Ratings for Dr. Paul D. Wenzel

Dr Wenzel might have some knowledge, but overall he comes across really rude. I almost felt like I just wasted time for nothing...he doesn't seem too communicate well and it really seems he is just ready to be over with your apt and be onto the next patient. I was very disappointed.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

Dr. Wenzel is arrogant. He thinks he's Doctor god. I asked his staff to have him call me back, and, of course, he didn't. If he had, the problem I had with him would have been resolved. Doctor god is a good name for him.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2014

Dr Wenzel has been our family doctor for nearly 10 years and he is very good at what he does. I appreciate the fact that the educates me on my condition by explaining it, the latest research about it and then follows up with printed material I can take home with me to read. He is unfailingly polite but is a no-nonsense-tell-it-like-it-is type of Doctor who doesn't sugar coat information - he treats you like a mature adult who can handle the good and bad of it. His staff is first rate; kind, caring and friendly and extremely responsive.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

Smart, knowledgable, obviously very experienced. Listens, answers questions, and tells it like it is. Inspires confidence. My kind of doctor.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

Dr Wenzel did not even diagnose my condition. Basically told me to lose 20lbs and my feet would stop hurting. I have already lost 35lbs in a yr and my feet did not start hurting until AFTER I lost the weight!!!! He would not listen to my symptoms or concerns. Told me my diet was poor without asking me what I normally eat. Needless to say I didn't lose 35lbs eating unhealthy. Looked up ball of foot pain on internet and found that I most likely have metatarsalgia, which happens from walking and running. Which I have been doing to lose the weight. I didn't develop foot pain eating bon bons with my feet propped up as he insinuated.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

Dr. Wenzel is condescending and arrogant. He ignores your input. He is far too concerned about getting to his next patient. I have been his patient for a few years. I never felt that he was caring. I am leaving the practice because I want a doctor who feels diagnosis is a collaborative effort and listens to me instead of making me feel like I am stupid. I left the office in as much pain as when I came with no medication or suggestions as to what to do to relieve my pain. You would be better off to choose another doctor. I know I will be.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

Dr Wenzel is an excellent doctor. He is very knowledgable. He's solved every health problem I've ever brought to him. He's genuinely concerned with my health. He is very intelligent and articulate, and takes the time to explain what is wrong with you and your options. I have recommended him to others and they come away with the same opinion. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

Dr. Wenzel is very knowledgeable and shows a genuine concern for his patient. He appears to stay on top of current research and studies and has been pretty much right on with his diagnosis of health problems. My only issue is that he occasionally appears to be tired to the point of not focusing well during the visit or disinterested. This is not the norm, but does appear to be the case from time to time.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2008

I have noticed over time that he is not as easy to deal with as he used to be. However, he is very knowledgeable and skilled. The worst thing I have seen from this Dr. is that he limits the questions you have and then he will say, make another appointment to discuss that. He can be very rude about that and with insurance co-pays being so expensive, that can cause hardships for the average person. Over all though, he has always been on target with me and right everytime.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2008

He is very cavalier and not willing to answer many questions. He refused to give me a referral for a specialist and his staff is now refusing to send my records to a new doctor. i have been with the practice for several years and its only recently that he has become unfriendly to deal with.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2007

Dr. Paul D. Wenzel's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Oxford