Ratings for Dr. Lali H. Sekhon

My wife has had two surgeries, cervical relief on C5 to C7 and lumbar fusion with laminectomy on L3-L5. Dr. Sekhon explained options, showed immense knowledge, followed up effectively, was empathetic yet cautious because of the risks. In the operating theater, this surgeon is a magician and twice gave my wife's life back to her. His staff, like Dr. Greg and Tiffany, also are at the highest standard. Even the post-op braces and routines are detailed to maximize the careful work shown in the operating room. They do not come better than this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Dr. Sekhon cares about the patient and makes sure the patient understands all options. He does whatever he can so the patient can avoid surgery if it is absolutely not needed.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Dr. Sekhon and his entire staff could not have been better during a very stressful time for me and my family. Dr. Sekhon was very patient in explaining the reason for surgery and was great about answering all my questions. Most importantly, he was able to put me at ease on the morning of surgery with his confident and relaxed manner. The post-operative care was also first rate. Someone was available around the clock to answer questions or concerns that I had during the recovery period and when I had to leave a message for someone that wasn’t immediately available, I always got a same-day return call. I have since talked to people in the Reno area, both lay people and people within the medical profession, and have gotten very positive opinions of Dr. Sekhon from every one of them. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Sekhon to friends and family.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2017

Have seen Dr Sekhon twice prior to making surgery decisions. Once alone, once with my wife along. He took an hour or so to answer every possible question and he allayed concerns and instilled confidence that I was making the correct decision in having a 3 level acdf. As all of us become a bit older we end up seeing a few more doctors. I have never had greater confidence or trust in a Doctor than I have in Dr Sekhon. His humanity, knowledge and dedication to excellence inspire my unwavering belief that I have selected and entrusted the very best person as well as the most skilled Neurosurgeon to care for me. Having this level of confidence going into surgery is a rare gift.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Dr. Sekhon is very thorough. He exhausts all possible non surgical intervention before resorting to surgery. His communication with you is complete. He always has time for more questions if you need that. Because of that my experience with Dr. Sekhon and his staff was positive.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Dr. Sekhon is on a mission I think. He is beyond a doubt the most dedicated professional doctor I have ever met. Beyond his skill as a first rate physician, he has a unique ability to put one at ease and allow you to see the possible enhancement he can do for you. He doesn't mince words, he's up front with you and he knows he's not God. He's just a man that has great skill intellectually and verbally to allow your choice to be the most informed and correct for YOU the patient. I would recommend him to all who need a neurosurgeon. He's very soft spoken and allows you to really understand the procedures he's proposing. Skill and caring are easily observed in Dr. Sekhon. I will always be honored to have had him as my neurosurgeon and friend. Thank you Dr. Sekhon.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

laminectomy, 5 vertebrae. surgery went very well, almost no pain.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I saw Dr. Sekhon for my chronic back pain. I was constantly bent over from pain. After an MRI and xrays it was determined I had arthritis in one area of my back. He recommended an injection to ease the pain. I had the injection in early July and the pain instantly went away. Due to the pain being arthritic, it may reoccur. I am more than satisfied with Dr. Sekhon and his entire staff.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Dr. Sekhon is very knowledgable and utilizes the most conservative therapies before suggesting surgery. He allows patients a great deal of decsion making power over their health care options.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

One word describes Dr. Sekhon. EXCELLENT!! He is very through and explains everything so you understand it. He gives you all the options you have and does not rush you to make a decision.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017