You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Mahan Chehrenama

Fantastic physician who pays attention to what you say.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I love visiting with Dr. Chehrenama and her nurse, Cheryl. It's always a pleasant experience and I feel like I'm being listened to throughout the visit. Dr. Chehrenama always has thoughts and ideas for my treatment and how to keep improving it. Because of her, I've been able to return to work part-time. I drive four hours to see her and it's well worth the trip. I highly recommend her to anyone with chronic migraines.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

I will refer her to anyone who has been suffering from headaches.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

I saw her for post concussion symptoms after seeing multiple other neurologists. She gave the best explanations and came up with a comprehensive plan for treatment. I liked her very much.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Im saw that Dr.Chehrenama about 1year ago and I knew this doctor is rude because of the way she treats you but she was helpful. Now I went back to her because im still very ill and thought maybe she could help me again , but i was wrong. She was worst then when I saw her a year ago. She rolled her eyes she barely let me talk she had negative comments, talk down to me also. I got upset and told her she had no right to treat me this way. I walked out of the office feeling verbally abused. I have Doctors treat me bad in the past and recently but she was the worst. I don't understand what happen with all the Doctors they don't give you the time to hear you, to help you to get better. I have seen so many Doctors and they don't give a**** about helping you like they should that's why they became doctors. Now is all about the money, its all on how much they can get paid from the insurance. I will never go back to her! No Doctor should never treat a pt. with a abuse behavior!!!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Chehrenama by another neurologist. She reviewed all data very thoroughly and came up with a new course of action. She explained everything in detail and has given me more information than all the other previous docs. I will definitely continue with her recomendations.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

Dr. Chehrenama was pushing expensive tests in her office. However, she did not return my calls when I was trying to get my results back. After three weeks of my calling and leaving messages, another doctor called me and explained the results. When I came to follow up appointment with Dr. Chehrenama, she interpreted my results copmletely differently that the previous doctor. I am not sure who is rigt. She again ordered another expensive test and told me "Even if the test results come negative, I will put you on medication as if you have the diagnosis". The test was supposed to be conducted in her office. May be because of that she wanted me to have the test? As for the front office, it is another story. Chehrenama's nurse did not even check the phone messages, they loose the faxes that were sent from my primary phisician's office and MRI place. Front desk ladies are rude.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

I felt like a patient pinball when I returned to Dr. Chehrenama's office. Two years AFTER she'd resolved another medical issue that had proved too tricky for other neurologists to handle. Following a period of better health, I contacted Lyme Disease and was treated by my family physician with the appropriate anti-biotics. After a few months, however, Lyme-like problems and an entirely new stream of symptoms appeared. This entailed excruciating pain(bone/joint/nerve), extreme exhaustion, muscle weakness, and balance difficulties. Lyme tests repeatedly negative. Was referred to one specialist after another: infectious disease doctors, rheumatologists, internists, and sleep study gurus. ALL to no avail. Out of sheer desperation, I went back to Dr. Chehrenama. Two months later, following two visits and a couple of focused diagnostics, she absolutely nailed the proper diagnosis. I now have hope, a viable treatment plan, and a chance to cope w/o uncertainty. Dr. Chehrenama is amazing!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2013

Wow. She was great. I was referred to her after 3 other neurologists could not help me. Very professional and caring.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

Wonderful bedside manner and very detailed evaluation. Definitely would recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Dr. Mahan Chehrenama's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fantastic physician who pays attention to what you say. "

February 17, 2016
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.neuro-headache.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "22301" to "22102". Address has been updated from "None" to "8201 Greensboro Drive". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17032120700".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I love visiting with Dr. Chehrenama and her nurse, Cheryl. It's always a pleasant experience and I feel like I'm being listened to throughout the visit. Dr. C..."

December 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I will refer her to anyone who has been suffering from headaches."

October 13, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I saw her for post concussion symptoms after seeing multiple other neurologists. She gave the best explanations and came up with a comprehensive plan for treatm..."

September 18, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=340627'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

February 22, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=340627'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.5

February 5, 2014