Ratings for Dr. Daniel F. Iacopi

Excellent listener and so, so smart, and I found him kind. Other reviewers make personality gripes, but you know what? It's not about personality (although I'm one who enjoys his straightforward, get-right-to-it style) it's about making it easier to enjoy life, and in that, he excels.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Seemed dry upon meeting but warmed up quickly. Good listener and truly wanted to help me. I was genuinely surprised when I left...he had spent 40 minutes getting to know me and to understand my situation. Am grateful to have found him.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Gave me Prozac and sent me on my way,.. unconcerned. Has a get over it, "life is tough" attitude. My meds made me violently angry and he seemed unconcerned. I believe he is only concerned with pushing drugs. I stopped seeing him. Called him today... about alternative therapy - He quickly said have a nice life,. Bye Bye. Hung Up.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

He may seem like a boring dull guy with a dead personality but he is actually good at treating us. But it also depends on what you have because he is best at treating certain illnesses such as anxiety, nervousness, worrying, and ADD or ADHD disorders. So if he was unhelpful to you it may be because your disorder was not in his field of expertise. He is best at treating disorders related in those areas. He is especially good at helping people with OCD. He is the psychiatrist to go to if you have OCD. He has treated so many OCD patients for so long, for so many years so he knows a lot about it. And if he wasn't very helpful to you it might also be that because he is a psychiatrist, not a therapist so he couldn't know much about talk treatment. All he can do is help by prescribing medication and all he could possibly know is the different medications and there effects.So if you found him to be lousy, it's probably because your illness was not in his special field that he's good at.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2011

He may seem like a boring guy with a dead personality but he is actually good at treating us. But it also depends on what you have because he is best at treating certain illnesses. He specializes in anxiety, nervousness, worrying, and ADD or ADHD disorders. So if he was unhelpful to you it may be because your disorder was not in his field of expertise. He is best at treating disorders related in those areas. He is especially good at helping people with OCD. He is the psychiatrist to go to if you have OCD. He has treated so many OCD patients for so long, for so many years so he knows a lot about it. And if he wasn't very helpful to you it might also be that because he is a psychiatrist, not a therapist so he couldn't know much about talk treatment. All he can do is help by prescribing medication and all he could possibly know is the different medications and there effects. So if you found him to be lousy, it's probably because your illness was not in his special field that he's good at.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

He was very knowlegable and helpful. He put me on meds that no other psych has put me on and it has been great. He collects antique TV's in his office which is cool and like like his quirkiness. I highly recommend.He cracks me up. :)

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

Dr. Ioacopi is incredibly knowledgeable and experienced. He listens well in order to gain an understanding of what's going on, but he is not some new grad practitioner who overly values pigeonholing people into categories at the expense of treating the underlying pscyhophysiology, especially in the initial visits. He is a psychiatrist MD, and does not get into psychotherapy with you beyond collaborating for an effective course of medication, at least until he sees how that changes things. He has a lifetime of experience. He knows exactly how all the new and old medications function, and helped me right away from the first visit. A very nice person.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2010

Spent 5 minutes with me and gave me an antidepressant. I asked him about other stuff like therapy, nutrition, blood tests, etc. He told me to forget all that, take the drug and get on with my life. He was rude, had no bedside manner, is not concerned with helping people and not knowledgeable. He should not be allowed to practice medicine. The drug he gave me absolutely sent my panic attacks through the roof. He then suggested I may be bi-polar. He loosely threw out different diagnosis' and wanted to just keep trying different drugs.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2010

Dr. Daniel F. Iacopi's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Encino, CA