Ratings for Dr. Ricardo Alvarado

Chose to travel from out of state to see Dr Alvarado. Very pleased with my decision. Dr. Alvarado was very knowledgeable with my condition and the treatment plan needed. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

This office is a joke. After months of going there i have gotten nowhere. The staff is terribly inept. And the Dr. Can't wait to leave the room once he sees you. He practically has his hand on the doorknob while talking to you.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

DR. ALVARADO'S staff can be friendly but their work has been sloppy. For instance, on one occasion, I had been checked in, paid for my visit and waited 2 hours. Another patient and I were left in the waiting room and when called, she asked about me since my appt had been earlier than hers. A new staff member was blamed (in front of me) for forgetting me and, since the Dr. had left, I wound up seeing a PA who knew nothing of my case. On each of my visits, i have had to wait anywhere from 30 to 45 mins. Recently, I was 10 mins late due to traffic;I called to let them know and was told not to come b/c the Dr. "expects you to be on time and he was already running late". When I did When the dr refused to see me, I asked for my records which they would not give me without paying a $35 fee. To date, after a year of visits and two injections under imaging and conscious sedation, I have had no relief from my pain.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

Spends time with the atient and explains his decisions and your condition to you in a way that you can understand. He also speaks spanish.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

Dr. Ricardo Alvarado's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 2005)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal