Ratings for Dr. Nicholas J. Hedberg

Dr.Hedberg claims to be an expert at fitting toric lens. I choose to see him for this reason. Instead I was left to tell him what changes should be made to my prescription-he did not fit any of the trial pairs of lens I received. Ultimately he prescripted a lens that is known to tear even while still in the eye. He did not tell me about this concern, I believe a patient should be made aware when a danger as this exist with a product. After having this occur twice, I called the office to see if I could try a different brand after learning from the manufactor that this is a common problem. I was told I would need to pay an additional $40 to have a new contact lens fitting. After my previous experience with Hedberg's fitting skills I have made the decision to go elsewhere. Drs should know the products they are recommending to patients, and share this information so a patient can make an informed decision.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013