Ratings for Dr. Amy A. Leverant

Dr. Leverant is kind and knowledgeable, but the wait is horrible. I have waited over an hour before being called back, and have never waited less than 40 minutes. I have scheduled early morning appointments, after lunch and end of day. It is always at least an hour and a half for the appt. and we only see the dr. for 10 minutes.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Dr. Leverant is probably one of the most caring and knowledgeable doctors I have had the pleasure to work with. Her keen judgement and professionalism continues to earn my trust. Rarely do you see a doctor with her patience and competence. She was the only doctor to accurately diagnosis and recommend treatment for a rare eye and neurological disease. We are forever grateful to her!!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

My son had nystagmus and the surgery went fantastic. He had more pain on that day so she didn't even argue and called in Tylenol with Codeine. Then everything was better.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2010

We have gone to Dr Leverant for three years! My 11 year old daughter has very complex eye issues. We love her and she is always so great with my daughter, she seems to care so much about what happens to her. Once she even gave us her home phone number because she wanted to make sure she was available if we needed her. We love her and would recommend her to anyone!!!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

Dr. Leverant did surgery for strabasibus on my right eye in 98 and then my left in 2000. She was always very helpful in appointments and answering questions and did a very great job. The first surgery I recovered from quickly with almost no pain, the second took a little longer. I am only just now having to start being treated for the strabismus again (and only slightly).

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

Dr. Leverant did laser surgery on my son's eyes due to ROP. His vision was saved and he can now at 21 months see things I can't. The service is slow (we would sometimes wait 2 hours for a visit!) but I like and trust Dr. Leverant.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

Dr. Leverant seemed very rushed and uninterested in my son's case. He's 4 months old and has benign aniscoria (uneven pupil dilation). She wasn't willing to answer many questions. She wants a follow-up appointment in 3-4 months, at which time I will find a new pediatric ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2008

I am 28 and this was my second eye surgery to treat my strabismus. Dr. Leverant convinced me that she was capable of this surgery. THEN, after the surgery I had a black faint line going through the white part of my eye. She wasn't available when I wanted to get this looked at, so I went to another dr. in the office and in so many words, he said Dr. Leverant screwed up and it did not heal properly. Well, it's almost been three years and there is not a day that goes by where I don't have a headache related to my eye which now turns way in instead of out. Dr. Leverant did not have the time of day for me after the surgery. She would never admit that she messed up and has little patience for her patients after she is "done" with you. I should have sued her, but I am sure I signed my life away on one of the many papers I signed. NEVER would I recommend Amy Leverant to anyone!!!!!!!!!! Go somewhere good and find the best docter you can...your eyes are too vulnerable not to.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2008

My daughter has been treated by Dr. Leverant and her office for over three years. We owe our daughters vision to them. Her staff and the otherd doctors have been heaven sent.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

Dr. Leverant was refered to us. She was very nice and informative. We'd go back especially after learning her father is also an eye doctor!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2006

Dr. Amy A. Leverant's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

UnitedHealthcare