Ratings for Dr. Erik E. Alexander

Dr. Alexander has been my doctor for over 7 years. Early on I had a kidney stone, went to ER, he was in. Y hospital room by noon. Fantastic aftercare....HOWEVER, the practice has since merged & merged. I had another kidney stone three weeks ago, went to ER, they won't admit you for kidney stones. I was told to go home & call my Urologist. I called Dr. Alexander, I did not pass the kidney stone on my own & desperately needed to see him. Their front office people are absolutely the VERY WORST in the valley!! I was told he could see in about 3 1/2 months!!! I told the young twit, I need him to call me. NO ONE EVER CALLED ME! Had to go back to ER, they called Dr. Alexander, so the ER doctor got me admitted. Several hours later a strange doctor shows up in my room telling me - surgery planned for next day!!! Who are you?? Where is Dr. Alexander? He was across the street at his office!!! OMG! Thank God I passed the stone. Dr. Alexander NEVER CALLED ME! The Practice makes a patient feel like they are on a conveyor belt.. I changed doctors within the practice... that took about 3 weeks, both doctors. Just be informed & agree to the change. There is another chapter here..... when I finally saw the new Dr. I found out, to my surprise, I had a kidney stone in the other kidney! There will be more to this story.... we'll see just how it all plays out.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Great Dr. very kind, helpful, compassionate and great back office staff!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

DR Alexander is 5* I have been his patient for over 15++ years. Always knowledge, excellent interpersonal action. I could not have found a better doctor. I referred a young man to him with kidney cancer and DR cured him. Don't believe the false reviews below. Always remember some people are never happy with anything, they are captain complainers.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Dr Alexander and his staff is outstanding. They have had my business for 20+ years. He and is assistant are my go to drs.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Saw Dr. Alexander after my original Dr. retired. I had a severe incontinence problem and went through a series of scopes and two surgeries. After several visits, mostly with aides he wanted me to do self catheterizations to keep the flow moving. He said to keep doing this daily which I have done now for over a year. I have heard nothing from him for 13 month's, no follow-up or any other appointment, I was left on my own. Catheters can cause an infection and a follow-up appointment is certainly something that should have taken place but I guess he forgot all about me. Now my supply of catheters has stopped because he did not renew the prescription. It is time to see a concerning urologist.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Terrible bedside manner and explaining. Was very disappointed in him. Excellent surgeon but to me bedside manner so important. Changed doctors

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

I consulted this Dr. due to incontinence after prostate surgery. After testing, which itself was an ordeal, he informed me that there was no surgical option which would eliminate my problem. Instead, he prescribed a medication which did absolutely nothing for me. He then prescribed a second medication which had the side effect of short term memory loss. I did not take it and sought out another Urologist who recommended a surgical option which solved my dilemma

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

I called the Ironwood square office today to ask what the office visit fee was for a self-pay, new patient. She said "between $200 and $400". I said I just want to know the office visit portion of a self-pay, new patient exam, which would exclude any additional tests, etc. She then repeated "between $200 and $400". I then explained I didn't want the dollar range, I wanted to know the exact amount of a self-pay, new patient exam. I asked her what the range was based on so I could determine what I would pay. She refused to tell me. She just replied "because that is how it is set up - between $200 and $400". The tone of voice she was using was as if we were old enemies. She sounded extremely bothered and upset by my simple, reasonable question. I can't speak about the doctors here... I never made it that far. But I have to believe they are losing potential customers everyday if this type of behavior is the norm.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

I spent most of my time with low level female medical assistants. No nurses here. Okay if you are female, could be uncomfortable if you are male. Doctor was very rushed.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2011

My dad had prostate removed by Dr. Alexander and I was having prostate issues. Dad recommended Dr. Alexander to me, and I have been nothing but good things to say about Dr. Alexander and his staff. Very professional and personable.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Dr. Erik E. Alexander's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1993)