Ratings for Dr. Vivek Mahendru

I have been going to Dr. Mahendru's office since June 2004, so almost 11 years for back issues. He was the only doc. that didn't try to tell me how I was feeling or shouldn't be feeling. I moved 5 hours away 6 yrs ago. but have stayed with them because I don't want the hassle of switching docs. Now every time I go they ask,. Are you going to switch to a closer doc? Would you like reference? They never send my refills for scripts to the right pharmacy, they send it to pharmacys in Austin. WHERE I DON'T LIVE. When I bring it to their attention, the staff, talks to me like I'm stupid. The Pa's that I see in appts. Don't listen and don't put what I tell them in my file....if it weren't that I only go every 4 mths. for Med. Refills, I think I would look for a new doc.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

He only cares about the cash you will get him not your health. Caught him tring to inject me with steriods after I was told by a surgeon that it was killing by hips and knees/ not good for my health. Mahindru said he wouldn't inject me with steriods and that he was going to try something new. But I caught him lying when I asked the nurses what was in the syringes, it was steriods. 20% lidocaine 80% steriods they said. He actualy lied for three months about it until I finally got pissed and said I know what was in those syringes. All of the sudden all the other patients at my work seeing him for thier health did not get injections any more because he was busted. Now he is trying to practice in Bastrop, TX. Beware of him.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2008

After years of going from one pain center to another they are all alike. My appt was a 10:00am I got there 20 minutes early to fill out paper work and still sat in the waiting room for 30 minutes before I was called back... As I sat waiting I overheard the staff telling someone on the phone who called to tell them they were going to be there late that it was too bad if your 15 minutes late you must reschedule. How inconvenient for that poor patient who is in pain and doing their best to get there on time. Maybe they had a flat tire or something. Who cares?? In my honest opinion ..... not this pain center or any other center of this type.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2008

He is by far the finest, most knowledgeable pain specialist I have ever met--His office staff in both the Austin and Georgetown clinics are fine and considerate people. I know I am in good hands as he treats a very unusual and painful neurological condition, Syringomyelia. I have recommended him and will continue to do so. He deserves the highest rating!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2006

Dr. Vivek Mahendru's Credentials

• Dayanand Med Coll, Punjab Univ, Ludhiana, Punjab, India (Grad. 1989)