Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth A. Garreau

Wonderful kind experienced doctor! She has helped me through several different Gyn conditions, she always explains things in such a clear way and gives me great information so that I can make choices about my care. I got her name from several co-workers who all go to her, we have all been very happy with her care over the years.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Dr Garreau is the worst MD I've ever met in my entire life.She was condescending, did not listen to me,did not even examine me, made fun of my primary physician (who is very good by the way), and made me feel bad about my previous medical diagnoses.I could also hear her and staff talk about me in the hallway. Worst bedside manner, does not care about patients, has no empathy. Very upsetting experience.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

I have had Dr. Garreau as my obgyn for several years. She is always upbeat, thorough, and totally on the ball in my experience. I would recommend her to anybody of any age.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

Dr. Garreau was very upsetting as a doctor. When I had a miscarriage she would not let the radiologist put her on the phone to speak to me, and told the ER to hold me in the waiting room w/ severe contractions,vomitting and heavy bleeding from 3:00 am until she came in at 7:30 am. Both the radiologist and the ER personnel seemed surprised by the way she handled things. The backup doctor for the practice for my delivery when I did have a baby was horrible and when I wanted to discuss my experience with Dr. Garreau, she brushed us off and was not willing to listen. I left the practice after that.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012

Love, love, love Dr Garreau and her partner and staff. They took wonderful care of me during my first pregnancy. I am quite anxious and admittedly can be a bit neurotic, yet they answered every question and concern I had promptly. I'm sure when they heard my voice they probably though, not her again!, but they never made me feel that way. I had a great pregnancy and Dr Garreau delivered my beautiful baby boy. We're trying to get pregnant again and you better believe I will be knocking on their door again!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

The staff doesn't seem very interested in helping a patient with follow-up on administrative matters. I get the feeling that once you see the doctor and they get your payment that everything else is unimportant. I really like this doctor, but I'm beginning to think it's time for a change. I've been a patient with this doctor for many years, however, I feel devalued by the lack of followup from the rest of the staff.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

She is the best Dr. I have had in awhile. She did induce my on my due date and was very helpful during labor and delivery. She kept my husband and I calm when I started to bleed heavily and she was very helpful after the baby came when we found out I was anemic. I would recommend them to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

I am so glad I found her! No one had diagnosed my problem, she did a great (very comfortable) exam and ran the right tests. Yes, her staff called with results (that's their job!). I went back in to discuss my new diagnosis and she gave me a great explanation of my choices. I picked one, and I feel so much better now! Nice staff, pleasant doctor, great care!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

Dr Garreau was my doctor when I live the area prior to 2005. I really liked her so she was my first choice when moving back this year. My experience this time around was completely different. My apt felt rushed and when my blood work came back I had a number of concerns and requested Dr Garreau call me but the second call came from the receptionist who rattled off my results but was unable to answer any of my questions. Overall a very disappointing experience and I will not be returning.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2009

I am so glad I found her! I was told I needed a hysterectomy for my bleeding problem. She took the time, went through about 5 other options, carefully explained pros and cons of each. It was wonderful to feel informed and able to make a good decison. I had an endometrial ablation and haven't bled one drop since! She's great!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2009

Dr. Elizabeth A. Garreau's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Practicing in Northern Virginia since 1990, small personal two-woman practice

• French

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 1986)

• Pap smear
  • Menopause
  • Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)