Ratings for Dr. Alan S. Ruttenberg

I felt very comfortable. Very nice and personable.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

flag | Submitted February 13, 2012

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

Excellent! listened to my progress, and tried a new medication on me, which helped me immensely. I had to leave my other doctor, because I was constantly falling asleep, and he was afraid of trying a new medication on me. He is open to slight variations in my requirements. He looks at the what is happening overall in your life, stress, sleep, and demands of your job. Outstanding, my life has changed for the better. I wish I would have left my other doctor sooner. I was there for about 9 years. His main focus is the psychiatric and prescription side. I have not done any coaching side with him. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

I had been seeing Dr. Ruttenberg since 2003 and never switched b/c I was being lazy. I have always felt he had me overmedicated. He always wanted to give me sort of "injection." When I told him I wanted to try to get off of my antidepressent, he was very hesitant and kept asking why. I am pretty soft spoken and had to put my foot down and tell him this is MY body and I'd like to see if I can function without it! He FINALLY caved. He would also ask embarrassing questions about sexual side effects that I did not feel comfortable responding to. He speaks in a sing-song voice like you are a kid. Turns out I do need medication, but now I'm with much more understanding doctors!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2010

Avoid this doctor at all cost. Dr.Alan Ruttenberg over-medicated me for 12 years. He failed to warn me that the medication he was giving me could cause diabetes and other debilitating diseases like tardive dyskinesia. I complained to him about my hair falling out and other painful side effects and he dismissed my symptoms as due to something else. I went to see other doctors for second opinions. One endocrinologist even called him to say that he should get me off the medication, and he was still resistant. One day, I saw a segment on the news that doctors were over-prescribing this medication and were being paid by AstraZeneca under the table to push this drug. I told Dr.Ruttenberg about what I saw on the news and he admitted to me,"you know what,you don't need this medication anymore". The withdrawing was terrible (the worst headaches of my life) and to this day I have permanent health problems due to this.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2010

Dr. Alan S. Ruttenberg's Credentials

• Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19104 (Grad. 1963)

MSP/BC Med