Dr. Ryan Funk

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ryan Funk

I started seeing Dr.Funk about 6 weeks before I had scheduled my egg retrieval. I had a lot of anxiety about the whole process and procedure. I found Dr. Funk very experienced and knowledgeable about the process and provided me support and information above and beyond what I expected. Not only did he provide amazing acupuncture treatment he also Provided me guidance and suggestions on changes I could do and make that would increase the success of my results. I am so thankful and fortunate to have had Dr. Funk part of my health care team and would highly recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

I've been seeing Ryan for a couple of years now, and I always find him extremely helpful. Not only does he target specific areas based on my issues, but he's also interested in what's happening in my life and how it may be affecting my body. I highly recommend Ryan to anyone seeking an acupuncturist.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

I started seeing Ryan Funk leading up to our first IVF cycle. We had been trying for 5 years, did 3 rounds of IUI, tried every diet, vacations, and were unsuccessful. I really felt that if I was going to start this IVF journey I wanted to give myself the best prep treatment possible. Acubalance came highly recommended to me and the second I met Ryan I knew I was in great hands. I really appreciated Ryan's passion for helping us with infertility, and found him extremely knowledgable and always so kind! After about a month of doing Acupuncture, I decided to add the lazer treatment for the last month before our retrieval, for optimum results. We ended up with great egg and embryo results, and then pregnant with twins! I am currently 23weeks, ya! I also had zero morning sickness and I have to say, I know Ryan really helped with that as well. I am still seeing him throughout my pregnancy and plan to continue post babies. Thank you Ryan!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

I recently saw Dr. Funk for a knee issue that could only be described as problematic. With just over two weeks from embarking on a trip where a lot of walking was expected, I reinjured my surgically-repaired knee. I couldn’t take more than a few steps at a time before having to stop due to an unbearable “grinding” pain. The injury had left me with a distinctive limp, unable to extend or put my full weight on the affected leg. So, having previously seen Dr. Funk for treatment of back spasms, I figured acupuncture could help, at least in part, to reduce the pain level. The result was downright surprising, and even, dare I say it, miraculous. Using a combination of acupuncture and laser treatment, my knee progressively worked itself back into shape. The treatment schedule (over multiple visits) was aggressive, and the recovery period did take time, but the knee definitely responded! I can now attest to being pain-free even after a 14-hour plane ride and a brisk walk through icy conditions to get to my hotel. Simply awesome. Thank you, Dr. Funk!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

I've never met a doctor like Ryan Funk. I've been on and off with my fertility treatments the last 4 years. First at Olive and then at Grace. I went through some slumps and Dr. Funk was always so positive and encouraging. He would always follow-up with me over e-mail to see how I was doing. My last IVF cycle at Grace I had a really bad allergic reaction to my estrogen patches. He kept nudging me to tell my doctor to find alternatives even though no one seemed to think it was that big of a deal. I'm now 11 weeks pregnant thanks to his help and advice on the patches and the acupuncture. Everyone at the clinic is so genuinely nice and caring. Thank you Ryan Funk and team!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

I saw Dr. Funk as part of my very first IVF cycle and would do it again in a heartbeat. I found the experience really helped me to relax and control my anxieties up to and beyond our embryo transfer. Our first round of IVF was a success and I feel the acupuncture helped enormously. I'm planning on returning for some more sessions as we get closer to the birth. Thank you, Ryan!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

We were seeing Dr. Funk as we were undergoing our IVF cycle. We only had one viable embryo so a lot was riding on this cycle. We truly believe that overall body and mind health are highly beneficial to optimize the chance of conceival. Dr. Funk took a holistic approach and worked with us to ensure overall health and wellbeing was achieved. Questions that I didn't get a chance to have answered by my fertility doctors he was able to answer and explain. He is very knowledgable, experienced and trustworthy. He also provided hope and reassurance when it mattered the most. I would highly recommend seeing Dr. Funk for any fertility issues!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

After several unsuccessful months of trying to conceive, I decided to proactively try acupuncture on the advice of a colleague. I actually had no idea about acupuncture or traditional Chinese medicine before going in and was pleasently surprised when Dr. Funk also provided holistic advice about supplements and diet for both myself and my husband. He had a way of making his advice simple, understandable, and doable, which resulted in actual changes to my lifestyle. I conceive a few cycles later but unfortunately had a very early miscarriage, followed by two more over the next several months. Those experiences caused so much anxiety, I honestly don't think I would have been able to get through it without Dr. Funk. I will never forget his patience with my never-ending questions and his positive encouragement. I was seeing different doctors & getting various tests and I started to feel really lost in the shuffle - so Dr. Funk's role was an invaluable source of personalized, trustworthy advice. I am now 9 weeks pregnant and this time it looks likely to be successful. I will never know for sure if acupuncture itself is what helped me successfully conceive, but without a doubt my visits with Dr. Funk were sources of calm within the storm and for that in itself I am very thankful. I will definitely go back to Dr. Funk if I have any further issues.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

If you are ttc then I highly recommend trying acupuncture. We had been trying for over a year when I first went to see Ryan. He was so calming and gave me some simple lifestyle changes that I could work on which made me feel like I was actually doing something, this made me feel hopeful. I continued my acupuncture appointments with Ryan regularly for about a year and when my husband and I decided to try IVF he was there and supported us every step of the way. It was a stressful process and my appointments provided me with pure positive, relaxation time. I'm so happy to say that I am pregnant and can't wait for the birth of our little boy. I still continue on with the lifestyle changes, which I am sure is great for my pregnancy too. Thanks for everything Ryan!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Ryan is great I have been seeing him for over a year now for acupuncture and he has seen me through thick and thin of the roller coaster of trying to get pregnant with Western medicine. Not only was he professional, compassionate and patient with all of my various emotions he helped me achieve a successful pregnancy via IVF which I am forever grateful for. His knowledge and experiences is invaluable. The whole staff at Acubalance is lovely and have always been very helpful:)

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Dr. Ryan Funk's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Ictcm