Ratings for Dr. Faith D. Esterson

I'm not certain whether I should be more at myself or the careless staff because for the 2nd time in a row I waited for an hour or longer before walking out in disgust. My appointment was for 10:45 and I got there 5 minutes early to fill out the customary paperwork and then waited and waited and waited and waited before asking the receptionist how long it was going to be before I was seen. She said I was next and then I watched person after person who arrived after me being called back. When I went up and complained again I was seen by the office manager who informed me that it was likely another 20 minute wait. Unbelievable and their attitude was "oh well". Mind you this is the second time this happened. A year ago I was taken back and waited in an empty room for over an hour and no one stopped in to see me or check on me or apologize for their lateness. Do yourself a favor, if your time matters, check out another dermatologist who cares about their patients. This is indicative of a office manager who doesn't see that the staff including doctors are more responsive and timely.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I have to say, the 2 girls at the front desk both look so miserable! The one girl took 25 mins just to get my son and I checked in. The girl next to her looked miserable and I overheard her being rude to a patient. Another concerning detail I noticed, is how long you wait for such a quick visit! The doctor came in the room for maybe 5 minutes and flew right back out. I will say she was lovely but I wasn't there for lovely. On my way out, I seen a group on the nurses or assistants (whoever they were) standing there chatting so loud about personal things, it just did not look good at all and I seen paperwork with other patient's information on it and if this was my information, I would be HIGHLY upset! Overall, this office seems like a very disorganized and uncaring place!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

My main concern with Dr. Estersons office is the staff. They are unfriendly both in the office and on the phone. They keep very poor records and argue with you over what services you have prepaid for for future use.I love Dr.Esterson but she needs to clean house of her staff.My advice keep good records of any packages you pay for for future use.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

My son had an appointment and waited 2 hours before see Dr. Esterson. I notice that patient that came into the office after my son was being waited first. The receptionist stated that clients call in to put their name on the rooster after lunch hours so they will not wait long. Dr. Esterson saw my sone for only 5 minutes and him a prescribe to dry up acne and out the door.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

I completely loved my experience at her office!! she can spot things out that you would never even notice and I can tell you she is by far one of the sweetest doctors I have ever met and her staff is so professional and were extremely helpful with my needs. As soon as I walked in the door I felt the warmth from the check in receptionist who is extremely pretty and smiled right away and greeted me and the nurse who took me back was so kind and the check out girl was lovely! the whole experience was great and I would recommend this office to anyone looking for a Dermatologist!!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

I was disappointed with the office staff. One of them in particular was rude and very impatient and inconsiderate. I often waited more than 1 hour for scheduled appointments, and when politely complained, was told "this is a doctor's office, expect appointments to be late". Although she was extremely friendly, the doctor flew in and out of the room and barely left time for me to ask questions. She always seemed to be rush. I was also sent bills for appointments that I never made. If you want prompt service, polite staff, and a patient doctor, this place is not for you.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

Dr. Esterson is nice and seems very knowledgable when it comes to her profession. She is very thorough in her examinations. She puts me at ease and has a good bedside manner. I would recommend her. My only suggestion to her office would be to display a little more info on skin cancer and other skin ailments - it seems like you're in a beauty salon when you are surrounded by so many cosmetics.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

Even though for many years I have nicknamed her Dr. Pain for the cuts she needed to make, she is a remarkable Doctor and has taken good care of me, a light skinned redhead... well I used to be. She has found several malignant cancers on me and gotten rid of them. Both Dr and staff work extremely hard and are very nice. Will continue to use and recommend.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

This was a beautiful office that was so poorly run. The doctor flies in and out. She seems to verbally humiliate her staff. Disorganized and disappointed.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

After seeing several dermatologists, I was fortunate enough to get an appointment with Dr. Esterson. After being misdiagnosed several times and using many different medications without any response, Dr. Esterson properly diagnosed me in a matter of minutes. I am now on my way to improvement after months of frustration! She has a lovely bedside manner and is very bright. Her staff is also lovely. I refer everyone I know to see her!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2010

Dr. Faith D. Esterson's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, San Diego, Sch Of Med, La Jolla Ca 92093 (Grad. 1989)