Ratings for Dr. Teresa D. Kowalczyk

Dr. K is a real person that I can normally talk with about my problems.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

I used her almost 9 years ago with the birth of my daugther. My experience was awful. I paid cash and had to be paid in full within 6 months, this was no problem. She is very distant, not friendly and I had schedule the birth of my baby around her schedule. Unfortunely, she was due on Christmas Day and she told me "I don't work on Christmas". So my daughter was scheduled to be induced on 12/15 and she was born with jaundice! The Anesthesilogist did not believe in inducment and would not give me a full epideral, so I was in severe pain. Run from this DR. and the staff at the time were very hateful!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

I have had two children thru Dr. K's office. I love her! To be honest I had two high risk pregnancies thru her. She always explained everything in detail. My pregnancy was scary, but I felt so confident in her. Her staff always remembered me by name and I was always told how much my upcoming appoinments were going to cost. My first child was born over two months early. I had to have an emergency c-section. Dr. K spoke to me and explained everything in detail that was going to happen. She talked to me during my c-section asking if I was ok and how I was doing. I would highly recommened her to EVERYONE. She made me feel confident that WE were going to be ok.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

Never got to meet the doctor, frankie however ,her asistant, Rubbed me the wrong way and was too rude and unprofessianal for my taste since day one. Way to nosey, asking alot of personal life questions, Also ignoring me and telling my MOTHER congrats on MY pregnancy, Too over opinionated, Im twenty not 16 and apparently a pregnant 20 year old is the end of the world, Very rude no going back finding another doctor as we speak, to pay for with MY insurance.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

I love love love dr k and her entire staff!!! True she is very blunt and doesn't sugar coat anything, but that's what I really like about her. This is my first, so I'm clueless as to whats going on & she and Frankie and the entire staff have been very informative the whole process. If youre looking for a doctor to cater to yor feelings, Dr K isn't for you, but if you want a Dr who will tell it like it is & get the job done effectively and efficiently, she is the right choice :)

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE! My daughter has been using Doctor Kowalczyk for her first child and her experiences have not been good. They don't seem to really care if you understand what is going on. They rush you in and out like cattle. My daughter is almost in tears after each appointment because of the rudeness and lack of explaination. They seem to be a bit more courteous and informative if I am present with my daughter, only because I push them for answers. I would say definitly DON'T use this doctor to deliver you baby if want a happy experience......

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

She may know what she's doing but she sure doesn't tell you whats going on. Its my first child, and they treat you like you should know everything already. Never leave time to answer questions, in and out of the room in about 5 mins. If I weren't so darn far along I'd change my Dr. Honestly If they made me wait 30 mins but treated me like a human I would be fine but instead you have to wait, and when they finally get to you you're rushed through the appointment. I've never left her office feeling I know whats going on. I always leave with more questions, that she never leaves time to answer. If its your first child I would choose a different doctor.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Yes, Kowalczyk is a bit cold with her bedside manner. At my first exam I did feel a bit like cattle. With that said, I do feel as if she diagnosed me in a timely manner and was doing her best to help me. If you are overweight she isn't going to sugarcoat her medical opinion/diagnosis. I feel she wants you to know the severity of it. After reading horror stories of docs diagnosing PCOS I am very happy to of found her. This is something she is knowledgeable about and she is thorough. If you are a sensitive person she may not be the doctor for you.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

Dr. K is not the best when it comes to High Risk Pregnancies. I have always left her office in tears convinced that me and my baby are going to die. She does not have a positive attitude toward overweight women with any minor or major complications. And has told me multiple times that the only thing I can do to help my self is to have WLS. I am a Type 2 Diabetic with well controlled sugars, exercise regularly and watch everything I eat. I have followed her every instruction strictly and I leave her office feeling more depressed than when I came in. She is cold, calculating, negative and has treated me with a dismissal and disdainful attitude that I detest. She doesn't ask if I have questions or take time to listen to any of my concerns even when I specifically tell her I have questions.If you're skinny and in great shape you probably have nothing to worry about. Otherwise you will most likely be discriminated against no matter how hard you try. Her staff eventually warm up to you.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

I chose Dr. Kowalczyk for the birth of my first child. All of my o.b. appointments went great except for one towards the end of my pregnancy when I was forced to wait over 2 hours and did not receive ANY assistance when I told them my BP levels were unsafe (verfied by the fire dept). I was very disappointed in my birthing experience with Dr. Kowalczyk. She was called when the nurse determined it was time for me to "push". She was at her home about 20 minutes from the hospital. I ended up having to "half push" for almost two hours waiting on her. She arrived, I pushed two times, and my daughter was born. I ended up having significant tearing due to my daughter's head being where it was for that amount of time. I will never use her again as an o.b. On the other hand, her nurse practitioner is the most wonderful "doc" I have seen for my yearly checkups. Until I have another baby I will continue to use the practitioner but NEVER AGAIN Dr. Kowalczyk as an o.b.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. Teresa D. Kowalczyk's Credentials

• Slaska Akademia Med, Katowice, Poland (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Greenville, TX