Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Meeuwsen

Even as an established patient, it is impossible to get an appointment when you are sick. Typically getting in when sick takes over a week. Receptionist is rude and not helpful. Dr. Meeuwsen is fine, but practice management is poor if no time is allowed in the schedule for urgent visits. Since Gunnison has no urgent care, a person is left with going to E.R. which is cost prohibitive.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Went in for cough and he did a cursory exam and and said if not better in 2 weeks, he would refer me to ENT. Had X-rays and blood test done at the hospital. Heard back from assistant 6 days later and asked about follow up on abnormalities. Said he would check and get back. He did but only after another week. I left 2 messages for doctor to call me but after 3+ weeks! have still not heard about any follow up. Never heard from doctor. I have to assume he can't be bothered to follow up on my problems.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Horrible, he sent my child to the ER to do two simple tests two days in a row. Cost me over $1500. Should have been regular doctor visit. Never going back.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr Meeuwsen is a blessing to our community. He is caring, takes time with you to answer all of your concerns and questions and their staff is excellent. No wait time as well. Intelligent, smart, and helpful. Excellent bedside manner and makes me not dread going to the dr:] I give him 5 stars much deserved! Just what we have needed for a long time. we welcome he and his wife and family to Gunnison and hope they continue to make this their home and flourishing practice.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Dr. Meeuwsen is personable and approachable. He is willing to take time to answer questions and provide clarification on issues related to my health--this is special in a healthcare world that is often hurried and seemingly uncaring. I'm pleased to have him as my primary care physician.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

Dr. Michael A. Meeuwsen's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)

GHI