Ratings for Dr. Karim Ravji

Dr. Ravji saw me in Feburary of 2016 for recurring ingrown toenails. I previously had 10 surgeries over 9 years due to football. He was very forthcoming when I asked about surgery and he made the problem finally go away. He said I would have pain and a possible infection down the line as the surgery required him to go down to the bone on both great toes. As a result of the surgery I am still in pain but because of his experience and knowledge I was expecting this outcome. Recently I have acquired an infection that hasn't gone away so I am going back to see him because he is the bestime orthopedic surgeon available. I see some reviews from people in this list that say he's horrible don't listen to them because doctor Ravji tells you how it is and apparently these children don't know how to respond to upfront answers. If you want a no bull doctor he's the one to see because he will solve your problem if you actually act like a civil human being. He is also hard to get a hold of because he switches from Lamont hospital to serena orthopedics. Also anyone who spells like that has the mental capacity of a child in grade one. He's not a liar because he rates his patients in order as my case was a severe one I was seen within 2 weeks of my consult apparently raymond you need to change the way you interact with others because that could be the reason he doesn't see you.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

He is a great Doctor, being born with severe foot problems , he was able to help me after many doctors told me there was nothing , Ravji had other plans . My only complaint is that the guy who's supposed to do the injections into my feet works very little , they phone you with a 1-2 day notice that doesn't work for everyone and then they stopped calling all together. I may suggest he gets someone else who can be more accomidating to those who work .

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Dr. Ravji is absolutely fantastic! He and his staff are professional and personable. Nothing is too much trouble and I always feel like I am the only patient he has to see all day!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

hello mmy name is raymond and i was refferred to dr ravji by my family doctor ahd on my verjy first appointment he agreed to do a heel spur surgery so he had me go through an ultrasound, x rays and coritzone injections and had told me for more than 2 jyears he was goingk to do the dugery and then he started to make excusses asto whjy he could not do the surgery i was too busy for my schedual for the summer make an appoinmnet for the fall and i did. just before a week bjkefore he wasto see me he had his receptioinist phone me and said oh the doctor is too busy to do your surgery so go back to the family doctor and start the referral process over again. i freaked ou for two and one hjalf years he was goinkgto do the s urgeery and now he is just too busy. i had 4 doctors here in edmonton sendingjj out referrals to anjyone in alberta to do the surgery and found one in calgary who did the surgery after 4 visis to calgarjy at a cost of $2,500 out of my pocket which i cold not afford. dr ravji is unethical and very unprofessiional when it comes to keepingjk his word to patients this delayj made it impossible to go back to work and then took me another 4 months before i went to work. i have no ukse for him and be very careful as to what he says hewill do for you and what he actuallyl will do for you as he is a liar and should not be trusted bjjy anjyonje.

Submitted August 17, 2016

Excellent experience with care and knowledge. I would recommend.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I waited 6 months to see him. They were very punctual and he told me what he thought. I have a corn on the bottom of my foot just behind my little toe and I have a bunion beside my big toe. He said I would have to have surgery on both my big toe and little toe to correct my bunion and corn. He said unless your toe starts going over the second toe don't worry about it. He said I cant get rid of the corn because of the little toe curving outwards etc. I wasn't happy that he said he didn't want to do any surgery unless I was ready to stay home for 6 to 8 wks. with no work or driving. I asked if he could take care of the corn and he said that it won't go away unless i have this surgery. I didnt mind his opinion but was not happy he wouldn't do anything for me. He said he would refer me to a Podiatrist and she would help lesson the pain of the corn with some sort of cream and shaving it. I was to hear from her within 30 days. He said if you dont hear from her call me. Wellll, I have called the office a week straight leaving only messages for them to call me back and not 1 call back. I feel frustrated as I have had this corn for over 10 yrs. going to dr. to dr. and with no avail.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Dr Ravji has been a godsend for me and Heather in his office has helped so much with the issues that arise from my insurance company. I still have ongoing problems with my feet but was aware of this as my surgery wouldn't be a complete fix. I see him regularly for my feet health as am diabetic. My spouse comes with me for all my appointments because he really likes Dr Ravji and he isn't a patient Thanks Dr. Ravji, Barb K

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Correction: Based on the reviews I have read of Dr. Ravji, this review will come as a surprise. I would definitely get second opinion with an orthopedic surgeon if your problem can potentially require surgery. I was misinformed about my issue (MRI and Xrays were not interpreted correctly)

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Based on the reviews I have read of Dr. Ravji, this review will come as a surprise. I would definitely get second opinion with an orthopedic surgeon if your problem can potentially require surgery. I was misinformed about my issue (MRI and Xrays were not interpreted incorrectly) and it ultimately redefined my life for a few years until I got a second opinion with an actual orthopedic surgeon. I think this podiatrist can excel at minor procedures but for anything major, complex, and/or surgery related PLEASE SEE AN ACTUAL ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON. Please be careful when getting information from Dr. Ravji and always do your homework and/or get a second opinion with an orthopedic surgeon if your issue requires surgery. I am glad I did because Dr. Ravji insisted on expensive injections and custom ankle braces while two orthopedic surgeons told me more appropriate recommendations to care for my ankles.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

My family physician referred me to Dr. Ravji. We had several visits in regards to my bunions. He carefully explained all the pro's and con's for surgery. I work in a job, where walking, standing on my feet is required for 8hours a day. He made sure that I was covered by insurance etc. before we booked the surgery, he insisted that my work was ok with me taking time off. He consulted with my husband and told him what to expect, something no other doctor had done before. Lamont hospital was amazing. And hey, no parking meters. Extra bonus. Dr. Ravji spoke to me before the surgery and after. And in the evening, he phoned at home to see how I was doing and where my pain level was. When it was time to remove the cast, he did it himself. Dr. Ravji is one of the few doctors that take the time to let you know what to expect. He never sugar coated anything for which I was grateful. I expected much worse and in the end, I was pleasantly surprised. I had no pain, recovered quickly but most of all, my foot looks amazing. I couldn't be happier. He also has a great sense of humor and the staff he works with is great. Ty to the staff in Lamont as well as in Edmonton. You guys excel at customer service. I am glad I waited for the right doctor. He truly is exceptional. Thank you Dr. Ravji.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016