Ratings for Dr. Alka M. Hudson

Wonderful! Dr. Hudson is great and caring. I had a wonderful experience.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Excellent. She is caring, thoughtful, and very smart.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I had called about eight practices trying to get in with a female GI doctor. Most of them could not get me in for three months, and I was in the next week with her. She is compassionate, knowledgeable and answered all my questions. Joy, her nurse, is organized and her office staff is very friendly. I explained to her my desire to not have men involved in my care since I have a domestic violence and sexual assault background. She was super nice and understanding, and had the hospital aware of my concerns before I got there. I would highly recommend Dr. Hudson.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Dr. Hudson may be fine for colon polyps, however my son-in-law diagnosed with Crohn's in April has been in a constant "flare-up" since May. Dr. Hudson could have suggested another physician more comfortable in treating Crohn's but instead she has been assessing the situation and reviewing medication and lab orders/ results. Therefore, nothing has been done. In the meantime he has lost 35 pounds (which he didn't have to lose) and has been in enough pain that he and his wife are near desperation. This has been a sad experience. As individuals working in the health field, we are now strongly encouraging him to seek treatment further from work and home but with someone interested in his well being. That would not be Dr. Hudson.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

Dr. Hudson was exceptionally caring and immediately resolved my issue.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

Dr Hudson spent time explaining my mother's options to me in terms of hospice vs feeding tube. She devoted at least an hour to making sure that I understood my options. I apprecaite the fact that she seemed to sincerely care about how hard my decsion was.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Very great experience. Nice staff. She was easy to talk to and really cared about me. I will definitely go back

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Dr. Hudson was very insistent on placing a feeding tube in my dad, even though research has shown they do not improve quality or length of life in patients with dementia. She was not concerned about reducing his quality of life. She was unable to offer me any alternatives, just kept saying "It's a different standard of care if you decline the tube." I found out from the nurses that she meant hospice, but she never used the word. She told me if I declined, no one would feed him or give him meds. I felt like she was bullying me.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

Dr. Alka M. Hudson's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 2004)