Dr. Mohamed Samy Elhammady

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Mohamed Samy Elhammady

We as a family are very grateful to Dr. Elhemmady for his determination, skills and knowledge. You will save too many lives in your career.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Saved my mothers life! Forever grateful, God bless him.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

#1 in the world. His humanity defines it in everytging. Best of the best God Bless him

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

My 80 y/o dad went to the ER (1/2017) a month prior to moving to Fl. for what he thought to be kidney issues, an MRI showed L1-L2 were in need of an open laminectomy and discetomy immediately, he declined as he was moving and would do it in Fl. Two weeks post ER and 2 weeks prior to the move, he lost the ability to stand or walk. I began an intense search for a neurosurgeon to help my dad to walk again, the work paid off, I found Dr. Elhammady. Upon our first appt. on a Tuesday Dr E made an impression. Beginning with the suit he was wearing (he said NOT his usual attire), to the amount of time (over 40 minutes, in addition to the over 45 his PA had spent) assessing, examining & listening to dad…he showed the type of person he is….he assisted dad not only onto the commode, but off as well (in a suit!) Next he pushed dad in his wheelchair to his scheduling department where he informed his staff to make an opening for dads surgery on Thur (as he was leaving the country for a week long meeting Fri). Pre-op was then scheduled for the next day! Dr E then took me aside and gave me all of his contact info & told me to call w/any q’s or concerns. I knew upon leaving we had found the right surgeon! Dr E came to the waiting room post op to let us know surgery was a success & spent time with us, explained things in terms we could understand and made us feel as though dad was his only patient, & that he really cared. The time since the surgery, to the post-op appt (when dad proudly walked into his office with only a cane to assist), he has continued to be available, compassionate, resourceful and as if we were his only patient! Our only regret? That Dr E cannot be our family physician, he’s one of a kind!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

My wife had a raptured aneurysm in Nov. 2014. We went to an Er and they told us they can handle this kind of surgery. My wife was transported to Jackson Memorial. Couple of hours later Dr Elhammady did this lifesaving surgery. Everybody told me that the situation is extremely dangerous but that she is in best hands with Dr. ELHAMMADY and they was right. After 11 days at the ICU my wife walked out with no damage. A great Surgeon and a great down to earth person. I will be always thankful to him.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

He provided a valuation and treatment of my 85-year-old mother. He is absolutely wonderful

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Dr.elhammady superb in his field.He is the first neuro dr. I have met who was down to earth,very concerned that you the patient understands the complexity of the spine.HE very graphic in explanations of the spine and your conditions.Very meticulous and thorough.HE doesn't rush you he takes time in reassuring of condition.Love his approach would highly recommend this Physician.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Had excellent result from my back surgery. L5-S1 herniated disc. Could not be more pleased.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

I was having pain from my back down my rt leg. My foot would fall asleep too. I went to four surgeons before Dr. Elhammady. His staff was friendly and He spent over 30 minutes patiently explaining in detail what was causing me the pain and options to alleviate it. My wife and I were very happy with the time he spent with us. The surgery went great. My recovery was much faster than I expected and the pain was minimal. I will always be thankful to Dr. Elhammady and his excellent care.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Dr. Elhammady is amazing. I'm glad he did my surgery. My surgery went better then expected. I felt very comfortable in his care.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Dr. Mohamed Samy Elhammady's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Elhammady is a board certified neurosurgeon. He received his medical degree from the University of Mansoura in Egypt and subsequently completed his neurosurgical residency at the University of Miami, Florida. He then obtained specialized training and completed three fellowships including both neuroendovascular surgery and open cerebrovascular/skull base surgery at the University of Miami as well as minimally invasive/endoscopic surgery for brain and spine tumors at the Center for Minimally invasive Neurosurgery in Sydney, Australia. Dr. Elhammady is currently an assistant professor at the University of Miami. He is co-founder of the University of Miami Cerebrovascular research Initiation (UMCVI) and has authored more than 80 peer-reviewed scientific articles, book chapters, and reviews. Dr. Elhammady specializes in the treatment of all aspects of neurovascular disease and complex brain tumors.

• Arabic