Ratings for Dr. Athanasios Tournas

This guy is a total jerk! Arrogant and closed minded and breaks hipaa rules. RUN!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I recently had an experience that did not set right with me. I was given a scheduled appointment for surgery that someone else had cancelled . I was given paperwork with instructions to preregister for bloodwork and surgery, and a bottle of antibacterial soap to shower with prior to surgery. The following day (Nov. 11th) when I called to preregister they had no information. I then called the Dr's. office to find out the problem and was told the appointment was given back to the person who had cancelled without any notification from the office. I was told I could be given an appointment for surgery on Nov. 23rd. I felt this was unethical the way this situation was handled. That evening I left a recorded phone message asking not to call my insurance and to cancel surgery for Nov. 23rd. The next day I received a phone call from the hospital asking me why I was scheduled for surgery on the 16th and 23rd of Nov. I explained it was the fault of the Dr. and his staff. Nov. 12th I called the Dr. office to confirm my 23rd surgery cancellatioin and it was confirmed. Therefore I am having no surgery and no more contact with this office. All that and no apology!!!!

Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr. Tournes found cancer in my thyroid and operated on me to take it out. I'm cancer-free. I'm still anxious about it coming back but he's still following me. He's a nice man and a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

CVPH sets the bar so low that you may think you are dealing with a good Dr. He may be a good surgeon, but God forbid, don't question this Dr. He becomes rude and arrogant. Not a shock though. That's all CVPH can attract is young, poor bed side manner MD ' S from Canada.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

My pediatrician referred my son to dr tournas because he snored and had big tonsils in his throat. We didn't have to wait long for an apointment. He was friendly with my son and took his time to explain the surgery. Everything went well and now he doesn't snore any more.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

I saw the dr. after I got in a car accident. My jaw was broken in two places and my upper jaw was also in pieces. My surgery was many hours and the doc did a great job. My face is as if I was never operated.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013