Ratings for Dr. Hongxie Shen

I had a bad cough and had previously gone to urgent care, which did not help much. Dr. Shen completed a thorough examination and asked me multiple question. He diligently took notes, sent me for a chest x-ray, gave three prescriptions and called a few days later to update me on my results. The medications he prescribed did the trick in a few days. He is on the quiet side; however, I had a pleasant experience. The medical assistant/nurse was nice and attentive, but the receptionist not so much (seemed upset)

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

the staff is horrible and rude, and he was supposed to call in medication for me and instead decided not to without telling me, had the office people give me samples of a controlled substance i don't even take! the staff was mean and laughed at me on the phone and basically argued with me about taking a controlled substance. i don't take any narcotics and it's like he called in medication without looking at my chart!

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

I visted Dr Shen for abdomen pain, he order lab test and ultrasound the first time and the next two visit is the follow up for these result,he is very cold and busy with typing every visit, little communications, if i went to ask him ,he stopped me and refuse ask my questions, i will never go there, he want more office visit and more ... you know it.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

My blood pressure too high (147) and I went to see Dr. Shen after checked up and set appointment for my blood draw. He requested me under medical treatment and I follow by the schedule, 3 months after I came back my blood pressure drop down to normal. However he advised me keep medicine in routine, don't stop it until my blood completely good. I am very happy when me blood pressure now 114.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

this docter suck dont do any thing for you did not do any thing for me i had to tell him what to do

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

after waiting almost an hour for a first appointment with this doctor - he did no apologize or even talk that much. he told me i was overweight (big surprise there) and that i should eat better (duh?). the main reason i went to see him was numbness i was getting in my arm - he said it was fine and that i shouldn't worry about it. overall, he was very unprofessional in the way he presented himself and what he thought. ultimately, he didn't even treat me for anything - just to come back whenever i want or if the problem gets worse (doesn't that strike the regular person as odd?). the best word i could use to describe him is "cold" - he's a pitiful little man.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012