Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Kalish

Dismissed everything I said because I needed "evidence". He looked at none of my blood tests, scans/MRI's, or just about anything for that matter. It just wasn't Lyme Disease. Throughout this whole journey I've had dr after dr contradict themselves in mass confusion. It is obvious Lyme Disease is not fully understood. According to him my symptoms were not a Lyme infection. He didn't even seem sure of himself, diagnosing me with several different things at one time. Fibromyalgia, post lyme syndrome and another unexplained disease that has yet to be discovered maybe. LOL Yeah right.... the information surrounding chronic lyme disease fits me down to a science that can be explained if doctors werent so arrogant enough to dismiss my symptoms and get MRI's. Half the issue is you can't get the doctors to do scans when you need them. So one week your ankle goes numb and starts popping and hurting and you know damage was done, the next your doc is telling you that can't happen and you're never going to get that MRI you need without a fight. THen if the MRI comes back with wear and tear/damage, "oh that's from playing too much football" or some BS. Without a doubt file a complaint on this guy. His website claims he treats chronic and post lyme. Yet he did neither. He even claimed I had post Lyme. He contradicts himself and he knows it.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Do NOT see this Dr for Lyme treatment. He is not Lyme literate

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Became very disappointed with Dr. Kalish's approach, or lack of. Initially, he was conservative in his approaches - not a bad thing. At the end, he wanted to route me to a totally different specialty given his lack of knowledge. 've been with him of for about 3 years. A waste of time.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr. Kalish is helping me with my mysterious symptoms. He is thoughtful and listens. Although we have not determined a diagnosis, I feel that he is thorough and qualified.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

--if you are suffering from chronic lyme disease and everything that comes with this awful disease, PLEASE DO NOT waste precious energy or hope looking for any kind of help from dr kalish. his mind is closed, he is NOT lyme trained, nor has any kind of compassion. SHAME ON YOU sir, for pretending to be a lyme doctor.....he never even asked me for the paperwork i had to fill out, UNPROFESSIONAL -- with an Ego thts not impressive. Sadly, he will get paid for doing absolutely nothing. ...completely unethical in medical terms. PLEASE Dr kalish, STOP advertising to Lyme patients......its doctors like you who neglected my care years ago that assisted my health decline. Kindly get with the program and educate yourself in up to date lyme health care. it will take me days to recover from this trip of wasted life energy i cannot spare!! you actually would benefit from going to a lyme conference. I hope u or loved ones never have to endure lyme disease or the terrible doctors who dismiss you in the hardship. so much for progressive mind sets, moving with the nature of diseases, and getting outside the big pharma box thinking. This is the 1st time i have ever written a review, my conscious wont allow me to keep quiet. Chronic Lyme people.....DO NOT EXTEND YOURSELF - THIS IS A DEAD END -- American Medical Horror Story.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

I'm not in love with the experience of coming into Tufts Medical Center from the north shore, but I am VERY happy with Dr. Kalish as a rheumatologist. I'm still a bit of a mystery, but my case is looking like RA (rheumatoid arthritis.) I'm still hoping that my pain will go away, but, in the meantime, I'm being authentically listened to and all of my symptoms are being acknowledged and treated by Dr. Kalish. I came in worried that I would be a judged just another "hysterical" woman, but instead I have had my calls returned even as late as 7pm, because that's how late he works. I don't have to push to be heard; instead, Dr. Kalish reaches right back and meets me where I am. I feel like I'm being heard and my symptoms are being validated. When I express opinions about treatment, I feel like I'm given a full and equal voice to the doctor's opinion. If he disagrees, he is VERY respectful and gives a full explanation of where he is coming from. I'm very grateful I found this rheumatologist because I heard a lot of horror stories.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

I have an unusual form of arthritis and have referred friends with Lyme to him. He is AMAZING. Dr. Kalish takes the time and has an incredible amount of knowledge. (He knows his science- I have a PhD in immunology, so am a pretty good judge.) It is unfortunate that some people with Lyme here are not happy with him. Lyme is tricky. It can go easily undiagnosed for years, which is not necessarily the doctor's fault. More often than not, it is the fault of the tests themselves which are not that great.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

Dr Kalish has been my doctor for over 12 years(I have RA), and has always taken the time to listen to my concerns, suggest therapies, and allow me to make my own decisions (and doesn't get all high and mighty when I don't follow his advice). This office has always run late, but I attribute this to office/hospital management, not the Dr. He has frequently made time for fluid draining/cortizone injections during my office visit, which is helpful as I travel over an hour to see him. He is the only dr I have ever had who takes the time to personally answer phone calls.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2010

He is not a lyme literate doc as the others said. I have since been diagnosed with Lyme disease and it has been apprx 6 months since our appt. I just wonder how much damage has been done to my body since his dismissal of my symptoms as potential Lyme.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

Dr Kalish knows what he is doing and is a kind and is a kind doc wholistens to his patients

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

Dr. Robert A. Kalish's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1986)