Ratings for Dr. Deena Ages

I have a patient of Dr. Ages for several years. She is not the warmest of doctors I have had met but is no nonsense. If you are looking for her to validate your self-diagnosis she will not do this unless she believes there is some merit to it. All patients are entitled to second opinions by other medical professionals and should be sought if you are not happy with the first one your received. I find her to be diligent, professional, and brutally honest about her time and whether you need to come back. I'm a very busy professional and have been taken aback by this approach but she is not wrong, just honest. I know when I go see her I'm in capable hands.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

I’ve been a registered patient of Deena Ages for over 10 years. Today I took my 2 year old who has seen her multiple times and she rejected him. Her clinic is a walk in but you have the option of being a registered patient or walk in to see her. I am registered my son is not so today she decided she was only taking her registered patients and told him to go elsewhere. Very disappointing will not return to her. I guess it was convinient to see her because of how close she was to Home but you do feel rushed in your visits and I have had to get second opinions in the past when seeing her.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

Out of concern for people’s well being I write this review.... AVOID AVOID AVOID this doctor. There are times when she seems somewhat interested in what you’re experiencing but for the most part she is lacking in compassion, lacking in diagnostic ability (misdiagnosed twice), lacking in bedside manners ( I think she believes professionalism equals detached, condescending, impatient behaviour). God help you if you need her for any long term health concerns.... that truly is a great inconvience for her. Remember it’s not about you when you go in there it’s all about her... her mood... her time... her stress... who cares I don’t feel good doctor!!! There are also other issues such as not being able to make appointments, doesn’t have flexible hours, the office is not the cleanest, doesn’t keep track of your health history digitally she spends the entire time writing down every word you speak like a stenographer rather than listening and diagnosing ... There are a lot of great doctors in this city In my opinion this isn’t one of them!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2018

I and my wife have been visiting Dr. Ages for more than a year and have found her to be extremely professional, courteous and prompt. It has been a surprise to see the ratings by some other folks here, I am not sure why these rated her so low but in my opinion and own personal experience I have never had any bad experience at all. She is thorough in her work, takes care of explaining all necessary details and is quick to act on any problems. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I am very surprised to hear all this negative talk about Dr Ages (my god sent. )My original doctor left me stranded 5 years ago she was great and I never thought I would find another doctor that I would love as much as I loved her. Well the fact is I then found Doctor Ages and I forgot my old doctor so fast it wasn't even funny Dr Ages is not rude ! She is a no nonsense doctor who cannot afford to waste her time. She has so many loyal patients that she has to give them priority to walk ins. I too was rejected more than once until I became her devoted patient. She knows exactly to word things to not trigger panic in someone like me. No sugar coating but careful. She is extremely knowledgeable and very comforting and reassuring. I am so happy I met her and I owe a lot to her. I was very lost after losing my doctor after 30 years. I have referred her to close family and friends. I simply adore her !

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

I first visited Dr. Ages upon referral from my sister. She was great the first time I met her! On my second visit she was rude, unhelpful; would not send me out for blood tests; she would not listen to my concerns and told me flat out that she is really busy with her " family patients" and that I should go see my primary doctor and have them refer me / do tests. I did tell her I didn't have a family doctor and she told me she was not accepting patients .The entire time I sat there and expressed all my concerns she kept trying to leave and told me more than once that she was very busy, it was likely nothing. She is my sisters Family Doctor. My sister loves her and she really has been there to assist my sister in all the ways a doctor can. My opinion of her is simply that she is a good Doctor, but if you are just a walk in patient she doesn't care about you or your concerns; she cant be bothered wasting her time on you and simply doesn't care about your well being.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Very rude, I have been going to this clinic for year, other staff and doctors are fantastic, she is rude.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Dr. Ages is a fantastic doctor. I cannot understand why these negative reviews. She is sweet, caring, calm, intelligent & knows the best Specialists. Rude? Makes no sense to me. Maybe for those of you who thought she was rude just didn't hear what you wanted from her. I have been going to her for 5 years now. Have referred her to all of the females in my life. NONE have a single bad word to say. The staff can be rude and unprofessional. She needs her own office.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Worst experience I've ever had with a doctor, very rude and unprofessional...

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

I laughed out loud at some of the ridiculous comments left on here about this doctor. She is an excellent doctor and was referred to her through a friend after my previous family doctor retired. She was thorough and ATTENTIVE .. she was professional and did all required testing I needed in seeing her for the first time. Her bedside manners are exemplary an I wish more doctors were like this. When I'm seeking medical service's I'm not seeking to be cuddled.. she is straight forward and has always given me great referrals. I have recommended her to many family and friends and continue to do so.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016