Dr. Mohamed Samy Elhammady's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Elhammady is a board certified neurosurgeon. He received his medical degree from the University of Mansoura in Egypt and subsequently completed his neurosurgical residency at the University of Miami, Florida. He then obtained specialized training and completed three fellowships including both neuroendovascular surgery and open cerebrovascular/skull base surgery at the University of Miami as well as minimally invasive/endoscopic surgery for brain and spine tumors at the Center for Minimally invasive Neurosurgery in Sydney, Australia. Dr. Elhammady is currently an assistant professor at the University of Miami. He is co-founder of the University of Miami Cerebrovascular research Initiation (UMCVI) and has authored more than 80 peer-reviewed scientific articles, book chapters, and reviews. Dr. Elhammady specializes in the treatment of all aspects of neurovascular disease and complex brain tumors.
Areas of Expertise
Awards & Recognitions
Publications & Research
- Leiomyosarcoma metastases to the spine. Case series and review of the literature.
- Endoscopic fenestration of middle fossa arachnoid cysts: a technical description and case series.
- Persistent primitive hypoglossal artery with retrograde flow from the vertebrobasilar system: a case report.
- Ventriculoatrial shunt catheter displacement in a child with partial anomalous pulmonary venous return: case report.
- Eagle syndrome as a cause of transient ischemic attacks.
- Safety and efficacy of vascular tumor embolization using Onyx: is angiographic devascularization sufficient?
- Minimally invasive anterolateral approaches for the treatment of back pain and adult degenerative deformity.
- Direct percutaneous embolization of a carotid body tumor with Onyx.
- Early elective surgical exploration of spontaneous intracerebral hematomas of unknown origin.
- Isolated unilateral hypoglossal nerve palsy secondary to an atlantooccipital joint juxtafacet synovial cyst.
- Onyx embolization of carotid-cavernous fistulas.
- Intraaneurysmal balloon assistance for navigation across a wide-necked aneurysm.
- Transarterial embolization of a scalp hemangioma presenting with Kasabach-Merritt syndrome.
- Balloon-assisted clipping of a large paraclinoidal aneurysm: a salvage procedure.
- Onyx embolization of a carotid cavernous fistula via direct transorbital puncture.
- N-Butyl-2-cyanoacrylate use in intraoperative ruptured aneurysms as a salvage rescue: case report.
- Carotid artery sacrifice for unclippable and uncoilable aneurysms: endovascular occlusion vs common carotid artery ligation.
- Cervical subarachnoid catheter placement for continuous cerebrospinal fluid drainage: a safe and efficacious alternative to the classic lumbar cistern drain.
- Selective ophthalmic artery infusion of chemotherapy for advanced intraocular retinoblastoma: initial experience with 17 tumors.
- Outcomes in pediatric patients with Chiari malformation Type I followed up without surgery.
- Onyx and arteriovenous malformations.
- Basilar occlusion.
Insurance accepted by this Doctor
- BCBS Florida