Ratings for Dr. Shane Mamer

One June day two years ago, I appeared at the West End Dental office on a Sunday in dire straights with an unbelievably painful toothache. Despite not having an appt, Dr. Shane Mamer happened to be at the front desk and witnessed my distress, offered to take me in right away. I've never experienced such relief with a quick and painless root canal, seriously, a root canal done in twenty mins. Since then I've had several issues with my teeth and only trust the experience, the no nonsense yet graceful friendly and gentle approach of Dr Mamer. I've never experienced a more competent, skillful, informative, helpful dentist in my life. I appreciate and am grateful to have found such a dentist in my time of immense dental needs...I actually feel great joy and relief after any required procedure.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

Dr mamer is excellent at his job, he's is so kind and thoughtful. When I first me Dr mamer, things in my life were less than ideal. He listened and cared about what I had been going through. I cannot say enough positive things about this great man! Ck

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Dr Mamer was the worst doctor i ever met. I gone with pain and spend around $3000 and still hurts. He has no idea what's going on and completely clueless. Finally i was referred to a specialist and done with Dr Mamer. I visited his clinic probably 10 times and every time they charged me for evey little problem after his fixings. Terrible experience. Never again- regards George

Submitted November 27, 2013

Long story short... I am a complete and utter scardey cat of dentists... it is so bad. once I left an office frozen and bib still on. Anyway, it took a lot for me to finaly see a dentist, infact I only see one when I am in critcal pain. (absess, etc) My daughter told me to try and see Dr. Mamer and after speaking to his office and be reasured that he is a gentle Dentist agreed to see him. I can promise you that not only was he Gentle and very non pressure to get the job done, left all decissions up to me in the chair. He and his assistant were very professional, gentle and he completed an extraction and major filling with very liffle discomfort.. Dr. Mamer is a wonderful dentist as far as I am concerned. I have no problem recomending this dentist to even my grandchildren.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013

I was extremely impressed by Dr. Mamer. He was very knowledgeable and explained all my options. I was one of those people who was embarassed and scared to go see a dentist; Dr Mamer made me feel very comfortable, got me out of pain, and gave me back my smile and confidence. thankyou !! highly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

Despite my weird gagging problem, both Dr. Shane and his assistant were extremely patient, nice and professional. I'm afraid of dental work, but I'll definitely be back to him for more work. Also very very satisfied with Westend dental for being open on weekends and specially on the long weekend I went, cuz for people like me who live in remote areas, its a blessing. Dr. Shane was very nice, conversed well and most importantly he fixed my tooth well.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

I saw many doctors before finding him, and I am glad I found him. He was educational, and listened to theories I had. He didn't criticize me for smoke but instead let me know of the dangers. He was respectful. Definitely would suggest.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2012

Just moved to the city and really lucked out finding Dr. Mamer. He's really great dentist and takes time to explain everything and makes sure you're ok.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012

Excellent with kids!! I would highly reccomend Dr.Mamer - a very good dentist!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

I wasn't happy with my previous dentist so thought I would try out Dr. Mamer as he was close by at Westend Dental. I was very impressed him on my first check up. The true test was to come a yesterday when I went in for a root canal. His staff were awesome, very warm & welcoming & Dr. Mamer was even more so. He made sure that I was very comfortable throughout the whole procedure & explained to me what would be needed for aftercare & pain management. The great thing is I didn't have any pain the next day at all. I am able to chew on that side of my mouth already. I took my 2 daughters to see him for the first time today & they both thought he was great & he even asked how my mouth was. He is a family man, as I saw his children the day of my appointment. It was very refreshing to see that in this day & age where money is a huge factor, there are doctors out there who put emphasis on family, as well as making his patients feel at home.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011