Ratings for Dr. Sree Harsha Malempati

I saw Dr. Malempati for the first time today. I gave him 5 across the board. Firstly, he offered his hand when he introduced himself. Good sign, because many doctors do not, for fear of contaminating themselves with whatever disease you brought with you. He was friendly, easy to talk with, and gave very understandable explanations. Surprised at the very negative reviews, but I guess both doctors and patients have their bad days.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

-Mrs.Leena Patel in Markham, ON | Jun 07, 2016 Great surgeon well mannered, highly knowledgable surgeon,very kind and supportive. Always giving a opportunity to ask questions to him Today I am back on my feet is just because of him otherwise I lost hope year ago. He operated to me to correct my lumbar scoliosis,replaced damaged disc L3-L5 and spinal stenosis. All three issues he tackled with one surgery. I highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

Amazing spine surgeon. I was unable to walk for two months because of a herniated disc. Dr. Malempati diagnosed the problem right away and did surgery two weeks later. My pain was gone immediately after the surgery. I would highly recommend him to anyone with back problems.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

This doctor works in Richmond Hill Ontario Canada as orthopaedic surgeon in Mackenzie Health Hospital Richmond Hill. I would recommend you see another surgeon . My grandfather had a hip broken and he was the doctor that was on call that day. He didn't discuss anything with my family. He said he broke his hip and needs a hip replacement. He did not discuss options or how serious this operation was. He, just like the other review said here, didn't come to see my grandfather after the operation either. Also, my grandfather cannot walk anymore and is in tremendous pain. He's not a good doctor. Be aware.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

He now works out of Mackenzie Richmond Hill Health Hospital (formerly York Central Hospital). My father had a hip fracture and Malempati was the doctor on call. He didn't explain anything to us. He didn't tell us where the bone broke, he didn't tell us what options we had. NOTHING! He just said, he's going to have a hip replacement tomorrow. After the surgery, he didn't even have the decency to come and see him at all! Not only that, he didn't do any measurements of the legs and left the operated leg TWO inches shorter than the other leg! I took my fathers xrays (pre surgery and post surgery) to two other orthopaedic surgeons for a second and third opinion and they both said that he didn't do a good job . It has been two years now, and my father is still in pain and can't walk as a result of this pain. He needs to find another job and stop calling himself a surgeon because he's nothing but a butcher.

Submitted November 1, 2016

Excellent surgeon. Very thorough and spends a lot of time explaining the surgery. Surgery went great, exactly as he predicted.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015