Ratings for Dr. Lorraine E. Gillian

I had been a patient of Dr.Gillian'S for some years. I had several experiences that were not professional or courtesy to me. Her staff is atrocious and her beside manner is terrible, not really making you feel comfortable and a very condescending tone when answering questions. The worst issue to date is that even with the amount of time I had been a patient and my insurance hadn't changed while I was a patient. My last lab work was not covered by my insurance due to the office submitting my insurance info to the lab company incorrectly. Now I am either stuck paying an enormous bill or run around like a chicken with my head cut off to get it fixed. I will never return to her office and will never refer anyone to her office again.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

Dr Gillian has delivered both of my children and 4 of my sister's kids. She is straightforward and tells it like it is. I appreciate that! She has been practicing for years and it's evident. I felt very safe in her care and there are 6 healthy babies in my family that prove she knows prenatal care.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

Very good doctor with personal and professional service. However, the support staff makes it difficult to reach her, responds very slowly and unprofessionally. My name was misspelled and I was told that I misspelled it (after 56 years of spelling correctly) She would get higher ratings if she improved the quality of support in her practice. I have made that suggestion personally.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Dr. Gilliam is one of the 5 doctors on rotation at the Washington Women's Wellness Center. My wife has been mocked by Dr. Gilliam and spoken in demeaning tones of condescension. Her bedside manner is atrocious. We cannot speak to her medical knowledge, but she has been unwilling to answer questions and instead suggested we read babycenter.com or “What to Expect when you are expecting”. She may me accustomed to dealing with families of meager incomes and education so belittling defenseless individuals may be normal behavior, but my wife and I are not in that category and will not stand idly by and allow her to continue her assault on patience in their most sensitive of times.

Submitted October 15, 2012

I went because I was having problem with my vi...Dr Fairbank was very knowledgeable I think? The reason it's been more three weeks and I have not heard anything regarding my test results. I had to call the other office to find out about my prescription that was supposed to have been called in the day I left. I wait a week before going to learn it had not been called in. When I called the DC office the young lady was very kind and had the nurse called the prescription in the next. As of this date I still have not heard anything. I called today and the phone just rang.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

We tried to get an appointment at the DC Office and her filthy disgusting ghetto nasty stank ****es of schedulers are very rude and do not have any f-ing manners! This is a reflection on her if these are the type of people she hires. Lanette can kiss mine and everybody in my family's asses!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

I was sent a report of my lab work with out any explanation of the numbers or stats. this was disturbing because I don't know how to interpret the numbers and therefore don't know if anything is wrong or if all is well.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

Dr. Rude is what I call her! Not only was she MIA when I was delivering, but I heard this is what she's known for. She was arguing in the hospital with my husband because she was nowhere to be found and a nurse had to deliver my baby. Will NEVER NEVER recommend her, but I sure hope that Diane is on her own now.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2011

Dr.Gillian seemed very judgemental, I went to her as a pregnant patient, 5 months.She told me that my baby had a chance of down syndrome just because she was measuring 8 days behind. She wanted to give me an Amnio and She talked about me aborting my baby at 24 weeks and she seemed very judgemental, cold, and I did not feel welcome nor cared for. I feel like maybe she caters more to older patients. I will be switching doctors ASAP. And when I called to get my doctor records to transfer they told me it would take 30 days and its $22 plus a charge for each page, I will never return here!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Dr. Lorraine E. Gillian's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

AHC