Ratings for Dr. Patricia Anderson

She had me in heavy pain meds and all of a sudden decided to cut me off in 2003 when she was at Waterview medical center in Calgary. She was abusive,rude, narcissistic and I could go on for days! I almost died with coming off the pain meds! I should have been in a hospital withdrawal like that! I did complain in a 12 page letter to the Alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons. I was told I was not the first to be cut off like this by Anderson! In a 4 page reply letter the Board said she should never have cut me off of meds I needed. Not a addict here. She was sanctioned in writing. She soon moved to bc. She told the College she should have counted the pills!?! I never abused them.. The worst Dr in my 48 years!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Anderson for about two years and I think she is a fantastic doctor. I am almost 35 and I've seen my fair share of doctors and let me say I've read some of the other comments on this web site about Dr Anderson and I'm blown away by some of them the only reason I even found this web site is I was recently told Dr Anderson is off and may not be coming back to the office in Abbotsford that I currently see her in. Well I just can't have that happen to the best doctor I've ever had so I'm on here searching to find her at a different location where hopefully I'll be lucky enough to see her again Thank you very much Dr Anderson for being an amazing lady with a fantastic attitude and great sense of humor Crystal Spotts

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

my wife has been seeing dr.anderson as a pain doctor for a few years and me and her joke quite a bit about this and that and i never realy took her to seriously,but just lately i have noticed she is off and on one day grumpy and the next day your best freind,we think it has to do with menapause,and she has to much on her plate with the other meth clinic,so if your not ready to take on a doctor that is up front in your face and says it the way it is,then doctor anderson is not for you,she definatly does not like wimpy people, when it comes to writting persciptions for pain she could have a little more compasion,and maybe check out the whole situation before making a harsh disition and leaving a cancer patientwith out her pain meds

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Dr. Patricia Anderson wow!!!! I suffered from chronic pain and my current medications were no longer working . She said I can get you off your current opiate medications no problem. I will put you on something that will work for you .I am put on methadone . My pain levels went through the roof. I was nearly suicidal . I am a 62 year old male who has been a workaholic all my life very physical working man and I tolerated pain to the point of collapsing . Dr Anderson had no compassion what so ever. She would say things like oh grow a pair and just ignore the pain . I told her my pain levels were a way too high and that she wasn't helping me. She completely lost it and told me that I was just a drug addict and to get out of her office. I said I cant just be kicked out as withdrawal would kill me and she laughed. I argued her long and hard and she yelled down the hall way call the police !! After I refused to leave and called her on her behavior she said ok we will try this again .Well it turns out I am diagnosed with Lupus and my own immune system attacks my joints and destroys them and the soft tissue. She was kicking me out of her office threatened to call the police because I had Lupus . I was insulted and not diagnosed correctly and then she cut me off pain medications . I would not recommend this doctor to anyone and she should see a phycologist to help her with her anger and rages and total lack of compassion . I see that she has since moved to another office as there is a pattern of when theres too many complaints I assume she is off to another office to start the process all over again , Sooner or later you run out of offices

Submitted April 29, 2017

Dr Anderson has been my GP for 10 years- she is the absolute BEST & has literally saved my life many times over. I've got serious, chronic illnesses and also a burn survivor with 2nd & 3rd degree burns to 85% of my body. Dr A is caring, compassionate & has gone way beyond the call of duty to help me.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Anderson is definitely one of the more knowledgeable doctors out there. I used to work as a nurse and I have worked with my share of doctors and have seen all sorts of different types of "bedside manners". In a doctor I want someone who puts my medical interests first and foremost and that's what Dr. Anderson does. Over the past 3 or 4 years I have had a few medical issues, a few surgeries and through it all, she has made sure that every test applicable was ordered, and referred me to the best surgeons. Her bedside manner is exactly what it should be for a GP. She deals with the issue at hand, in great detail, working with me and doesn't stop researching and trying different medications until we find a solution for the problem. She is professional in every sense of the word. Judging by some of the comments on here, people are looking for a friend or for someone to give them some attention, rather than for someone whose main interest is to help them with their medical problems. It's very sad that a phenomenal doctor's reputation could potentially be tarnished by a few sad, lonely soles who didn't get the emotional attention they were looking for. I would recommend Dr. Anderson to anyone that wants serious results, and exemplary medical care....

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

Patti Anderson should not call herself a doctor. She was so rude to me. Called me "Cancer Girl" to my face, and intentionally made me cry over where Premarin estrogen comes from. When I went for a physical, I asked about blood work or urine samples, as my former doctor who had recently retired always gave me a thorough exam each year. She told me not to worry about blood work or urine samples, because I was too young for anything to go wrong. I don't understand how she could justify this thought, especially knowing that I had recovered from cancer. She didn't care about me or my health. Just in and out and submit her bill to the MSP. Luckily, my sister was able to get me in with her doctor, who knew Patti Anderson - her poor reputation is known by real doctors. If you value your health and think name-calling is unprofessional, do not see this "doctor".

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

She is incredibly knowledgeable, she's been my doctor for 2 years. She always thorough and asks about me and my life which she knows has been hard lately. She may have strong views on certain subject but saying she does not care is going too far. Don't people realize the reason you wait so long at other Dr's is because they see patients for multiple issues per one appointments. Everyone complains about the wait but then you complain about the one issue per appointment talk about flippant. I don't work for her nor am I her friend I'm her patient. I'm surprised by what I'm reading I just typed in her name for a phone number!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

I find it pretty dumb for people to think the positive comments are fake. Obviously there are patients she likes and those she doesn't. I see her once a month and in 3 weeks this time to see if my anti depressants are working. If she didn't give a flying frick she would not have asked me to come in in 3 weeks to see if this one worked. She just let me call in on my own if it didn't. I've seen her loose it but I've seen very rude patients aswell. I've seen patients walk out being called bunny just like me. She either like you or not not everyone hates her this is bordering on bullying. Saying she should join ISIS. ??? In my case she knows what she's talking about. And personally I think many people overuse Dr's for things public health nurses and pharmacys could handle!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

The only reason anyone would have to dislike her is if she hasn't given you exactly what you want because shes one of the few smart enough doctors to know whether or not your problem is really worth a prescription. Grow up and get some knowledge anyone on here bashing her is simply mad they didn't get their way, that's too bad. She's incredibly knowledgeable and great at her job.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016