Dr. Fayek N. Shamma

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Fayek N. Shamma

I have been seeing Dr. Shamma since 2007. I have 2 beautiful children due to his excellent care. He and his staff have always made me feel like I was their priority. Do you have to wait? Yes. He is no different than any other specialist. They have a lot of patients and try to meet the needs. I would gladly wait to see him he is a excellent doctor and really knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

If you want to do IVF then I'm sure he will be great but that seems like his solution for EVERYBODY. I went to see Dr. Shamma because of recurrent miscarriages. He immediately ordered a bunch of blood work and when the results came back he said we needed IVF. We asked why but he gave very little explanation. My husband and I felt like we were rushed through our appointment and treated like an assembly line. After getting a second opinion, we found the blood tests were unnecessary and IVF is not needed. Luckily we saved thousands of dollars by getting a second opinion.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

I've been TTC since the last year and half now. I saw an ER, who just placed me on clomid and no tests or follow. When I moved, she referred me to Dr Shamma, who diagnosed that I have PCOS. He's knowledgeable, and up to date with current information. Currently under his care now, and hopefully, hubby and I will get the good news soon, by God's grace.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

After many failed attempts and misguidance from a previous doctor my husband and I began to lose hope in ever becoming parents to a child of our own. That's until we met with Dr Shamma. After meeting with Dr Shamma we regained all hope and had 100% confidence in him. And rightly so. He's very caring, knowledgable and honest.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

Make sure you have a lot of extra time allotted - appointments with Dr. Shamma were always at least an hour behind schedule. Our IVF attempts with him failed, but another doctor helped us conceive without IVF.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

Fantastic doctor, very knowledgeble, attentive & very helpful. Me & my husband was suffering from unexplained infertility for 6 yrs. When we planned to go in for IVF, went to many REs but liked Dr.Shamma's demeanor, knowledge & confidence. We were his patients at the Ypsilanti branch. He has gr8 bedside manners & he knew us by name, which was real nice. We went through the procedure & had 6 embryo's during the transfer, he reccomended single embryo transfer which we followed & the rest was frozen. The REs previously I went to, all wanted to transfer 2-3 embryos b'cuz they cared more about the success rates, but I liked Dr.Shamma's approach, he was not only confident but also he cared & focussed more about healthy viable pregnancy. My embryo did get implanted & I am 3 months pregnant and this was my first IVF. During my first trimester all my ultrasounds were done by Dr.Shamma & he was always ready with answers for our questions & concerns. I would highly reccomend him.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

Dr. Shamma is an excellent, caring and wonderful doctor. He really puts time and effort into treating his patients and gets to know them really well. He has great knowledge and experience in his field. I highly recommend him!!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2008

Dr. Shamma and his staff have been absolutely wonderful! I saw Dr. Shamma for infertility that may be caused by my hypothyroidism, PCOS, and a blood disorder. I went to a Reproductive Endocrinologist years ago and felt as if she never addressed any of my issues. That was definitely not the case with Dr. Shamma. He has been proactive and attentive. It is apparent he is knowledgeable and up-to-date with modern medicine. I have a beautiful baby on the way thanks to God, one IVF cycle, and great care from Dr. Shamma and staff. PS, his website offers a lot of info. on IVF procedures: http://www.midwestivf.com/ (My husband and I had the ICSI and TESA procedures done).

flag | Submitted October 20, 2008

Dr. Shamma is a very caring man. From my 1st appt. I could tell we would click. After one round of IVF I was pregnant! Dr. Shamma did all of his ultrasounds and knew our names when he say my husband and I in the hall. We were blessed to have Dr. Shamma as our dr.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2008

Dr. Fayek N. Shamma's Credentials

Dr F. Nicholas Shamma is a founding member of IVF Michigan Fertility Center and one of the leading reproductive endocrinologists and infertility specialists in Michigan and Ohio. Dr F. Nicholas Shamma is American Board Certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. He has performed over 8,000 IVF cases and has helped several thousand couples achieve their dreams of parenthood. Dr F. Nicholas Shamma has over 150 publications and abstracts in the fields of obstetrics, gynecology, and infertility. One of his papers on the incidence of intra-amniotic infection, and causes of preterm delivery of twins is one of the 50 most quoted papers in the field of obstetrics and gynecology according to the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr F. Nicholas Shamma is a very caring and an expert physician that understands not only the medical, but also the emotional toil of infertility on his patients. He offers them personalized care and compassion. This explains his success rates (one of the highest in the USA) in IVF, and also explains why he performs more IVF cases than any other specialist in the state of Michigan. Education: Dr F. Nicholas Shamma received his Medical Degree from the American University of Beirut in 1985 with the highest distinction and was the first in his class during all four years of medical school. Following that, he began his internship at Yale New Haven Hospital in 1986. Dr F. Nicholas Shamma completed his residency and training in Obstetrics and Gynecology under the guidance of Chairman Professor Frederick Naftolin at Yale New Haven Hospital in 1990. He then went on to complete two externships at Harvard University in Gynecological Oncology and Gestational Trophoblastic Disease. In 1992, Dr F. Nicholas Shamma completed his two year fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at Yale University under Director Professor Alan DeCherney. Awards: Dr F. Nicholas Shamma was the recipient of the Pavlov Anatomy Award, the only award offered at the American University of Beirut Medical School. During his clinical residence at Yale University, Dr. Shamma received The Andrew Friedman Award offered to the best graduating clinical chief resident at Yale University

• American Univ Of Beirut, Fac Of Med, Beirut, Lebanon (Grad. 1985)
  • Yale University (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bloomfield Hills, MI