Ratings for Dr. Paul J. Mackoul

Dr. Mackoul is the best there is! He was kind and understanding, explained everything that would happen during my surgery, and did an amazing job! I called him time and time again with questions after my surgery and he was always helpful. He is the best!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Awesome experience for both surgeries, the doctor explained step by step what would happen and everything went well.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

The staff was very friendly + professional. Dr. MacKoul was very informative. The staff provided me with all the info I needed both before & after the surgery.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. MacKoul is the GREATEST. Dr.MacKoul explained both my gyn health issues with sheer grace,releiving my fear.For every kind word in the universe..Dr.MacKoul fits directly into that circle....ladies women of all ages and ethnicities..if ever you have gyn health issues..Dr.MacKoul is the best the greatest DOCTOR EVER. Dr.MacKoul was great at explaining intensely the process of my procedure.This is my second time being in the care of Dr.MacKoul..very little barely visible minimal scaring..My healing time was great with very little discomfort.My overall experience was beyond the greatest expectations of care.Dr.MacKoul comforts and care for you as if you were part of his family.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. MacKoul is fabulous. He explained my gyn issues in depth, explained the surgery in detail and was very comforting. After the surgery, I had no difficulties at all and no bleeding. He truly is a magical surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Everyone that I met, everyone that I had an interaction with was concerned, professional and positive towards me. I felt I was in confident, knowledgeable hands.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

The surgery and office visits were great! I have been sick with fibroid tumors for several years. This was avseemless process under Dr MacKoul.He and staff are informative and caring. Thank you so much!!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Innovations and staff and doctors have made every step of this process comfortable for me. I am very thankful. The previous doctor that was going to perform my surgery did not listen, did not explain nor took the time. Dr. MacKoul was patient and fully explained the procedure. He even took time to answer my questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Very awesome experience, minimal to no pain afterwards how great is that, no bleeding, the Dr. was really on point with all the preparation before and after the procedure, l really like the facility where it took place, the staff was very friendly and handle you with care. I would recommend Dr. Mackoul without hesitation.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

The staff are very friendly. I was able to get an appointment ASAP and the forms and instructions were online and straightforward. Dr. MacKoul explained the procedure and answered my questions. The surgeon and surgical staff were great and made me feel very comfortable. The preop instructions were clear. The postop instructions were right on and very helpful. The best part about the surgery was that it was an in/out procedure with no pain after the surgery. Also very minimal to no bleeding after the procedure. Great surgeon and team. The facility was clean, made me feel comfortable, and all of the staff were friendly and helpful. Everything was great from the initial appointment to the surgery. I have no suggestions since my experience was wonderful.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr. Paul J. Mackoul's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Paul MacKoul, MD is lead surgeon and director of The Center for Innovative GYN Care, board certified in Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology. He is also Director of Gynecologic Laparoscopy at Holy Cross Hospital, former Director of GYN Oncology at George Washington University Hospital and Washington Hospital Center as well as former faculty at George Washington University Hospital. Dr. Paul MacKoul MD completed his fellowship in gynecologic oncology at the University of North Carolina, and his residency in OB/GYN at the University of Maryland. He graduated from Medical School at Tufts University after completing a Master’s degree at Vincent T. Lombardi Cancer Center at Georgetown University. Paul MacKoul is a specialist in the treatment of gynecological cancers as well as benign conditions such as fibroids, ovarian masses and endometriosis. Dr. MacKoul and Dr. Danilyants at CIGC developed innovative surgical techniques such as LAAM for minimally invasive myomectomy and DualPortGYN for minimally invasive hysterectomy and resection of endometriosis. Women recover in less than 2 weeks after LAAM surgery and in 1 week after DualPortGYN procedures, with less complications and pain. As a leader in the field of laparoscopy, Dr. MacKoul has presented at major national meetings and has been published in world-renowned medical journals. He is frequently sought as a medical expert on techniques for minimally invasive removal of non-cancerous, pre-cancerous, and cancerous tumors. He was named a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology Designated Surgeon in 2012. He has been named a Top Doctor multiple times by the Washingtonian Magazine as well as Northern Virginia Magazine. Women travel from across the country and around the world for CIGC’s exclusive GYN procedures. You can learn about our travel program on our website at innovativegyn.com. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Paul J. MacKoul, call 888-SURGERY or contact CIGC online.

• English

• University of North Carolina (Grad. 1995)
  • University of Maryland (Grad. 1993)
  • Tufts University (Grad. 1989)

• Uterine fibroids
  • Endometriosis
  • Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
  • Ovarian cysts
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women
  • Uterine prolapse

• Top Doctor Northern Virginia Magazine
  • Top Doctor Washingtonian Magazine
  • Top 10 Doctor - State

• Validation Of LAAM: A Hybrid Technique For Minimally Invasive Myomectomy, SGS
  • Exploring the Patient Decision-Making Process in Choosing Open Hysterectomy, ACOG

Top Urgent Care Centers in Rockville, MD