Ratings for Dr. Sandeep K. Thakkar

I have had a much different experience than the prior reviewer. I was referred to DR Thakkar by one of his peers, a fellow neurologist. He is constantly searching, as am I, for solutions to improve my quality of life in my battle with Parkinson's disease. I have been to MANY neurologists and movement disorder specialists, and I have to say that he has listened to my concerns better than most. By the way, on punctuality, I was late to my first appointment and was met with graciousness and understanding. I highly recommend this Dr.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Dr. Thakkar treated my dad for nearly a year for Parkinson's. Turns out he doesn't have Parkinson's!! He has PSP. We left Dr Thakkar, because I pleaded with him to replace one of my dad's medications because my dad was having a bad reaction to it. Instead of changing the medication he doubled it. My dad had to be taken by ambulance to the ER the next morning. Dr Thakkar is a young doctor recently brought into the medical group by Dr Chance who has many years of experience with Parkinson's. I asked him to consult with Dr Chance on my father's case and his staff flatly refused. Wouldn't even let me speak with Dr. Chance. Don't let the fancy office and expensive furniture fool you, this doctor hasn't got a clue.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014