Ratings for Dr. Meredith W. Cousin

I was referred to Dr. Cousin for sleep medicine. According to her practice's web site, she is a "sleep disorders specialist." At my visit with her, she said "I have an idea of some medications I can put you on, but need to speak with your psychiatrist first." After I had seen her once and seen her NP once for a follow-up on medications I have yet to be prescribed, I was told by her assistant that she is not a sleep specialist. I had my psychiatrist call her to find out what medications she wanted to prescribe me. She told the psychiatrist she is not a sleep specialist and that she has no idea what to prescribe me. I waited 8 weeks to find this out.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

Dr. Cousin has been with me since my first MS exacerbation in June 2008. I meet with her every 3 to 4 months for check ups and testing. At 31 years old, I was at first reluctant to accept my diagnosis. I would research different testing options and treatments and Dr. Cousin would discuss them with me and even order the tests in some cases, even when she knew what the outcome would be. I feel like she's a partner with me on this MS journey and is always supportive, accessible, and kind. I have recommended her to several family members and friends. The office staff at her Franklin location are wonderful, however, the office staff at the St. Francis Hospital location are often rude and act as if the patients are interrupting their social time.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Cousin for a little over a year for severe headaches. I have found her to be not only very knowledgeable, but compassionate as well. She has discussed several treatment options with me - both pros and cons - and let me make the decision, rather than just telling me what she is going to do for me. The only drawback is that since she is at more than one location, I have had to reschedule a couple of appointments. Other than that, I would recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2008

her bedside manner was left back at school if she learned it at all. no helpful information just wants to over medicate and turn you lose. if we hadn't gone elsewhere and gotten much better treatment and shown she was over medicating I would probably be dead.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2007

I always had to wait in the waiting room and also in the exam room for an excessive amount of time. She has little knowledge of Chiari malformation (neurological disorder) and didn't even want to acknowledge it. Kept going in circles around it. Wants to keep medicating you, even though you tell her nothing works. She just gives you more or wants to up your meds. If you have a rare disorder or one that doesn't get much attention, she is not the one for you.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2006

Dr. Meredith W. Cousin's Credentials

• French

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1999)