Ratings for Dr. Evelyne N. Llorente

HEALING HANDS I developed an abscess in my intestine that failed to respond after nearly a couple weeks of strong antibiotics. My GI doctor and my surgeon recommended surgery to resect part of my colon. I turned to Dr. Llorente because I wanted to avoid surgery at all cost. She reviewed my CT scans, labs and consultations with the other doctors and initially also recommended surgery. I insisted that I really did not want surgery and asked her to try something else and then if that failed, THEN I would consider surgery. She proceeded to ask me to relax, breathe deeply. She moved her hands over my body, concentrating over my stomach for 20 minutes. SHe helped me focus on my well being. Then we talked some more for ten minutes. Then my abdominal pain improved by 80 %. I was astounded and at a total loss for what to say. She instructed me to go home and stop dwelling on my diagnosis. A few hours later that day, I had a normal bowel movement--- I had not had a BM for over a week. A few weeks later, my GI doctor repeated a CT scan of my abdomen---the abscess was gone. Many months have passed. There is no recurrence of this problem.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Our family has been with her for 8 years. She treats causes and not symptoms She is caring and invests her time with her patients on all level. She is a 10 on my rating scale.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Llorente for the past ten years and she and her staff are a Godsend. Her staff is friendly and professional and her knowledge base as both a GP and when it comes to thyroid disorders (which I have) is absolutely impressive and diverse. As a GP, she is very meticulous when it comes to overall health. Best of all, she is VERY CAUTIOUS and conservative when it comes to medications. She is NOT a pill pusher like so many MDs. She looks at the overall picture before approaching that path of treatment. This is very applicable to my thyroid treatment. She is even open to suggestions that I have made during my own research, giving feedback whether the treatments I have found were legitimate or not. If they are not, she is not disrepectful or arrogant about it. For her, it's all about the treatment, not the ego. Very courteous and professional and COMPASSIONATE. Strongly recomended.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2014

I had a multitude of health issues for which I consulted with many physicians who ordered numerous tests, but I never felt that they truly "heard" me or even saw me as a person. When many of my tests came back normal, they said it must be a psychological issue and were quick to prescribe tranquilizers, antidepressants...A friend suggested i go see DR. LLOrente who turned out to be so much more than I could hope for. She practices integrative, functional medicine. She is not only very knowledgeable, diligent and competent, but is also caring and a great listener. In a couple of visits, she figured out that i had a number of vitamin deficiencies and hormonal imbalance. It is now a few months later. I have my life back!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

I like her. She got my thyroid problem sorted out. She got me on compounded thyroid meds with the dose made just for me. It is perfect & better than regular pharma drugs. I am very happy with what she has done for me. I was very sick on synthroid. I only need T3 and not all the hormones in synthroid. She figured this out. She figured out what dose to have the pharmacy make for me. It was great! I am very happy with her. She found additional health problems when doing a blood panel on me. I didn't feel good, but I didn't know why and she found the reasons why. I was very, very sick when I came to her and she fixed me up. We have been through a lot and I am thankful to have met Dr. Llorente. I would be in a world of hurt without her. She nursed me back to health. She believes in vitamins and did tell me which ones to take. She prefers natural remedies over big pharma pills, but will prescribe when needed. She is a balance of nature and pharma. I like that.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Disgraceful as far as I am concerned. Didn't change pillowcase on exam table, nor was there a paper covering on it. No sheepskin covers on stirrups for feet, which makes it very uncomfortable. Did not use lubrication when inseting speculum. Pointed it up and then down, which hurt. Either forgot or simply neglected to test for bacteria or yeast although I had told her I suspected an infection, and only did pap smear. Very confusing in her speaking with me, bringing up irrelevant comparisons, and then said she though I was resistant. I am resistant to gobbledygook instead of clear answers! Lost my chart and di not apologize. Told me she thought it was best not to be on hormones at all - and then merely suggested a lower dosage of hormones, telling me I would have to be the one to figure out how much of the different creams/drops to use and when!Kept saying "right" as if expecting me to concur with her.

Submitted September 15, 2010

Dr. Evelyne N. Llorente's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Amerigroup