Ratings for Dr. Rakesh K. Kalra

HORRIBLE!! DO NOT GO HERE! Took my mother there for a fever. She had been feeling bad for a couple of days and sweating profusely on and off. When I would take her temperature while she was sweating it was 93.2, and sometimes it was even lower than that and not even registering on the digital thermometer, I would get an ERROR code. All the while, I would b checking her temperature against that of myself and my 2 kids, to which all 3 of our temperatures registered between 98.9-100.1. I monitored her for several hours, she would sweat for 10 min or so, which would b accompanied by a low temp and then she would become ice cold, even to the touch, and her temp would go up to about 95.1. We decided to go to Fremont Medical and get her checked out. When we got there, we signed in and waited in the desolate lobby to b called back. When we were finally called back, my mother and I proceeded to load up my 2 kids and walk back toward the door where the nurse was standing. I have a 3 yr old and a newborn so we had purses to grab, diaper bag, car seat, etc. When we got to the door where the nurse was, he very rudely said that we (talking about me and my little ones) SHOULD wait in the lobby because "the rooms were too small for us"!! Now, I have lived in Henderson my whole life and have been going to this place since I was little...I know how big the rooms r! Offended, I said, "smaller than they used to b?" Shocked, he said nothing and moved out of the way so that we could get by him thru the doorway. His overall attitude and demeanor after that was short and rude, and I felt highly offended. When Dr Kalra finally came in, he acted as if we were there for a runny nose. He just stared at my mother as she described her symptoms. I finally spoke up and described what had been going on for the last 24 hrs with her temperature. Dr Kalra looked at me and very bluntly told me that it wasn't physically possible to have a temperature of 93.2. Astounded at the fact that he was basically calling me a liar, I told him that it did, in fact, happen and that I have digital thermometer readings at home to prove it. He again looked at me with a "matter of fact" look on his face and told me that my "thermometer must b broken!" When I asked him how to explain that mine AND my 2 kids temperatures all registered normal at the same time, back to back while taking my mother's with the same thermometer, he replied "again, I'd have to tell u that there is a problem with your thermometer..." By this time I'm thinking to myself. .."R U FKN KIDDING ME?!..." If u can't explain something, then the first thing u do is call ur patient a liar?! Good one! So I told him that I didn't believe that my thermometer was broken, to which he replied that "a temperature of 93.2 isn't physically possible unless u had fallen in the waters of Antarctica!" Now, since I had already done my research on these symptoms (sweating and a temp of 93.2), I told him that this it's not severe hypothermia (as falling in the waters of Antarctica would bring on), but instead a case of mild hypothermia (which can b brough on by any number of things.. sepsis being one of them) He replied, "no, 93.2 is severe!" Now, I can tell u that a simple Google search would contradict this statement. After getting nowhere with this close minded, unwilling-to-listen and obviously inexperienced doctor, we finally left this awful place with a precription for Flonase! NEVERMIND THE FACT THAT nasal congestion wasn't even one of her noted symptoms! The next morning my mom was so sick that she could barely get out of bed..no voice, extremely sore throat, severe body aches, persisting low body temperature..and all she has is a bottle of Flonase. Where is the antibiotics!? Now I have to spend another day and take her to a REAL dr! Someone needs to confiscate his medical license...if he even has one. This place is horrendous! I now know why the parking lot was desolate and there were no patients in the waiting area...smh! He better hope that my mom's condition isn't serious or life-threatening because he will have a serious lawsuit on his hands!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

My husband went in for suspected Bell's Palsy as he was having symptoms (facial droop, tingling tongue, etc.) He was seen not long after we checked in to the facility. Our experience with Dr. Kalra was positive. We have a different PCP which we have never seen yet, as Dr. Kalra was filling in for him. This was our first time seeing him and he was kind and listened to all my husbands' concerns. We did not feel rushed and Dr. Kalra had a pleasant attitude. He was not condescending, like most MD's and did not make us feel like idiots. To me, finding the right PCP is challenging. We will be changing our PCP to Dr. Kalra. Hopefully, each and every visit will be consistent and worthy of having him as a primary physician for our needs.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013