Ratings for Dr. George F. Leydon

Dr. Leydon was my PCP while I had GHC insurance. I highly recommend him. He's attentive, and always took time in our visits, not just to explain things at an appropriate level of detail, but I also felt like he really listened to me, and took my thoughts seriously. If I could keep him as my PCP under my new HMO, I absolutely would, and I recommend him to any friends/coworkers who have GHC insurance.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2019

Dr. Leydon took time to listen and provide guidance. He is very personable and I feel comfortable trusting him with my health.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2019

My regular primary MD at ghc didn't have an opening on day needed, so saw Dr Leydon. Am I ever glad I did. He was so thorough, didn't rush at all. Explained all tests ordered. A very nice physician, easy to talk to. Am considering switching to him from one I've had for over 15 yrs at ghc.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2019

Only once in 6 years and probably 30 visits has Doc Leydon been late and reason was understandable. Best Dr. I have ever had, very knowledgeable, caring and thorough. You can't go wrong having this doctor as your treating physician.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2019

I'm new to Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin, but not new to medical systems. I had my initial intake appointment with Dr. Leydon and as a middle-age man, had a number of items to cover, to watch moving forward, etc. There are many things I appreciate about the appointment and our conversation. When setting up an initial appointment with a GHC primary care doctor, I asked for someone who was comfortable with LGBT people. I clearly got the right person. Dr. Leydon's comfort and fluid conversation with me through the topics I wanted to talk about put me at ease. His use of "my" language when talking about sex made me immediately comfortable with him. And offering Prep (HIV pre-medication), while I don't require it, assured me that he was comfortable with all of my dimensions. I also appreciated Dr. Leydon asking about my spouse, so often I have to leave him out to make others feel comfortable with me. As much as I worked well with my prior doctors and nurse practitioners and the health care was supurb, none of them put me at ease like Dr. Leydon. I highly recommend him, especially for LGBT folk.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2019

A walking talking book of medical knowledge. VERY thourough, answers all questions, very professional and takes a serious interest in all your medical needs. Never knew anyone to know about drugs and their side affects as he. He gets 5 STARS Iin my book.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2018

Follow up meeting on my meds. Changed some and added some. Very knowledgeable, professional and takes all the time to address my problems and concerns. I hope I die before he retires because I could never find another doctor of his caliber.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

My first visit to a doctor upon relocating to Wisconsin. Very nice experience, Dr. Leydon was on time and took much time to get to know my medical history. Was responsive to my requests. Very nice experience considering I've not had pleasant experiences in the past with physicians. I appreciated the quality of my first visit

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

I couldn't be happier with the care I receive from Dr. Leydon.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr. Leydon is one of the best physicians I have seen. He is amazing in his knowledge and willing to stop and listen about anything and refer me. I can't imagine what more I could ask for from a primary physician. His communication is always clear and concise and follow-ups are always followed up on. He does run a little late but I have always attributed that to his willingness to take those extra few minutes with his patients ... seems a reasonable trade off to me.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Dr. George F. Leydon's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2008)