Ratings for Dr. Paul W. Daum

I have been a patient of Dr. Daum's since 2001. That's 17 years and I would not consider changing. I love his manner and attention to my health issues. He is always careful to be sure we are in line with whatever else may be going on with me and my other doctors. He is such a fine man and an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

My previous review has been deleted somehow by an "unknown" person. It was too much truth and brought shame to the staff I guess. I will visit every review site and ensure I make the information known to all prospective clients. DO NOT GO HERE. The place is a three ring circus run by monkeys. I made an appointment on September 5th by phone for September 18th at 3pm. I provided my insurance info to the woman I spoke with and marked the 18th on my phone calendar. Fast forward to the 18th. My partner took the entire afternoon off of work so he could attend this first appointment with me. We get into the office and the female behind the front desk already looks frazzled. I tell her I have an appointment for 3pm and sign in. She looks utterly confused and tells us to take a seat. We sat down but I got up shortly after to request new patient paperwork I was sure she forgot to give me. When I did she told me that she didn't show me on the schedule. I had read a review prior to making my appointment where the same situation happened to someone else. I told her that and I informed her that my partner had taken off work to be there with me that afternoon. She literally gets some new patient forms together and throws the clipboard at me. She explained that they do have all my insurance info in the computer however the appointment was never made and she was unsure of who I spoke with on the 5th of September. I go and sit down and the glass window barrier at her desk closed...i presume so that my SO and I wouldn't hear the hushed conversation about the scheduling error. I finished my paperwork and returned to the again open window and she stated that regardless of the circumstances the Doctor wasn't going to see me and that I would have to reschedule for a week later. My SO and I left. I was furious. I pulled the call logs on my phone and showed her when I called on the 5th. I rescheduled however I cancelled the appointment when I contacted a different OB and it was immediately apparent the professional differences between Dr. Daum's office and the new OB I called. People don't have the time to waste or vacation hours to waste from work like this. As previously stated I read a review where significant scheduling errors occured for others at this office. I chose to ignore the reviews and try. That was a mistake. Clearly the folks working here don't have a clue. When I asked the woman at the front desk to provide me witgh proof of my new appointment (an initial the appointment card) she became agitated and nearly threw that at me too. The people here need to pull their heads from their rectums.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

I called to set up my first appointment on September 5th at 9:18 am. The woman I spoke with said she had a 3pm slit available on 9/18 at 3pm. I told her I would take it and gave her my insurance information. Fast forward to 9/18. I get into the office with my significant other who took the afternoon off of work to come with me. I make contact at the front desk who looks a frazzled mess in her unprofessional oversized hooded sweatshirt and messy work space. I tell her of my 3 o'clock appointment and she has this blank stare on her face and tells me to have a seat after I inquire about new patient paperwork. I realized I forgot my insurance card and walk back up to the window at which time she decides to inform me that my name was not in the schedule for an appointment. She pulled up my patient info and said she had all my insurance info from the phone call I made on the 5th but evidently the appointment was never made by whomever I spoke with. I advised her that I had read a review online about this happening to another patient and that I was very upset because my SO took time off work to be there with me. She hurriedly throws new patient forms at me on a clip board and asked me to take a seat again. The glass door closed at the front desk so I couldn't hear any conversation. Fast forward to the end, I'm inevitably told they can't see me and I need to wait a week for the next appointment. I should have taken warning from the previous reviews. The staff here is a joke and the office is a 3 ring circus. I called the Women's pavilion off of Miller Rd. In Mansfield and right at the start they were more professional and actually scheduled my first 2 appointments. That's where I'll be going.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

I absolutely love Dr. Daum and his staff! I had a difficult pregnancy which left me on bedrest in the hospital for 5 weeks. During this time I had daily visits from Dr. Daum which gave me a lot of time to get to know him. His humor and friendliness made a bad situation much better. He was excellent at explaining exactly what was going on and what future plans he had regarding my pregnancy. Thanks to him we now have a healthy baby boy!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

The most compassionate, awesome bedside manner dr EVER had! He listens to your concerns and addresses them immediately or as soon as he can. Staff is just as caring as he is. I definitely found my permanent doctor :)

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr, Daum's bedside manner is terrible. I was a pregnant with my first and had many questions. Instead of replying with medical answers, he'd quip out smart-butt, sarcastic replies that made me feel stupid for asking. My husband went with me to most of my appointments and noticed this too and was bothered by it as well. When it came time to deliver my son, he said he wouldn't be coming because he'd been on call for the last 10 days or so and needed to rest. He had a chance to redeem himself in the delivery room, but I felt let down even more when I had to have a doctor I didn't even know deliver my son.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Dr Daum and his staff are the best! I gave birth to a bouncing baby boy on 02-08-2010. He took very good care of me and I would fully trust him with any other pregnacies or births or any other female issues of any kind. He has a great bed side manner and truely acts as if he cares for his patients. His staff are very friendly and helpful as well. There was also a time when I emotionally and mentally needed someone to talk to not related to my pregancy (I was not pregnant at the time) and he personally called me back after hours to talk to me about what I should do to get help. I would recommend him to anyone needing a good OBGYN.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

I am 21 weeks pregnant, my appt was set for 2 weeks ago and they cancelled to reschedule. We were scheduled for 3:00, he didn't come in until 5, no apologies. He read through my chart as if it was the 1st time he'd ever met me, giving results as if they were new (though we discussed them at previous appts). He forgot about my placenta previa, spent no time assessing me and I had to remind him I'd like the sono to check the previa status. Upon entering the sono room, he sat down and immediately started saying terrible things to the father of my child (who has come to every appt). It got so bad that the father got up, said he would not be spoken to that way and went to the waiting area. I was bawling my eyes out as he continued to bad mouth the father to me. I continued to cry, stated I was so bothered by what he did that I just wanted to get dressed and leave, if it was not for the fear of the previa, I would have. He examined me alone (crying the entire time) without staff present.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Came in, was told my appointment was yesterday. I'm 8 weeks pregnant and she reschedules me for 2 weeks away? Really? I had the appointment card in hand that said 11 am 11/29/12. So for her to say my appointment was yesterday? Threw me for a loop. I cried because I'd have to wait another two and a half weeks to see if I'm healthy and the baby is healthy. Dr. Daum delivered my first child in 2009 and was decent. He has very bad bedside manners, his staff is terrible! Just awful! I cried in front of my family, friend and the entire office which made everything way worse. Almost didn't want to go back. We will see.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2012

Dr. Daum filled in for my doctor in the delivery of my 2nd child, and it was such a great experience that I changed to him and used him for my third and fourth child. I was impressed with his knowledge and bedside manner- he does cover things somewhat quickly but if you ask for details he is happy to share and answer any and all questions you have. I had a very bad experience delivering my third child due to a really bad nurse, and he went out of his way on my fourth child's delivery to make sure that situation was not duplicated and I was completely at ease with the labor and delivery. He also helped my grandmother with a serious gynocological issue and was knowledgable and professional. I know no doctor is perfect, but Dr. Daum has been nothing but wonderful for 11 years now.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

Dr. Paul W. Daum's Credentials

• Arabic

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1980)