Ratings for Dr. Lali H. Sekhon

He is an outstanding and understanding doctor who did my surgery. I had outstanding results and highly recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Dr. Sehkon is a nice, professional and very informative surgeon and took care of my needs in a very professional manner.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

The office staff had my appointment scheduled the first I called. When Dr. Sekhon looked at my MRI and X-Rays and saw that I was completely decompressed with a severe stenosis with near loss of CSFat at L5/4 and L4/3 representing adjacent segment disease, and also saw the pain I was in they has me scheduled for surgery with in 2 weeks. I'm very grateful to the staff and Dr. Sekhon for helping me get my life back.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

If you were like me and were facing spinal/back surgery, and had heard all of the horror stories that about 90% of the people that had these were the same or worse off than before the surgery, you would certainly try and wait until you found that “top neurosurgeon” that everyone is looking to find. After developing structural problems that my pain management doctor could not address, he ordered a new MRI. After getting the radiologist report he said that he was coming to refer me for a surgical consultation with Dr. Sekhon. That doctor, and two of my other doctors, all said that if they had to have back/spinal surgery that Dr. Sekhon is the only doctor that they would let operate on them. I thought that this was a good recommendation so I set up an appointment to see Dr. Sekhon after he had studied my MRI. My wife went with me to our first visit. We found Dr. Sekhon to be very concerned about my condition and he took a lot of time to review the MRI scans, both from the side and from the to down, and explained what was going on. He said that if I did not have the surgery soon that I risked some of the nerves dying and that would cause permanent paralysis. He explained exactly what he would do in the surgery and had models of the spine for this particular procedure so I could see the results before and after surgery. Even I could see from the MRI scans how bad the compression of my spine had become so I called the next day to set up a date or surgery pending insurance approval. I did have another appointment with one of Dr. Sekhons PA’s who went over all of the pre-surgical procedures so I was completely prepared of what I was facing. They also told me that I would have to go to physical therapy, for from 4 to 10 weeks, after the surgical staples were removed. Dr. Sekhon also told me that it would take 3 months before healing was complete and it would take 12-13 months to fully recover from the surgery assuming that I went for the physical therapy. On the day of surgery Dr. Sekhon came into the pre-surgical area and again explained the procedure in detail and mentioned all of the possible risks and side effects of the surgery. He then had the anesthesiologist come and talk with me about the procedure. Upon waking up in the recovery room I already felt that the pain and numbness in my legs and feet were already gone. He came in my hospital room the next day to talk about the surgery and how well it went. My follow up appointments at 2 and 6 weeks went very well and the physical therapy is helping me to do things that I was not able to do the last 4 years. Dr. Sekhon and his staff took and genuine interest in my case and me as a person. I have absolutely no reservations in recommending him for neurosurgery of any kind. I am only 6 weeks out of the hospital and my recovery seems to be amazingly well. If I would have known the positive outcome of these results I would have HAD this surgery some time GO.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Dr. Sekhon is professional, straightforward, knowledgeable, and respectful. For the first time, he makes surgery sounds like something that I can get my head around. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I swore I'd never have back surgery, because so many people I know had bad results. Dr Sekhon was recommended by my orthopedic surgeon. He, His PA"s, Nurses, & entire staff are amazing. It's been 6 weeks since my triple Laminectomy, & I'm recovering really well. I can't say enough great things Dr Sekhon, & his whole office....

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Dr. Sekhon and his staff are 5 star across the board. Incredible service and care!!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

This is the second experience I have had with Dr. Sekhon and his staff and both times have been equally great. Greg and Jenna are very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. Sekhon saw me after I broke my neck Snowboarding in Mammoth, CA. They air lifted me to Reno to have surgery done by Dr. Sekhon. My first surgery was 8 hours after my injury. I ruptured my c5 and split my c6 in half. They had to go in and pull some pieces of bone out of my spinal cord. I am a 24 year old, very active male. I surf, snowboard, and workout daily. Dr. Sekhon promised me I would be able to do all three again when I was done with my surgery. It has been two months since my surgery and I am thankful for this man everyday of my life. He is most likely the reason I am walking today. Being in the hospital the first night alone was one of the scariest , loneliest, nights of my life. Everyone in the ICU was AMAZING and made sure I had everything I needed. Dr. Sekhon, and the whole staff at the hospital in Reno, thank you for everything!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Dr. Lali Sekhon has been a true blessing in my life. 7 years ago I had a bad snowboarding accident in Mammoth, CA and I was diagnosed with a severe L2 burst fracture with spinal cord compression. I needed emergency surgery and was lucky enough to have Dr. Sekhon perform the procedure. From the moment we met them, Dr. Sekhon and his team communicated compassionately and thoroughly to my family and I about what was happening, and always made sure we understood what my plan of care was. I barely have a scar from the surgery, and am confident that it is because of his care and expertise that I'm walking today. Dr. Sekhon did an amazing job from start to finish, and today I am walking, doing yoga, surfing, started a business, and am enjoying life like I was before my accident. Dr. Sekhon has followed up with me consistently since the accident. Even though I'm living across the country now, I can contact him as needed with questions and direction for care. He is prompt with providing me answers to many the many questions I had after my procedure, and has been there for me all the way. I highly recommend Dr. Sekhon to anyone looking for exceptional care, cutting edge medical treatment, and a positive and bright ending to what might have at first looked like a life changing tragedy.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015