Ratings for Dr. Kathryn A. Karges

Dr. Karges is brilliant, warm, proactive and empathetic. She is an extremely skilled surgeon and an incredible listener. I have recommended her to countless friends and trust her without hesitation. I simply can't say enough wonderful things about her.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Dr, Karges allows her faith to intervene too much into what genetic tests she will and will not allow. My wife and I asked for a test to determine if certain genetic conditions i.e. downs syndrome, cystic fibrosis existed with our pregnancy. Dr Karges stated she does not perform these tests due to the possibility of the information being used to potentially terminate a pregnancy. Beside all of the crosses hanging in each examination room, we thanked her for her time and moved on to a more realistic Dr.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

I can't say enough about how phenomenal this doctor is. She is professional and deeply cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Amazing. Dr. Karges is caring. She spends good amounts of time with her patients. Everyone in the office is great. It's like being a part of a big family. Dr. Karges is incredibly knowledgable and takes time to educate her patients so that they are empowered members of the healthcare team. I haven't found another doctor like her. Amazing.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

I had a still birth at 31 weeks when I lived in Dallas. I started seeing Dr. Karges when I moved to Houston (and even saw Dr. Jemelka, her partner, a couple times), and I just had my second baby. Dr. Karges took such amazing care of my family and me and gave us so much peace of mind. Both doctors, the nurses, and everyone in the office is so considerate and helpful. The nurses quickly returned my many calls when I had questions, and both doctors were always willing to see me asap whenever I was worried about complications. The office is also very clean and comfortable.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Amazing doctor. It is so nice to have a Catholic doctor who I can trust completely and know that she is protecting my health and fertility in a way that is in line with Catholic morality. For my particular issue, any other doctor would have simply thrown synthetic birth control at me as a "quick fix". Instead, Dr Karges worked to repair the root cause of my issue. By monitoring and regulating my progesterone levels in a natural way, I was able to have a healthy and happy baby without compromising my Catholic faith. To the person complaining about Dr Karges' position against IVF and her religious views: there are signs posted ALL over the office that say "This office does not support IVF". So if you are there for IVF support, it should be pretty clear from the moment you walk in the door that you are in the wrong place if you are wanting IVF. Other clues that Dr Karges has a religious affiliation: 1) Her office is located in St Joseph's Hospital; 2) Her practice is called Caritas, which a quick google search will tell you is Latin for charity, one of the three theological virtues; 3) Once you arrive, there are crosses and beautiful prints of Mary and the baby Jesus on the walls. At the check out, there is a statue of the pregnant Mother Mary. Not to mention the aforementioned sign that clearly states that she does not support or provide IVF or birth control. For me, knowing that IVF and birth control are off the table with her has been immensely comforting. I know that I can trust her, and that she isn't going to recommend anything that will put my morality in jeopardy. Having a doctor who I can trust so wholly and completely with my health and fertility has been amazing. I highly, highly recommend Dr Karges and her whole staff.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

A great pro-life doctor who is very helpful and kind.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Wonderful physician and practice! Cannot recommend her enough! She truly cares for her patients and is a very knowledgeable doctor/surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

Fantastic physcian who takes her time to listen to my concerns. She is extremely thorough and has a wonderful bedside manner. Recommend 150%!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Great doctor and great office - I highly recommend them!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Dr. Kathryn A. Karges's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 2007)

Scott & White