You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Karim Ravji

Dr Ravji has been a godsend for me and Heather in his office has helped so much with the issues that arise from my insurance company. I still have ongoing problems with my feet but was aware of this as my surgery wouldn't be a complete fix. I see him regularly for my feet health as am diabetic. My spouse comes with me for all my appointments because he really likes Dr Ravji and he isn't a patient Thanks Dr. Ravji, Barb K

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Correction: Based on the reviews I have read of Dr. Ravji, this review will come as a surprise. I would definitely get second opinion with an orthopedic surgeon if your problem can potentially require surgery. I was misinformed about my issue (MRI and Xrays were not interpreted correctly)

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Based on the reviews I have read of Dr. Ravji, this review will come as a surprise. I would definitely get second opinion with an orthopedic surgeon if your problem can potentially require surgery. I was misinformed about my issue (MRI and Xrays were not interpreted incorrectly) and it ultimately redefined my life for a few years until I got a second opinion with an actual orthopedic surgeon. I think this podiatrist can excel at minor procedures but for anything major, complex, and/or surgery related PLEASE SEE AN ACTUAL ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON. Please be careful when getting information from Dr. Ravji and always do your homework and/or get a second opinion with an orthopedic surgeon if your issue requires surgery. I am glad I did because Dr. Ravji insisted on expensive injections and custom ankle braces while two orthopedic surgeons told me more appropriate recommendations to care for my ankles.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

My family physician referred me to Dr. Ravji. We had several visits in regards to my bunions. He carefully explained all the pro's and con's for surgery. I work in a job, where walking, standing on my feet is required for 8hours a day. He made sure that I was covered by insurance etc. before we booked the surgery, he insisted that my work was ok with me taking time off. He consulted with my husband and told him what to expect, something no other doctor had done before. Lamont hospital was amazing. And hey, no parking meters. Extra bonus. Dr. Ravji spoke to me before the surgery and after. And in the evening, he phoned at home to see how I was doing and where my pain level was. When it was time to remove the cast, he did it himself. Dr. Ravji is one of the few doctors that take the time to let you know what to expect. He never sugar coated anything for which I was grateful. I expected much worse and in the end, I was pleasantly surprised. I had no pain, recovered quickly but most of all, my foot looks amazing. I couldn't be happier. He also has a great sense of humor and the staff he works with is great. Ty to the staff in Lamont as well as in Edmonton. You guys excel at customer service. I am glad I waited for the right doctor. He truly is exceptional. Thank you Dr. Ravji.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr Ravji is amazing! I have had issues with my toe nails for many years and seen other drs who never really explained things, I seen Dr Ravji and he took the time to explain everything for me and went into detail and was amazing! He did a procedure on my big toe and he was great! He also noticed other issues I was having where other dr failed to notice! He again took the time to explain everything! His Nurses are awesome as well, they are great at explaining things and being there for you!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I met Dr Ravji through a referral thru my GP. I had been suffering for a long time with pain that I just figured I was gonna have to live with. He gave me options and let me make the decision that was best for me and my life style. He has been very frank and up front and went above and beyond to help me quickly. His bed side manor is exceptional and takes the time to explain things to you in terms that you can understand. He has established of a Foot & Ankle Clinic in Lamont which is where he also performs his surgeries. He is well worth the drive/commute to see him. I am still in recovery from my recent surgery but I can already see an improvement. I would recommend to anyone that has been suffering for a long time with pain to see him.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

He is EXCELLENT! Went over and above to help me! And never gave up even though it took a while and a lot of tests to find out what was wrong with my feet. Would 100% recommend him!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

I saw this doctor at the hospital in the Emergency Department. The Emergency physician had paged him to quickly come see me for my diabetic foot infection as they thought I was going into septic shock. The nurses were giving me intravenous antibiotics and as I waited in the IV room, another patient could see drainage from my dressing and told me that I better see Dr. Ravji quick. The other fellow said he was the best around, graduated from the Limb Salvage Centre at Yale University and is known for trying to save feet from infection. Apparently this other guy had a similar issue and his foot was saved and he was getting antibiotics to suppress any remaining infection in his system. Suffice to say I met Dr. Ravji in the Emergency and he explained the condition to me (necrotic foot infection or something) and he urgently booked my surgery, planned my admission, spoke with the medicine doctor, spoke to the nurses, etc. He worked on my foot for ages and saved as much as he could. Today I can walk because of him. He got rid of the infection, took me back for a closure surgery, and allowed me to stay mobile. Just like the other writer on this site said, "Thanks Dr. Ravji"

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

What kind of podiatrist orders orthodics without seeing xrays not once but twice. The second time was reordered by Rhumatologist as they were inadequate and the condition of my feet is much more than arthritis. He didn't even see the xrays prior to ordering . I can't walk or drive far because of severity and tried to make an appt and said my case is closed? What a quack...now am searching for the best surgeon around. The condition of my feet is not common so just admit my case is more complex and you can't fix and direct me to someone who can. Your compassion and kindness isn't going to make me walk...not surprised though...he works out of a medicentre.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr. Karim Ravji's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Ravji has been a godsend for me and Heather in his office has helped so much with the issues that arise from my insurance company. I still have ongoing prob..."

May 20, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Correction: Based on the reviews I have read of Dr. Ravji, this review will come as a surprise. I would definitely get second opinion with an orthopedic surgeon..."

March 24, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Based on the reviews I have read of Dr. Ravji, this review will come as a surprise. I would definitely get second opinion with an orthopedic surgeon if your pro..."

March 23, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My family physician referred me to Dr. Ravji. We had several visits in regards to my bunions. He carefully explained all the pro's and con's for surgery. I work..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Ravji is amazing! I have had issues with my toe nails for many years and seen other drs who never really explained things, I seen Dr Ravji and he took the ti..."

November 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I met Dr Ravji through a referral thru my GP. I had been suffering for a long time with pain that I just figured I was gonna have to live with. He gave me opt..."

August 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If I wasn't married already, I would marry Dr. Ravji. That's how much I like him!"

August 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is EXCELLENT! Went over and above to help me! And never gave up even though it took a while and a lot of tests to find out what was wrong with my feet. Would..."

August 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw this doctor at the hospital in the Emergency Department. The Emergency physician had paged him to quickly come see me for my diabetic foot infection as t..."

November 2, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "What kind of podiatrist orders orthodics without seeing xrays not once but twice. The second time was reordered by Rhumatologist as they were inadequate and th..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I waited over 1 year for a MRI on my foot, after the result Dr. Ravji told me there is nothing wrong with my foot and he couldn't help me. I still can't walk p..."

October 13, 2014