Ratings for Dr. Megan M. Willet

I decided to try Dr. Willet after my old GP left the clinic I previously went to. I have been struggling with depression for a long time and was trying to find a new GP that specialized in mental health. The closest I found was Dr. Willet, whose specialty is women's health, so I decided to give her a try. I am glad I went to her. After ACTUALLY listening to me describe my symptoms, what meds I had previously been on, etc. (something my old GP did not do), she took a piece of paper, drew a diagram of the three common neurotransmitters, and listed out which of my old meds affected which neurotransmitter, and talked through what appeared to be working and what wasn't, and what I could try. She explained everything in a way that made it clear she knew her stuff, but was easy enough for me to understand. She can kind of ramble and do a lot of thinking out loud, which maybe some people would find off-putting but I actually like because it makes it easier to talk through possible solutions. Anyway, I tried a couple different medications with her which didn't work, and she fought for me to get an expensive prescription which did previously work for me covered by my insurance (which didn't pan out due to some confusion about a deductible - but I appreciate that her nurses tried). Ultimately she recommended me to a psychiatrist since she was concerned that handling my depression was getting out of her expertise. It's apparent from the way she talks and handles things that she actually cares about her patients' wellbeing. She offers advice and listens to you instead of just throwing pills at the problem immediately (even though she may prescribe something after talking it out with you). Very friendly and knowledgeable. Front staff and nurses are generally pretty nice too. My only complaint (because I don't trust "perfect" reviews) is that she works at several clinics so it can sometimes take a few weeks to get an appointment at the location you want. But generally would highly recommend Dr. Willet.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Dr. Megan M. Willet's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 2008)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal