Ratings for Dr. Michael Farmer

I truly adore Dr Farmer. He treats are whole family. He is always caring, respectful and truly listens before suggesting a plan of action. The wait times on the phone can be a hassle but I find the online booking system so wonderful and actually better as I can choose the time that works best for me. I have also attended the walk in clinic which is a bonus for patients. I had a different doctor from the clinic who was also good and also gave the update to Dr Farmer which was fantastic.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

De Farmer is the best!! I feel so lucky to have him. He is thoughtful and caring.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Been seeing Dr Farmer for 20 years. He really cares and has never had a missed prognosis. He delivered both my complicated births successfully and with no complications. Very caring knowledgable Doctor. I respect him a great deal

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

He was there when I was born and has been a wonderful, helpful, and knowledgeable Physician. I am going to miss him when I leave.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Wonderful doctor. So supportive with my preterm pregnancy and a subsequent pregnancy. Caring towards my father who needed palliative care. Feel so fortunate to have him as our family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Been going to Doctor Farmer for 25 years! He's the absolute best!!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Love doctor Farmer. He has always been great for me and my family.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

He prescribed 1500 T3's in the last year for my father who was suffering from dementia and who is now trying to recover from decades of an unknown codeine addiction. I don't know how this is acceptable. He does have back pain, but how much of it is made worse from the T3's.. also long term effects of long term usage may have caused a lot of his cognitive and constant internal problems. It is almost impossible to get through on the phone line. Incredibly frustrating.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Dr Farmer is a great Dr. And I was so happy with his team I opted to have him look after my next pregnancy as well. I'm a high risk patient with gittlmans syndrome. My last daughter was born at 27 weeks. But caught up in the first six months. I was treated with kindness and respect even though I had home issues with my spouse's abuse. Thank you so much Dr Farmer renee

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Michael Farmer's behaviour torwards me during my labour and childbirth at BC Women’s Hospital was disrespectful, neglectful, and insulting. He advised me to undergo induction of labour procedure without obtaining appropriate informed consent from me and without explaining the procedure adequately. He then failed to provide appropriate supervision to the nurse who was assigned to regulate my oxytocin infusion. Without asking me for consent or permission, he conducted a vaginal exam on me when I was 8 cm dilated and in transition, having extremely strong contractions, and was unable to stop him from doing so. This exam caused me extreme pain, was degrading and insulting, and was extremely detrimental to my labour and subsequent childbirth. Shortly before my baby was born by forceps, he failed to explain to me adequately why forceps was needed but instead, coerced me into agreeing to forceps delivery by threats of C-section and by disrespectful, joking, and insulting behavior.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011