Ravji, Barb K

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Correction: Based on the reviews I have read of Dr. Ravji, this review will come as a surprise. I would definitely get second opinion with an orthopedic surgeon if your problem can potentially require surgery. I was misinformed about my issue (MRI and Xrays were not interpreted correctly)

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Based on the reviews I have read of Dr. Ravji, this review will come as a surprise. I would definitely get second opinion with an orthopedic surgeon if your problem can potentially require surgery. I was misinformed about my issue (MRI and Xrays were not interpreted incorrectly) and it ultimately redefined my life for a few years until I got a second opinion with an actual orthopedic surgeon. I think this podiatrist can excel at minor procedures but for anything major, complex, and/or surgery related PLEASE SEE AN ACTUAL ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON. Please be careful when getting information from Dr. Ravji and always do your homework and/or get a second opinion with an orthopedic surgeon if your issue requires surgery. I am glad I did because Dr. Ravji insisted on expensive injections and custom ankle braces while two orthopedic surgeons told me more appropriate recommendations to care for my ankles.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

My family physician referred me to Dr. Ravji. We had several visits in regards to my bunions. He carefully explained all the pro's and con's for surgery. I work in a job, where walking, standing on my feet is required for 8hours a day. He made sure that I was covered by insurance etc. before we booked the surgery, he insisted that my work was ok with me taking time off. He consulted with my husband and told him what to expect, something no other doctor had done before. Lamont hospital was amazing. And hey, no parking meters. Extra bonus. Dr. Ravji spoke to me before the surgery and after. And in the evening, he phoned at home to see how I was doing and where my pain level was. When it was time to remove the cast, he did it himself. Dr. Ravji is one of the few doctors that take the time to let you know what to expect. He never sugar coated anything for which I was grateful. I expected much worse and in the end, I was pleasantly surprised. I had no pain, recovered quickly but most of all, my foot looks amazing. I couldn't be happier. He also has a great sense of humor and the staff he works with is great. Ty to the staff in Lamont as well as in Edmonton. You guys excel at customer service. I am glad I waited for the right doctor. He truly is exceptional. Thank you Dr. Ravji.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr Ravji is amazing! I have had issues with my toe nails for many years and seen other drs who never really explained things, I seen Dr Ravji and he took the time to explain everything for me and went into detail and was amazing! He did a procedure on my big toe and he was great! He also noticed other issues I was having where other dr failed to notice! He again took the time to explain everything! His Nurses are awesome as well, they are great at explaining things and being there for you!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I met Dr Ravji through a referral thru my GP. I had been suffering for a long time with pain that I just figured I was gonna have to live with. He gave me options and let me make the decision that was best for me and my life style. He has been very frank and up front and went above and beyond to help me quickly. His bed side manor is exceptional and takes the time to explain things to you in terms that you can understand. He has established of a Foot & Ankle Clinic in Lamont which is where he also performs his surgeries. He is well worth the drive/commute to see him. I am still in recovery from my recent surgery but I can already see an improvement. I would recommend to anyone that has been suffering for a long time with pain to see him.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015