Ratings for Dr. Henry L. Sonneborn

I was referred to Dr Sonneborn for Lymphoma. He's pretty knowledgable and personable, but can be late or mistaken at times. He required that I get a chest port for Chemo, when I clearly didn't need one as a young healthy person with an early-stage easily-controlled cancer. I went to Dana-Farber instead and was in remission by the end of my 2nd cycle of IV Chemotherapy. He hires interns who aren't very good at researching support groups too. She found none for me.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

Dr Sonneborn always personally escorts patients to his office. I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes past my appointment time. Yes, he multitasks sometimes while we're doing the preliminary before-checkup talk, but I have never felt he was not paying attention to me-- to the contrary he listens to everything. He is exceptionally knowledgeable and I feel very lucky to have him for my oncologist. I have every confidence in his work and I've seen 3 other oncologists, including Boston doctors.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2006

You will wait but he is a great diagnostician- treated my mother's breast cancer and is the internist for all adults in my family. He does multi-task, but he will see you when you're sick and his office follows up on tests and is good about letting you know results.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2006

The wait is always interminable - up to 45 min. to an hour. He doesn't do the basics: blood pressure, temp, eye and throat check etc.-the last time I had to ask for those things. Then when one is in his office to review problem, he takes phone calls, signs tons of papers brought in by secretary and in general doesn't give the patient his full attention. Also, office is shabby and not too clean. Needless to say I have changed doctors. He is also an oncology/hematology doctor, so perhaps those fields are more interesting to him than internal medicine. Not recommended as an internist.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2006

Dr. Henry L. Sonneborn's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 1974)

Top Hospitals in Portsmouth, NH