Dr. Karim Ravji

5 1 4.4

You may also like

Rate Dr. Karim Ravji

Dr. Karim Ravji's Ratings

I met Dr Ravji through a referral thru my GP. I had been suffering for a long time with pain that I just figured I was gonna have to live with. He gave me options and let me make the decision that was best for me and my life style. He has been very frank and up front and went above and beyond to help me quickly. His bed side manor is exceptional and takes the time to explain things to you in terms that you can understand. He has established of a Foot & Ankle Clinic in Lamont which is where he also performs his surgeries. He is well worth the drive/commute to see him. I am still in recovery from my recent surgery but I can already see an improvement. I would recommend to anyone that has been suffering for a long time with pain to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2909710].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2015

If I wasn't married already, I would marry Dr. Ravji. That's how much I like him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2898647].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2015

He is EXCELLENT! Went over and above to help me! And never gave up even though it took a while and a lot of tests to find out what was wrong with my feet. Would 100% recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2893684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2015

I saw this doctor at the hospital in the Emergency Department. The Emergency physician had paged him to quickly come see me for my diabetic foot infection as they thought I was going into septic shock. The nurses were giving me intravenous antibiotics and as I waited in the IV room, another patient could see drainage from my dressing and told me that I better see Dr. Ravji quick. The other fellow said he was the best around, graduated from the Limb Salvage Centre at Yale University and is known for trying to save feet from infection. Apparently this other guy had a similar issue and his foot was saved and he was getting antibiotics to suppress any remaining infection in his system. Suffice to say I met Dr. Ravji in the Emergency and he explained the condition to me (necrotic foot infection or something) and he urgently booked my surgery, planned my admission, spoke with the medicine doctor, spoke to the nurses, etc. He worked on my foot for ages and saved as much as he could. Today I can walk because of him. He got rid of the infection, took me back for a closure surgery, and allowed me to stay mobile. Just like the other writer on this site said, "Thanks Dr. Ravji"

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2603320].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2014

What kind of podiatrist orders orthodics without seeing xrays not once but twice. The second time was reordered by Rhumatologist as they were inadequate and the condition of my feet is much more than arthritis. He didn't even see the xrays prior to ordering . I can't walk or drive far because of severity and tried to make an appt and said my case is closed? What a quack...now am searching for the best surgeon around. The condition of my feet is not common so just admit my case is more complex and you can't fix and direct me to someone who can. Your compassion and kindness isn't going to make me walk...not surprised though...he works out of a medicentre.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590907].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

I waited over 1 year for a MRI on my foot, after the result Dr. Ravji told me there is nothing wrong with my foot and he couldn't help me. I still can't walk properly and I am in constant pain. I would not recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2575467].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Dr Ravji has been INCREDIBLE! This man has amazing patience, compassion and isn't quick to diagnose. I was sent for numerous tests and even a second opinion just so he was sure he was right. Soon I go for my surgery and he has prepared me for the next few months. He has also prepared my husband on what to expect. I wish he was a general practitioner. Lol. He has put my mind at ease and told me everything I should know. He has called me at home, to get an appt booked and a walking cast. Dr Ravji, I commend you and your professional ethics. Doctors should learn from you. Thank you for helping me. Mandy G.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2473049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

Very knowledgable and caring. Made me feel at ease for my hammertoe procedure. Called me at home nte after surgery to check on me and good follow up after that. Very satisfied with him and the surgery.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][142129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2014

My operation with Ravji was bumped up by 6 months and I was only given a weeks notice. Thinking I should only lose a week from work I wasnt worried and went for it, even though my gut reaction was to run. I wasnt informed the operation didnt go as expected and ended up losing a couple months of my life. I felt like I was just a number and not given the proper knowledge to heal properly. I was unlucky enough to get all rookie nurses at every medicenter he works through. The IV caused damage in my hand that took 5 weeks to heal and after the operation my stitches were removed too early and because of that I wasnt healing at the pace expected. Almost 6 months later and I am still recovering and the whole experience has really changed me as a person. I am not saying he isnt a good doctor but I personally had a bad experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][142128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2013

Doctor Ravji, completed a bunionectomy on my left foot at the Lamont Health Centre, the Doctor was amazing, caring and very helpful. His staff were also very helpful and made me very comfortable. Excellent pre-op and post op care. It's not often the Doctors call you personally and the staff to make sure you are feeling ok and there are no complications. Very impressed with his care and would recommend him to anyone...

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][142127].votes_count ]]