Ratings for Dr. Ryan Funk

We were seeing Dr. Funk as we were undergoing our IVF cycle. We only had one viable embryo so a lot was riding on this cycle. We truly believe that overall body and mind health are highly beneficial to optimize the chance of conceival. Dr. Funk took a holistic approach and worked with us to ensure overall health and wellbeing was achieved. Questions that I didn't get a chance to have answered by my fertility doctors he was able to answer and explain. He is very knowledgable, experienced and trustworthy. He also provided hope and reassurance when it mattered the most. I would highly recommend seeing Dr. Funk for any fertility issues!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

After several unsuccessful months of trying to conceive, I decided to proactively try acupuncture on the advice of a colleague. I actually had no idea about acupuncture or traditional Chinese medicine before going in and was pleasently surprised when Dr. Funk also provided holistic advice about supplements and diet for both myself and my husband. He had a way of making his advice simple, understandable, and doable, which resulted in actual changes to my lifestyle. I conceive a few cycles later but unfortunately had a very early miscarriage, followed by two more over the next several months. Those experiences caused so much anxiety, I honestly don't think I would have been able to get through it without Dr. Funk. I will never forget his patience with my never-ending questions and his positive encouragement. I was seeing different doctors & getting various tests and I started to feel really lost in the shuffle - so Dr. Funk's role was an invaluable source of personalized, trustworthy advice. I am now 9 weeks pregnant and this time it looks likely to be successful. I will never know for sure if acupuncture itself is what helped me successfully conceive, but without a doubt my visits with Dr. Funk were sources of calm within the storm and for that in itself I am very thankful. I will definitely go back to Dr. Funk if I have any further issues.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

If you are ttc then I highly recommend trying acupuncture. We had been trying for over a year when I first went to see Ryan. He was so calming and gave me some simple lifestyle changes that I could work on which made me feel like I was actually doing something, this made me feel hopeful. I continued my acupuncture appointments with Ryan regularly for about a year and when my husband and I decided to try IVF he was there and supported us every step of the way. It was a stressful process and my appointments provided me with pure positive, relaxation time. I'm so happy to say that I am pregnant and can't wait for the birth of our little boy. I still continue on with the lifestyle changes, which I am sure is great for my pregnancy too. Thanks for everything Ryan!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Ryan is great I have been seeing him for over a year now for acupuncture and he has seen me through thick and thin of the roller coaster of trying to get pregnant with Western medicine. Not only was he professional, compassionate and patient with all of my various emotions he helped me achieve a successful pregnancy via IVF which I am forever grateful for. His knowledge and experiences is invaluable. The whole staff at Acubalance is lovely and have always been very helpful:)

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

If you're struggling with infertility, make Ryan a part of your TTC team! My husband and I struggled with infertility for years before our path led us to seek fertility treatments. Our diagnosis: MFI and DOR. Ryan treated my husband and I before our IVF cycle. His calming and positive demeanor was a blessing throughout the entire process. Our journey to parenthood wasn't easy. It required 2 surgeries to remove uterine polyps, a failed FET, followed by another FET that resulted in a miscarriage. Every step of the way Ryan was there providing (and adjusting) treatment as necessary but most importantly he provided me with invaluable support. Ryan is an excellent doctor but above that, he is kind, uplifting, positive and determined to see you succeed. Our 3rd and final FET was a success and Ryan was one of our biggest cheerleaders 😊 Once we were released from our fertility clinic, my husband and I were scared to lose their support. I decided to continue seeing Ryan throughout my pregnancy and was grateful that he stayed a constant throughout the next chapter. Our daughter is almost 4 months old and even after her birth, Ryan has been available to answer any questions I may have as a first time parent. Once you're a patient, you can always count on him! Thank you Ryan for helping us grow our family! We are forever grateful!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. Ryan if you are struggling with infertility or going through fertility treatments. He is caring and kind, and very knowledgeable. We were already working with a fertility clinic when we came to Ryan, and he was such a great source of additional information that specialists sometimes don't have time to give. He saw us all the way from TTC naturally, through IUIs and finally IVF. Seeing him every week and being able to ask questions and get his feedback was such a comfort and made our whole IVF process so much easier and less stressful. We did one IVF cycle and are now 12 weeks pregnant - we couldn't be happier!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

I had such a positive experience with Ryan and would highly recommend him. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for about two years and we were pretty sure we would eventually have to resort to IVF. However, after seeing Ryan for 5 months we became pregnant without IVF, I never expected it to happen so fast. It was so nice having Ryan to help me through this whole process as it can become quite overwhelming, even once you do become pregnant. I will definitely be going back to him when we are ready to try for our second.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

I always looked forward to my weekly appointment with Dr. Ryan. He is caring, supportive, offers helpful advice and is a great listener. He put me at ease and always gave me a positive outlook. I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Ryan has been my acupuncurist through both my pregnancies. I always looked forward to my sessions as he provided me with a supportive and encouraging environment. His wisdom and guidance helped me get through all the phases of pregnancy and birthing. I always left feeling relaxed, at peace and motivated. Thank you Ryan!!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

Ryan has helped several members of my family from fertility, to mental health. The first thing you notice about Ryan's bedside manner is how comforting and compassionate he is. Beyond that, he offers ongoing support through email. Once you are a patient of Ryan's, you are ALWAYS a patient. My family and I can't say enough about how much we appreciate Ryan's kindness and support.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Dr. Ryan Funk's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Ictcm