Ratings for Dr. Suhail Kumar

I went for almost 2 years all he did was up the dose of my medicine and put shots in my back. In and out in 10-15 mins. Very uncaring. I just stopped going!!!! Do not recommend anyone going to him!!!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

Dr Kumar is one of most non caring rheumatologist . More concern with students than patient. Does not listen to he patient, please do not waste your money

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018

In September of 2015 I was scheduled to see a Rheumatologist with an amazing reputation, Ana Finauriu. Something happened to my appointment and I was rescheduled with a different doctor, Suhail Kumar. I was in considerable pain and I was scared so I did not care. My initial appointment/diagnosis lasted less than 10 minutes and Dr Kumar never touched my joints, nor checked for psoriasis - not once. Over the course of 9 months, I became more and more uncomfortable with the doctor. I even took my husband with me to see if it was just me. During that appointment, I mentioned to Dr. Kumar that I had a friend who was a rhematologist and she suggest I ask him about a certain medication. He became so incensed that I had discussed my care with this other doctor that he quite obviously cut the appointment short and left the room. My husband said "Wow, you really made him mad." I could not believe it. My last appointment with this practice was 9 months after my initial diagnosis. I was in what I now know is called a "Flare" and the pain was enormous. i could not move my elbow at all and was freaking out. When the doctor asked me how I was I told him honestly that I was in some of the worst pain I had ever felt. His reaction? He laughed at me. He said it's just tennis elbow and refused to check it. I explained I had done nothing to stress the elbow and he laughed again. I almost started crying right then and there. The level on condescension was something I had never experienced in a professional setting. He did nothing for me. Explained nothing and that was that. I left the office and sobbed. After I calmed down I decided to call the office manager to discuss it. The secretary who answered the phone asked me the nature of my call and then refused to put me through to the manager when I told her I was upset about the way I had been treated.. She told me it would be pointless because they did not allow doctor switching. I was astounded. I found a new doctor who is fine, but not very thorough. I recently started to really regret that I was never able to see the doctor I was originally supposed to see, Dr. Finariu. I decided last month to try and get through to the office manager, Libby again. I finally got through to her and explained the entire story. I begged her to speak to the doctors in question and make an exception to their no switching policy. I told her I needed the best and that Dr. Finariu was the best. She promised me she would and that she would be back in touch with me in a day or so. A week passed and nothing so I called back. I begged some more and she promised again to try. I have never been that impassioned over something with a perfect stranger. Libby never would return my call again after that. I have never been treated so poorly by anyone professionally. I understand that rules are in place for a reason. I also understand that occasionally, exceptions can be made in order to make a situation right. I would never recommend dealing with this practice. I have heard from several other people who had the EXACT same experience with the SAME doctor. Why would they want this behavior to go on is beyond me. Shameful.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Good doctor. He listens to concerns and takes time to explain things/conditions. I agree with last review he is thurough and his staff are very friendly. Very knowledgable as well.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014

Dr. Kumar was is a great doctor. He spent enough time with me and was very thorough. Most doctors today have one foot in the door and one hand on the doorknob. He was very caring and interested in my concerns. His staff is also very nice and efficient.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012