Ratings for Dr. Dorothy L. Calvin

Both Dr Dorothy and Dr Scott Calvin are amongst the most helpful and knowledgable opthamologist i have ever visted. We went to get our son treated for strabismus and was referred to Dr dorothy calvin by my sons pediatrician. I agree the wait time was more than usual but when we were finally called in for the exam, it was worth every second of the wait. Not only did she alley us of our fears, she examined my son in great detail and her prescriptios were spot on. So to the person who kept on ranting about time management in one of these reviews, I have just one thing to say - Shut up! Dr Dorothy calvin takes only complicated cases of children and If you want your child to be rushed up then show your child somewhere else. if you want to get the best tratment and spend some quality time doing a thorough exam then go to dr Dorothy Calvin. I give he A++++, 10/10, 100% etc etc :)

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

This practice has very very poor time management. My husband and I took our 5- month old child for an initial appointment and we were at the office 10 mins before the scheduled appointment to allot time for paperwork. A good 1 hour and 45 minutes later, we were still waiting to be seen. There is absolutely no consideration for patient's time. An hour wait would have been fine had we not noticed that there are patients whose appointment schedule were later than ours and yet they got seen sooner. My pediatrician recommended this doctor but I am going to let her know to reconsider sending her patients to this office. They should know to leave at least half hour interval between their patients for comprehensive checkup and at the same time not frustrate those who arrive at their office on time. They should also take down the printed notice on their window that reads "Patients arriving 15 minutes late may consider rescheduling their appointment".

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

Very helpful, great with kids. Very patient with little ones who are scared. Explains everything and makes them feel good. Great with parents too!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2009

Dr. Calvin is an excellend doctor who knows how to handle children with the most utmost care. She is able to explain things in terms that we as parents are able to understand and is willing to help us with all that's needed.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2008

Dr.Dorothy Calvin has so much patience she is very knowledgeable and has great listening skills.She is especially great with children that are handicap. I really think she is one of the best dr. out there. Her appointments waiting list is long but it is because she is so good dr.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2006

Dr. Dorothy L. Calvin's Credentials

• Dutch

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Northridge, CA